Share pictures of your Watcher!

Pillars_of_Eternity_II_Deadfire_Screensh

Awesome Drizzt, what's his class and stats?

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/101107-someone-have-good-advice-for-a-drizzt-dourden-build/

I really like it , but also other idea like fighter/barbarbarian with the tiger figurine isn't bad...

here my final choice

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/101107-someone-have-good-advice-for-a-drizzt-dourden-build/?p=2039122

Edited by kilay

^Nice - she's got a lightsaber!

• Like 2

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

how do you get those glowy weapons ? is it from crafting ? 

I'll bet ye've got all sorts o' barmy questions! (She mimics your heroic stance) Greetin's, I have some questions... can ye tell me about this place? Who's the Lady o' Pain? I'm lookin' fer the magic Girdle of Swank Iron, have ye seen it? Do ye know where a portal ta the 2,817th Plane o' the Abyss might be? Do ye know where the Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum is?

Elderly Hive Dweller

I think that's the Animancer's Blade.

You get it off one of the mercenary's during the quest Skipping Ahead

Soo..crafting doesn't make weapon glow ? at all ? 

That's saaad.....

I'll bet ye've got all sorts o' barmy questions! (She mimics your heroic stance) Greetin's, I have some questions... can ye tell me about this place? Who's the Lady o' Pain? I'm lookin' fer the magic Girdle of Swank Iron, have ye seen it? Do ye know where a portal ta the 2,817th Plane o' the Abyss might be? Do ye know where the Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum is?

Elderly Hive Dweller

Soo..crafting doesn't make weapon glow ? at all ? 

That's saaad.....

I'm not gonna say take my word for it, but I don't *think* so, no. I believe all the glowing weapons I've found were like such from the start.

• Like 1

i actually think it's the sword of the watcher, however, until you identify it, it's called i believe the ordinary sword. 

i keep looking for it to show in my inventory and i always seem to miss it. till i've got swords that are fully upgraded or soulbound and completely unlocked.

does anyone know what event specifically produces it?

• Like 1

Yesterday, upon the stair, I met a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today, I wish, I wish he'd go away... -Hughes Mearns

i actually think it's the sword of the watcher, however, until you identify it, it's called i believe the ordinary sword. 

i keep looking for it to show in my inventory and i always seem to miss it. till i've got swords that are fully upgraded or soulbound and completely unlocked.

does anyone know what event specifically produces it?

Yep it's exactly the Watcher's Blade (left hand)

But the real lightsaber IMO is this one (right hand), the Animancer's Energy Blade

lightsaber.png

Edited by kilay
  • Like 3

It's actually called the watchers blade. And I really have no idea where I got it. It has a raw damage lash by default which can be upgraded :)

Here I found it on the wiki: https://pillarsofeternity.gamepedia.com/Watcher%27s_Blade

It's bonusses aren't anything amazing. I just kept it because it looks great and has a cool name.

• Like 1

Duncan Stuart, Harbinger, Wandering Bard and All-Around Rogue

Q8a0QC6.png?1

My third run-through character (finished one play-through and bouncing back and forth between two more)

I don't know why, but I imagine your character behaving and talking like that Scoundrel in Diablo 3, if you ever touched that game.

Edited by IndiraLightfoot
  • Like 3

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

I don't have any screenshots of my first Watcher, Zenya but I painted them sorta recently:

ZGnisWI.png

They're basically my first Watcher. Zenya is a forested orlan from Ixamitl Plains. Drifter. Cipher. Their dispositions were mostly passionate, clever and benevolent. Cheeky, quick-witted with strong opinions and feelings about EVERYTHING. Makes fast friends.

My next Watcher was Skaði, a pale elf from White that Wends. I picked Mystic for her background but I think i could change it to something else. She's stoic and seems really unaffected by whatever life throws at her. Frankly I didn't enjoy playing as her that much until I picked her to wield Abydon's hammer and potentially sacrifice herself in White March p. 2. That what works as a character development in games sometimes.

Here's how she looks in Deadfire:

Fz0xY4Q.png

I guess she lost her eye sometime between PoE and Deadfire. I chose to multiclass her as a wizard/fighter to honor her surprising development in White March. I think she likes putting herself in danger.

My latest Watcher is a death godlike from Old Vailia. She's an artist, a singer to be specific. Her main class is Chanter but I multiclassed her as a Chanter (Skald)/Rogue (Assassin).

VZRBv5Y.png

I'm pretty sure she introduced doom metal to Eastern Reach. She's drawn to macabre. Embraces her own uniqueness and rather horrifying looks. She kinda cynically thinks that being a death godlike granted her a unique perspective into kith's nature in seeing how they react to her and what they do to her. She doesn't really feel any sympathy for others - it has to be earned. Her only warm feelings are reserved for other godlikes, especially death godlikes. She's self-serving and doesn't really feel she owes anyone anything. I see her as that really original person with a strong personality who likes to draw attention. She herself is an artist but she could also be someone's muse. Main dispositions are shady and clever with a touch of cruel. She's a work in progress though.

I also have an idea for another Watcher, a Huana guy who became a priest of Eothas. He'd be a Roparu (but not sure if the game would actually support that). Mostly because I want to see if there's any reactivity in the game.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

My Watcher is an Assassin from the Deadfire. She was a Skaen Priest in PoE1 but ended up losing her faith in her God. She is an Aristocrat from a royal family that was murdered. Since I don't see any evidence of a human Kingdom there, I changed her to a raider for PoE2.

watcher.jpg

She became a Skaenite because she believed her family was oppressed... Yes, I know, first world problems. :rolleyes: I imagine her as something like Arya Stark from Game of Thrones. Maybe she is hiding her past and pretending she was a raider before. ;)

This conversation from PoE1 was the last straw regarding her faith (Spoilers for Aristocrat Skaen Priest):

Skaen.png

She can understand his criticism, but not his hypocrisy. He is just Woedica's dog. So much for violent rebellion. :facepalm:

Btw, do the Gods even notice if somebody is one of their priests?

So now she is just an Assassin. :devil:

• Like 4

sign.jpg

post-217049-0-24824100-1529285813.jpg

Nia, originally a mercenary from the Aedyr Empire and a single class Fighter because "screw your fancy spells, I have a sword as long as you're tall".

She's not talkative by any means. Favors a straightforward approach to problems. Enemy ahead? Great sword. Door locked? Great sword. Negotiation troubles? Nice talk, for a change (though toying with the great sword to give her words some added emphasis surely won't hurt).

Her hobbies include collecting stray dogs (and cats too, I guess), charging enemies, and generally making a nuisance of herself whenever the gods are involved, even though she thinks Berath is an alright god. Or goddess. Or whatever. They gave her a cool bell for doing something she was going to do anyway.

post-217049-0-24824100-1529285813_thumb.jpg

Edited by Baluar
  • Like 2

My Lord Soth . (i need a more appropriate armor and a good helmet for the Death side)

I really love the new  features that allow to change the appeareance even after the character creation

Edited by kilay