Quick question about chapter mechanics, please

I don't want any spoilers. But I'm wondering if progressing the main storyline will make quests and happeings unavailable?

I'm about to find the palace, Pallegrina and whatever the main quest require me to do there, so it feels natural to just move to the palace leaving the rest of the city alone for now. And come back to it later. I worry tho, as many of these games lock out old quests as the story progress.

For example the house-faud that the city is all abuss with. It seems it may be progressing once I reach the palace. Maybe I'm supposed to intervene before that?

Edited by EmilAmundsen

Personally I did not notice any locked quests, even after progressing far in main storyline.

However, I encountered some troubles with finishing quests because of starting some of them too late (that's like in chapter 3 though)

For example I can not report one of my quests cause npc which I was supposed report to, moved to different area  (because story progress), and only has later quest related dialogues available.

• Like 1

I don't recall any quests cancelled by progressing main story, at least not at this point you're describing. If anything, it opens access to more quests, as after visiting the palace you have a real opportunity to get involved with factions.

• Like 1

As I understand it, you can complete all but the last quest for each faction, until you are tasked to go to Ondra's Mortar. You can then still finish some quests, but others can not be handed in, because the next quest will be initiated with no real way to decline it. I suppose you can then only com back and get your rewards after the game has finished.

You have to be really careful. While the quest tells you pretty clear that at this point you need to make allies, the game does not gove you the chance to hear all the options and then think about it. The consequences range from nothing, to losing reputation, to losing companions.

Edit: To avoid this, I believe you should not continue the main quest until you are tasked to head to the far north and then finish the faction quests.

Edited by VincentNZ
  • Like 1

Are you saying I should not go talk to the queen now?
(I think it's the first task on the main quest after Tutorial Island).

As I understand it, you can complete all but the last quest for each faction, until you are tasked to go to Ondra's Mortar. You can then still finish some quests, but others can not be handed in, because the next quest will be initiated with no real way to decline it. I suppose you can then only com back and get your rewards after the game has finished.

You have to be really careful. While the quest tells you pretty clear that at this point you need to make allies, the game does not gove you the chance to hear all the options and then think about it. The consequences range from nothing, to losing reputation, to losing companions.

Edit: To avoid this, I believe you should not continue the main quest until you are tasked to head to the far north and then finish the faction quests.

Edited by EmilAmundsen

Go to the palace and take the quest - it'll give you access to two companions and will open access to faction quests. In case of factions - you are free to work with all of them until the last quest for each faction. That's the point when you need to make a decision with whom you want to make an alliance. But there's plenty of stuff to do before you reach that point.

• Like 1

Are you saying I should not go talk to the queen now?

(I think it's the first task on the main quest after Tutorial Island).

Sorry just got up. Yeah you can talk to the queen and do the Hasongo Quest, but afterwards you are sent up to the very top of the map, and when you turn in that quest there is a possibility that final quests will go into your log without being able to say: "Let me think on it.", or that declining will give you a reputation loss, or that you can not turn in sidequests, because the priority of the questgiver is to give you the final quest first. It is a bit complicated. :D

If you want to be 100% about what you are doing, complete all other quests you are given before Ashen Maw. Quest at Ashen Maw is the main quest after which all factions' final quests are revealed and you have to pick one of them

Edited by BrokenMask