Ok so here is my setup at the moment, I am going Monk Nalzpaca with Force of Anguish to start then chanter(cantor) as the subclass with skald because in another post i seen i should do fists with (Skalds generate phrases from critical hits so you want to attack as fast as possible.)  

The first chanter abilities i was going to do was Hel-hyraf crashed upon the shield and At the sites of their comrades they grew bold. 

i am open to changing that up if you guys reccomend another.

What would you reccomend i do for attributes right now the base stats are might 10, Consitution 10, Dexterity 11, perception 10, intillect 11, and resolve 10, with 15 points to put. for now i put might down to 5, constitution up to 15, dexterity to 19, perception down to 8 intellect up to 15 and resolve to 15.

I was going to choose deadfire archipelago to put my dextterity to 20.

CAN you give a step by step guide as to what i should be doing each level and what phrases and skills i should be learning. in poe1 i went with a build for nerd commando, ones like his would be the most helpful. I look forward to your advice.

The other job i am also doing is hunter background with the 1 to alchemy. What should i do for my first starter weapons it gives me 2 choices to pick from, oh and the other thing i picked godlike fire

Edited by immortalpickle78

I personally wouldn't dump might since even a multi class monk can do good damage, especially if you go nature godlike, I recommend doing so unless you don't like how ugly they are.

Skald or Troubadour are both good for this.  If you're going Skald then you'll want high perception, swift flurry, and later heartbeat drumming.  Force of anguish is fine, I don't tend to use it to much myself though.  You'll want raised torment, rooting pain, thunderous blows, turning wheel, and two weapon style, probably flagellants path.  From chanter it's not a bad idea to have an offensive invocation for each defense type, like hel hyraf, thunder rolled like waves, and Killers frozen stiff.  Then a chant of your choice.

For the monk stuff you can use the AI editor to use it automatically if you don't like activating stuff yourself all the time.  I tend to like to aim my invocations though since you can't use them quite as much.

I'd take FoA for knock back before Thunder Rolled from Chanter. FoA interrupts on graze. Where Thunder Rolled doesnt even hit on graze unless you put two points in. If I was fishing for an invocation to hit reflex I'd go Thrice she was wronged or wait for White Worms. Both have great upgrades, good damage, but no CC. To each their own.

I definitely agree on dumping Might that far being a bad idea. Monks are strikers and probably need "some" damage capabilities to be functional.

Yeah, Skald with low perception is bad. The class can gain phrases from crits, and accuracy (which Perception Governs) needs yo be high to get crits.

You can still be tanky, but lower con, dex, and intellect a bit. Maybe around 12ish for all of them, get might up to about 14 or so, and pump Perception to 16 or 17. Maybe bring Resolve into the 12ish neighborhood too. Honestly, you're trying to get too many stats too high. Pick 1 to get high, and try not to dump anything too far. Skald kind of picks perception as your high stat for you though.

Edited by Ganrich

In my first playthrough I went Shattered Pillar/Skald to spam crits and offensive invocations, for example: Her revenge swept across the land or the petrify one. You can go with any weapon but I recommend one single handed sabre or dual wield sabre because there are a lot of good sabres in the game and they are really fast which is what you need to spam a lot of crits, there is even one which gives you damage for each phrase held. I also recommend using Gatecrashers (50% to knock down an enemy on crit) and Fair Favor (15% hit to crit with some weapons including sabres).

If you want to use something like hatchet or battle axe, there are 2 weapons that are great:
Acolyte's Frostbite (hatchet): grants you 25% frost damage and each crit triggers a frost cone attack
Magran's Favor: grants you more than 30%+ burn damage when fully enchanted, crits trigger an aoe fire attack and kills trigger burn damage per second.

I went high perception and half dex half might, the rest at 10.

Alchemy is a must if you are Nalpazca, passive choose what you want I guess. For skills I would say, Swift Flurry, Enervating Blows and Heartbeat Drumming are the most important ones and Torment Reach is a great AoE, also don't forget Lesser Wounds and maybe Rooting Pain but that's your choice.

With Chanter everything is great, you can use summons that will carry your game or simply use offensive or defensive invocations especially CCs like Paralyze or Charm or buffs/heals. For Chants it depends if you prefer to buff your whole group or your main character but I personally use the burn and slash AoE damage one, 15% burn damage, the healing one or just use whatever you like, everything is really good.

• 1 month later...

which of these multi-class are more effective ?  helwalker/troubadour,  monk/chanter (no subclass) or monk/troubadour?  helwaker seems fragile. also, is it too bad for a monlk to use heasvy armor (example:blackened armor)  + shield  and fists having low deterity (a monk tank)?  i dont think it would be too bad since fists cause as much damage as sabre and is a fast weapon. or is that incorrect and monk with low dexterity and heavy armor with shield will be innefective?

Right now Troubadour is better than Skald in almost everything. You just won't beat 1 extra phrase per 6 seconds because crit have CHANCE to generate phrase. So to have similar speed of phrases generation you have to deal at least 2 crits per 6 seconds. And even then it is pretty random - sometimes you get crits and each is extra phrase, sometimes rare crits and even these won't give you phrases.

One more thing - you will have lots of crits only versus weak enemies and against tough opponents when you really need these extra phrases you won't have them.

Additionally, as Skald you aren't generating extra phrases while you cast, recover from casting, under CC effect or moving while Troubadour gets them reliably.

In my opinion Skald shouldn't be based on crits, maybe extra phrases generation based on number of enemies nearby. Also doubled casting speed on offensive invocations. Restriction - much weaker summons or no summons at all.

Edited by ErlKing