Hello folks,

As the topic suggests, what does full attack skills such as flame of devotion or crippling strikes do extra apart from being simply VERY GOOD with dual sabres? I'm currently running a feisty Rogue(trickster)/Paladin(Bleak walker) and I'm having a blast! Currently with 2 w mastery using sabre and an exceptional mace I found. But, I'm thinking of turning this into a 1h only build (I crave dem crits). Now, as far as I understand, this build shines most with 2w or 2h because of the sheer ammount of full atacks in the kit at my disposal.

I know Andrea and Boeroer have something to say about this because calculations were made for PoE1, and I've read em all.

Wondering about 1h solo full atacks. Would it profit? Or be objectively weaker of all choices?

Thanks in advance!

I'm not nearly the number cruncher that Andrea and Boeroer are but here's my little bit of understanding:

The only difference between a "full attack" ability and a "primary attack" ability is that a full attack will use both weapons (if you're using two weapons). While this might sounds like it would be silly to use anything but two weapons for these abilities, it doesn't actually work out that way. The inherent accuracy bonuses and passives you can take to make one-handed weapons more effective work to offset the bonuses of dual-wielding and your "full attack" abilities will still be effective with a one-handed set up. 

Instead of hitting twice with your attack, you'll only hit once but that hit will more likely be a hit or critical hit, for instance. 

I'm not nearly the number cruncher that Andrea and Boeroer are but here's my little bit of understanding:

The only difference between a "full attack" ability and a "primary attack" ability is that a full attack will use both weapons (if you're using two weapons). While this might sounds like it would be silly to use anything but two weapons for these abilities, it doesn't actually work out that way. The inherent accuracy bonuses and passives you can take to make one-handed weapons more effective work to offset the bonuses of dual-wielding and your "full attack" abilities will still be effective with a one-handed set up. 

Instead of hitting twice with your attack, you'll only hit once but that hit will more likely be a hit or critical hit, for instance. 

So you mean full atack adds to accuracy if it's on a 1 handed?

So you mean full atack adds to accuracy if it's on a 1 handed?

nope, just means that its balanced around the 1 weapon style being stronger than the other style passives.

No. Wielding a one-handed weapon (and nothing in your off hand) automatically provides an accuracy bonus. (+12 accuracy) 

This means you will critical strike more often because your accuracy has a better chance of hitting that threshold. 

Since abilities use your accuracy to calculate their attacks (usually), then you'll hit more often and have a higher chance of critical strikes. If you combine this with One-Handed Style passive then you have a 20% conversion rate of hits to crits as well. 

No. Wielding a one-handed weapon (and nothing in your off hand) automatically provides an accuracy bonus. (+12 accuracy) 

This means you will critical strike more often because your accuracy has a better chance of hitting that threshold. 

Since abilities use your accuracy to calculate their attacks (usually), then you'll hit more often and have a higher chance of critical strikes. If you combine this with One-Handed Style passive then you have a 20% conversion rate of hits to crits as well. 

I get what you want to say, but this is a perk of being 1h only, not a relationship with Full attack for it however....

I was answering this question:

Wondering about 1h solo full atacks. Would it profit? Or be objectively weaker of all choices?

The answer is no, it wouldn't be objectively weaker because of the way the game balances using a single-handed weapon. While the "full attack" ability wouldn't gain any direct benefit (because you're not using two weapons), the indirect benefits you obtain from using a single-handed weapon would offset the loss of a second weapon for these attacks, making them just as effective for a solo weapon build as they are for a two-weapon build.