Hey all. I know the game is new and all but I was wondering if a TCS is possible. I nearly got the ultimate in POE1 as a monk, but with the Moon Godlike nerf really hurt my playstyle. Is TCS possible in POE2? If so, what builds would be good for it?

So far I am soloing PotD (not triple crown yet) and Herald (Kind Wayfarer/Chanter [skald or Troubadour imo]) is great for solo. You defenses and self heal is sky high and you still have a lot of great damage tools, AOE CC, AOE damage and passive buffs/debuffs.

So far I am soloing PotD (not triple crown yet) and Herald (Kind Wayfarer/Chanter [skald or Troubadour imo]) is great for solo. You defenses and self heal is sky high and you still have a lot of great damage tools, AOE CC, AOE damage and passive buffs/debuffs.

Ah what were your starting stats? Also, is int mandatory on Troubadour consideirng you have no lingers?

Ah what were your starting stats? Also, is int mandatory on Troubadour consideirng you have no lingers?

You have no lingers only if you activate his modal and INT still affect your Chanter debuffs/buffs and Paladin buffs so I think it's still important.

Starting stats were Might 18, Con 6, Dex 16, Per 10, Int 18, Res 8. Though Higher Per would help at the beginning before you start to get +ACC to every item you touch later. I dumped CON since I also went moon godlike to stack all healing possible so you can get away with lower HP.

Though of course I am not saying those are perfect stats, but works so far.

You have no lingers only if you activate his modal and INT still affect your Chanter debuffs/buffs and Paladin buffs so I think it's still important.

Starting stats were Might 18, Con 6, Dex 16, Per 10, Int 18, Res 8. Though Higher Per would help at the beginning before you start to get +ACC to every item you touch later. I dumped CON since I also went moon godlike to stack all healing possible so you can get away with lower HP.

Ah, is that high dex needed?

I've been tinkering with different builds proposed on these boards as viable solo potd and even tho I like many builds so far I really should've gone with my first gut feeling and just roll single class wizard without a subclass. With that cheap Bereth Blessing that give you some cash and spawn a vendor in Port Maje you get gloves that give +2 power level for evocation spells, pair it with nature godlike +2 power levels after infuse with vital essence (level 2 hp buff spell) and its just mad damage with fireballs and missiles spells. Empowered versions just 1 shot things or whole encounters (if its just 3-4 enemies). I'm level 5 in this pirate fort that you get quest for right after you sail from Port Maje and dude its just riddiculous how things just evaporate. 

I'll probably stop this playthrough right now tho and focus on my full party with 2h berserker/bleakwalker using story characters to have for fun with dialogs and stuff. I'll probably leave wizard solo for when they fix difficulty.

Ah, is that high dex needed?

It's 18% bonus Action Speed which I consider very important on mix of caster and melee as because you solo you will want to wear heavier armors and every bit ot Action Speed stacking will help you deal damage/cast faster.

Of course you can drop it if you want for something else.

I would be highly interested in recommended TC solo builds, I just want to start one, but I don't really have a strong idea what to start it with.

Thinking chanter / paladin maybe? That's never a bad choice...

I've been tinkering with different builds proposed on these boards as viable solo potd and even tho I like many builds so far I really should've gone with my first gut feeling and just roll single class wizard without a subclass. With that cheap Bereth Blessing that give you some cash and spawn a vendor in Port Maje you get gloves that give +2 power level for evocation spells, pair it with nature godlike +2 power levels after infuse with vital essence (level 2 hp buff spell) and its just mad damage with fireballs and missiles spells. Empowered versions just 1 shot things or whole encounters (if its just 3-4 enemies). I'm level 5 in this pirate fort that you get quest for right after you sail from Port Maje and dude its just riddiculous how things just evaporate. 

I'll probably stop this playthrough right now tho and focus on my full party with 2h berserker/bleakwalker using story characters to have for fun with dialogs and stuff. I'll probably leave wizard solo for when they fix difficulty.

Yeah, I never play casters in RPGs for this reason. Never met system where they are balanced. They are either garbage or overpowered. Hence why I stick to melee or some semi-casters.

In my party playthrough I ditched out Aloth because of that. Empowered Fireball- BUM! Great combat, thank you.

Getting to level 19 is gg for any chanter multiclass because of "Set to their purpose, they all knew their part".

I have Troubadour/Devoted, dwing sabres and while cleave stance was very op for a long time, now I finally can say all fights are a joke, due to getting empowerded attacks while the invocation is active (the invocation's duration goes to 60 thru using the invocation....) and most importantly regaining resources every 3 seconds.

I just spam charge all fight which seems to not only full attack the target but everything in it's path... (mob stance still working when charge kills somebody)

Edited by Raven Darkholme

Currently, I am looking at Trickster.

max Per, max Int, Dex, (Mig). One handed. Hearth Orlan (there are figurines, right?)

Avoid everything possible and what is not avoidable either Backstab or Confuse or DoT. Console level up revealed that at max level Confuse lasts over 60sec, Mirror Image over 120s and Gaze of Adragan over 12 sec. 3 means of becoming invisible up to 37 sec , 2 means of Confusion, prolonging Confusion via Enfeebled and Lasting Empower, not taking many other abilities but taking many passives boosting critical hit conversion and critical damage, utility and escape mechanism. Riposte?

Just "dreamed" this up and am level 4 at the moment. Are there many groups that have to be fought or could I kind of pacifist like in PoE? 

Edited by knownastherat

Yeah, I never play casters in RPGs for this reason. Never met system where they are balanced. They are either garbage or overpowered. Hence why I stick to melee or some semi-casters.

In my party playthrough I ditched out Aloth because of that. Empowered Fireball- BUM! Great combat, thank you.

Yea pretty much :) In PoE 1 I played so many times with wizard both solo and party that I'd say it was even stronger in right hands because you could cast with jedi speed at times. That being said in PoE 1 you needed to nail self buffs rotations/priorities before you could unleash all your destruction, so far in PoE 2 you only put on Hardened Veil for concentration and deflection against alpha strikes and toss empowered fireball in the biggest crowd. The only real danger so far were guys with veil piercing arquebuses but you can 1 shot them from stealth as first targets so... Don't let me discourage you tho. I love casters for their eventual frailty when you get cought with your pants down but its so hard to get cought in that state by rather limited AI that you end up somewhat OP if you use a bit of brain.

One thing for certain PoE 2 animations and spell effects pretty much force me to play wizard atleast once;P

I'd love to see chanter/ranger and kite whenever needed. You have a pet to start the combat with, Bear if you want the tanking. Then you start dropping either more pets or stunlock everything once you get a couple chants.

I'm also looking at Rogue/Monk or Rogue/Fighter and grabbing the rogue ability to full attack people who miss you in melee. You would do a lot of damage with high deflection and just focus any ranged/casters.

So Evoker Wizards are strong as hell.

How are Fury Druids In comparision? Anyone got any thoughts about their high end dps spells, compare to Wizard Damage or not?

I wouldn't go Evoker for solo. U loose transmutation and conjuration spells this way. You loose Chillfog and Arcane veil right off the bat in early game and they are probably the biggest tools to get you anywhere early. Without Arcane Veil you will probably drop instantly vs alpha strikes in some scripted fights that get you surrounded at start of combat without letting you ambush enemies with empowered fireball (like in Nekataka for example). If you want to go Evoker badly for some RNG oomph then I think you must multiclass it with some assassin or sth that let you get out of combat, smoke bomb -> invis etc. 

Chanter/X is really top notch. 

Especially War Caller (any subclass combo honestly) due to the overpowered Unbending + Mercy and Kindness.

Though Fighter lack burst heal which you need many times in solo PotD in harder fights. He has good sustain, But sometimes when you are hit by 5 rangers and 6 melee guys and you HP drops to half you could use some burst and this is where Paladin comes with Lay on Hands, Greater Lay on Hands and Kind Wayfarer FoD especially. 

I think I would not survive some fights on my solo PotD if I took Fighter/Troubadour instead of Kind Wayfarer/Troubadour. Many times that burst heal saved my ass as heal over time is just not enough sometimes. Second Wind is super strong with Athletics (little too strong imo, needs nerf) but sometimes you need more than that.

Not to mention even with my Paladin and +21 to all Defenses I am still on some fights Hobbled/Knockdowned/Stunned etc. so fighter would have harder time surviving those moments.

Moon godlike helps with that a little, but it's nowhere near PoE level. I think now at Power Level 5 and +25% healing received my Moon Godlike passive heals for like 20-something per it's tick. Nowhere near PoE1 levels. Still I think best race for solo tied with Nature Godlike and Humans.

I think Fighter/Chanter with high athletics and Moon Godlike would be great but you can struggle in first 3rd of the game in group fights before you grind money to get all best armor and weapons and you don't want to spend that gold on healing potions/scrolls as on solo grabbing that best gear early helps ton. Later in game Fighter Unbending + Old Sic or Mercy chant would give him amazing heals, but at this point you start to reach pick of any build and have good gear and game is not that hard anymore.

Just my few cents. Though my second Character will be either Devoted/Troubadour Elf or pure Beaconer.

Edited by Voltron

Especially War Caller (any subclass combo honestly) due to the overpowered Unbending + Mercy and Kindness.

Though Fighter lack burst heal which you need many times in solo PotD in harder fights. He has good sustain, But sometimes when you are hit by 5 rangers and 6 melee guys and you HP drops to half you could use some burst and this is where Paladin comes with Lay on Hands, Greater Lay on Hands and Kind Wayfarer FoD especially. 

I think I would not survive some fights on my solo PotD if I took Fighter/Troubadour instead of Kind Wayfarer/Troubadour. Many times that burst heal saved my ass as heal over time is just not enough sometimes. Second Wind is super strong with Athletics (little too strong imo, needs nerf) but sometimes you need more than that.

Not to mention even with my Paladin and +21 to all Defenses I am still on some fights Hobbled/Knockdowned/Stunned etc. so fighter would have harder time surviving those moments.

Moon godlike helps with that a little, but it's nowhere near PoE level. I think now at Power Level 5 my Moon Godlike passive heals for like 20-something per it's tick.

I think Fighter/Chanter with high athletics and Moon Godlike would be great but you can struggle in first 3rd of the game in group fights before you grind money to get all best armor and weapons.

If you solo Unbending + Brilliant Invocation is a real strong burst heal, moon godlike is real bad in comparison and LoH is not needed at all.

Moon godlike helps with that a little, but it's nowhere near PoE level. I think now at Power Level 5 my Moon Godlike passive heals for like 20-something per it's tick.

I think Fighter/Chanter with high athletics and Moon Godlike would be great but you can struggle in first 3rd of the game in group fights before you grind money to get all best armor and weapons.

If you solo Unbending + Brilliant Invocation is a real strong burst heal, moon godlike is real bad in comparison and LoH is not needed at all.

Brilliant Invocation is end-game, lol it's Level VII. At that point every build will be strong as you have tons of armor, Legendary gear and access to best combos/abilities. The problem with soloing PotD here and in PoE1 is early game and getting to that end-game. You won't have decent burst heal apart from Second Wind till Power Level VII on Chanter (Mercy) and any decent self healing till Power Level V on Fighter (Unbending).

A lot of early solo fights before that can almost insta-kill you or get you to less than half HP in first two turns. Not to even mention a lot of Group fights vs you solo can perma-CC you. I avoided that because Paladin has +21 to all defenses very fast. On Fighter there is a chance in some fights to not get up from floor. or perform action before you die. Especially when you try Triple Crown it's kind of risky bet.

Not to mention very early game where you want to level fast and get some good gear from Islands and all you have is Fighter Passive + healing chants and Second Wind opposed to Second Wind + Chants passive + Lay on Hands + Kind Wayfarer FoD.

As for moon godlike heal is decent (it heals me now on PL V for more more than 20 per pick which for passive is great since for example most heal overtime auras/passives heal for like 1-3 HP). 

I agree it's bad later game, but in early game again- it helped. Though in later game you'd be better with Nature Godlike. But both are great. Since there are a lot of decent helmets however- going human or elv or anything else is also good. For example Favor gives 15% Hits to Crit, Golden Hawk Helmet gives 20% Hits to Grazes, many give +1 or +2 Intellect which is great on Chanter/Paladin. 

Did you even try to PotD solo or you just theorycraft now? 

Edited by Voltron

Fighter/Paladin is bonkers. Stacking +20 defense to all afflictions, +21 all saves, and +20 defenses with vigorous defense is nuts. Tons of self heal and you have so much defense that you can easily get away with using a 2hander with cleave (as of right now you can get the axe without actually fighting the grub).

Might, dex, int + moon godlike is the way to go i think, devoted with whatever weapon, goldpact is super strong with repeated armor buffs as you don't take many hits, and kind wayfarer is strong with the heal. The brigandine that gives attack speed with every engage + defender stance is really strong for survivability and damage. 

Edited by George_Truman

@Voltron I went with Beckoner/Shieldbearer. I don't know if this is a downgrade but I'm really liking it so far. I dumped Per and went full defences/might. This allows me to be tanky enough to channel my summons. I hope it won't be a downgrade late game compared to troubadour but all these summons make me into a killing machine while being extreamly tanky even in the early game. Soloing and did not have to sneak past any fights so far

Fighter/Paladin is bonkers. Stacking +20 defense to all afflictions, +21 all saves, and +20 defenses with vigorous defense is nuts. Tons of self heal and you have so much defense that you can easily get away with using a 2hander with cleave (as of right now you can get the axe without actually fighting the grub).

Might, dex, int + moon godlike is the way to go i think, devoted with whatever weapon, goldpact is super strong with repeated armor buffs as you don't take many hits, and kind wayfarer is strong with the heal. The brigandine that gives attack speed with every engage + defender stance is really strong for survivability and damage. 

I agree with that. Fighter/Kind Wayfarer would be ez mode to solo. Early levels Paladin heals + Constant Recovery will easly keep you up in early game hard solo fights. Later when you get Vigorous Defense and Unbending + gear it would be walking tank. And Two Weapons with Cleave stance would also be nice. Though I would not take Devoted as there is too many good weapons to restrict yourself to one imo. I would probaly get pure Fighter here or Unbroken to combo with Kind Wayfarer.

Though it can be also quite boring to play as :D. I don't like solo with pure melee builds in isometric RPGs- they are very (for me) boring to play as :D

Edited by Voltron