Share pictures of your Watcher!

My Beckoner/Wael Priest. He's a fun guy, but if one more Huana calls him "Ngati's Chosen" he's going to have 4 tiny ogres throw them down a well or something.

EDIT: anyone know how to get around the "can't use that image extension" thing?

right click and select "copy image location", in most cases that copies a url with an image extension instead of ... idk what random gibberish.

Thanks. Fingers crossed...

Okay, apparently i'm either really bad at this, or my watcher's cursed.

where did you upload it? This works for imgur, but not google (in my experience at least). As long as your image url ends in .jpg or .png it should display it.

nvAeseu.png

In firefox, right lick the picture and select "view image". This should take you to a tab with just the picture and nothing else. From there you can copy the address from the address bar and paste it in, I believe.

well, why not?

HA! Good Fun!

Gromnir, I don't recognize the hood, necklace, or the left ring you have on your character.  I don't recall seeing any enchanted hoods, and that necklace and left right are visually unique enough that I'd KNOW if I'd seen them, which I haven't (yet).  (I'm nearing the end of the game, perhaps leaving Nekataka for the last time, if ya know what I mean.)

rodrigomendoza3_zpstxcaru5d.png

as to the left ring, am assuming our left, so to speak, as it is the visual unique.  ring of marksmanship.  +8 ranged accuracy and +1 ranged weapon penetration.  am thinking we got it via a maia quest.  necklace is the bone-setter's torc.  3 charges of sawbones (which removes injuries w/o need of rest but at cost of lowered defenses) and +15% healing and 10% hit-to-crit conversion.  jic, other "left" ring is halgot's warmth which provides +3 burn armour and +3 priest restoration power level. 

as an aside, this character is a helwalker/priest of eothas and the rodrigo mendoza naming choice struck us as appropriate under the circumstances.

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir
  • Like 2

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

AY2s52y.png

This is Kihi, a former death godlike slave who fled her Aedyran masters to Dyrwood. Knowing only the life of pain, hatred, and cruelty she projected this same feelings onto the others, caring only about herself and her desires, always stone cold and merciless in her judgment of them. Due to her experiences during the hollowborn curse, the people she met along the way and her growing understanding of the freedom and herself, she became more open to the fate of others, freeing the souls of the hollowborn through the Berath's Wheel in the end. She then proceeded to rule from the fortress of Caed Nua, always ready to protect the outlawed and persecuted, enjoying her strong position in the Dyrwood as the legendary Watcher of Caed Nua.
After having her fortress destroyed by the god Eothas, she now craves for revenge, or at least repentance from Eothas who has shown her great disrespect, and basically made her freaking mad. And you don't want to be on the other side of her fist when she's mad.
(Xoti's vestments for aesthetics)

Edited by PeaCross
  • Like 8

I'll post a screenshot of the actual character model once the customization updates go through...  :shifty:

In Pillars 1 and my first time through Deadfire, she was a Wood Elf, but I decided to try Meadow Human to see if there's any reactivity I missed.

She's a rogue with a heart of gold. Orphaned at a young age and grew up on the streets of Aedyr. She'd never admit it, but her greatest wish is to find a place she can call home, which is why she traveled to the Dyrwood. And she did, in Caed Nua - until Eothas stepped on it. Oops. She's pretty pissed off at him at the start.

Eder is her heterosexual life partner, Aloth is that cute nerd she likes to bully, and she admires how Pallegina has pretty much created her own "home" through her devotion to The Republics.

post-51558-0-35361500-1527803153_thumb.jpg

Here is a screenshot of the character model I used in my first playthrough. She was a Wood Elf.

post-51558-0-00270800-1527960976_thumb.png

...and here is my Meadow Human Watcher, blending in with the locals. I can't wait for cosmetic equipment slots.

post-51558-0-38577500-1527988205_thumb.png

Edited by CENIC
  • Like 2

Aloth massages his temples, shaking his head.

NJRa1wS.png

A bleak walker mercenary from the living lands, upgraded to minor noble in the Dyrwood. Became a holy slayer of Berath after Eothas stomped on everything she and her fallen comrades had fought to create.

• Like 7

Duncan Stuart, Harbinger, Wandering Bard and All-Around Rogue

Q8a0QC6.png?1

My third run-through character (finished one play-through and bouncing back and forth between two more)

Edited by DJoker35
  • Like 5

A bleak walker mercenary from the living lands, upgraded to minor noble in the Dyrwood. Became a holy slayer of Berath after Eothas stomped on everything she and her fallen comrades had fought to create.

DoC breastplate + that Falcon's (sp) helm is a very attractive combo! Looks well armored, but not over armored; appropriate for a tropical setting, I think. Conquistador-ish.

Exoduss, on 14 Apr 2015 - 11:11 AM, said: 

also secret about hardmode with 6 man party is :  its a faceroll most of the fights you will Auto Attack mobs while lighting your spliff

NJRa1wS.png

arghhhhhhh

she is gorgeous ! *shake fist* damn you!!!!!!!!!!!!!! now I want one too!  :lol:

• Like 4
I'll bet ye've got all sorts o' barmy questions! (She mimics your heroic stance) Greetin's, I have some questions... can ye tell me about this place? Who's the Lady o' Pain? I'm lookin' fer the magic Girdle of Swank Iron, have ye seen it? Do ye know where a portal ta the 2,817th Plane o' the Abyss might be? Do ye know where the Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum is?

Elderly Hive Dweller

I'll post a screenshot of the actual character model once the customization updates go through...  :shifty:

In Pillars 1 and my first time through Deadfire, she was a Wood Elf, but I decided to try Meadow Human to see if there's any reactivity I missed.

She's a rogue with a heart of gold. Orphaned at a young age and grew up on the streets of Aedyr. She'd never admit it, but her greatest wish is to find a place she can call home, which is why she traveled to the Dyrwood. And she did, in Caed Nua - until Eothas stepped on it. Oops. She's pretty pissed off at him at the start.

Eder is her heterosexual life partner, Aloth is that cute nerd she likes to bully, and she admires how Pallegina has pretty much created her own "home" through her devotion to The Republics.

attachicon.gif20180531165537_1.jpg

@CENIC I didn't notice the file type when I uploaded this portrait. The watercolor versions are PNG and the others are JPEG so the game won't use the watercolors. You need to open the watercolors in a program and save them as JPEG or download them again in the portrait thread (link below). I tested them with the same extension and they work.

Sorry for the inconvenience, I didn't know about this until now.

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/99990-portraits-iii/page-16?do=findComment&comment=2041445

• Like 1

sign.jpg

My two main POE playthroughs ported over to deadfire. :w00t:

HGqJXk3.png?2

A shifter Druid explorer from the living lands. She was once a somewhat fanatical follower of Galawain, traveling from place to place seeking answers for why she was chosen by him but her time in the Dyrwood turned her against the gods and everything they stand for.

qSPhwgj.png?1

Then there is the character I just started with. A beguiler from Aedyr, once a noble but ended up disinhereted because he was using his abilities as a cipher to manipulate others for his own ends. His goal was to regain his nobke status and wealth, which he did somewhat in Dyrwood but then Eothas happened. He isn't happy. :no:

• Like 4

It's important for everyone to know one thing:

I regret this.

I regret every part of this. 

No you don't because this is amazing. What better way to curse the world than with something that effectively functions as a Medusa?

• Like 3

Yes! We have no bananas.

Here is mine: Lvl 20 Damage Sponge

d6Ozf58.jpg

haven't played dark souls yet (i intend to some day), but if i did, that would have given me flashbacks.

• Like 1

Yesterday, upon the stair, I met a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today, I wish, I wish he'd go away... -Hughes Mearns

This one looks more like the character, if you prefer it.

I'm not sure I'll go too far with Durangand to be honest. He's frankly pretty horrible. 

I set his background to "Everything Bad" and made him a Priest of Magran/Sharpshooter with a pet boar named Whoreson Junior. 

Edited by Parasol_Syndicate
  • Like 1

Magran's fire casts light in Dark Places...