So much for all those notes about the setting Sawyer claimed they had. They clearly didn't plan anything in advance. Or if they did they threw it out.

Woedica's symbol in Sun-in-Shadow is an unbroken crown in contrast to everywhere else in the game for a reason. Yeah there's lots of sophistry that can justify a retcon, but it's still a retcon.

Edited by The Sharmat
  • Like 3

I chose Galawain to strengthen the souls of Dyrwood but didn't see any acknowledgement or boon either. I've heard there was supposed to be a Dyrwoodan trading expedition or something in the game, never encountered it.

I chose Galawain to strengthen the souls of Dyrwood but didn't see any acknowledgement or boon either. I've heard there was supposed to be a Dyrwoodan trading expedition or something in the game, never encountered it.

Edér is supposed to have a HP bonus if you pick that. At least, that is what I read.

Azarhal, Chanter and Keeper of Truth of the Obsidian Order of Eternity.

Edér is supposed to have a HP bonus if you pick that. At least, that is what I read.

Lol, that's it?  :rolleyes:

I know right?

It's NOTHING compared to Hylea's boon you get.

She bakes you a cake.

Poe2_hyleas_bounty_icon.png?version=23da

I love cake.

• Like 6

I know right?

She bakes you a cake.

I love cake.

Cake is a lie, you know?

Anyway, I've checked and yea, Eder has +5 Max Health boon. That's fine I guess, I didn't do it for the Dyrwood anyway, but for Pallegina to be pardoned by the ducs ending. It even imported properly, surprisingly, and she had an extra talk about it.

Edited by Aramintai
  • Like 3

Galawain also helps you with dragon fights, debuffing them greatly. Think it only applies once. I only chose to fight the dragon in Magran's Teeth so I dunno.

Edited by NocturnalTrance

"People fear, not death, but having life taken from them. Many waste the life given to them, occupying themselves with things that do not matter. When the end comes, they say they did not have time enough to spend with loved ones, to fulfill dreams, to go on adventures they only talked about... But why should you fear death if you are happy with the life you have led, if you can look back on everything and say, 'Yes, I am content. It is enough.'" ~Wynne, Dragon age Origins

There might be other stuff than the Edér HP bonus, the pledge don't all results in items, but their might be other stat bonus.

I'll have to try the cake one day though, but if I do that I won't hear Hylea say "It's...you" so disdainfully, nor Magran's sarcasm that follows.

Azarhal, Chanter and Keeper of Truth of the Obsidian Order of Eternity.

I know right?

She bakes you a cake.

I love cake.

Cake is a lie, you know?

Anyway, I've checked and yea, Eder has +5 Max Health boon. That's fine I guess, I didn't do it for the Dyrwood anyway, but for Pallegina to be pardoned by the ducs ending. It even imported properly, surprisingly, and she had an extra talk about it.

Should've at least gave him 2 extra resolve. :(

• Like 1

I imported a save with empowered Woedica, and this was the only recognition I saw of it. It was pretty disappointing. I've always given the souls to Berath, but going with Woedica sounded like it had the potential to be a lot of fun. Definitely going back to Berath for my next playthrough.

I was particularly annoyed not to get any reactivity in the Steel Garrote questline. I was expecting Woedica to spirit-in at any moment. Save for Abydon, Woedica is the only god we haven't had a one-on-one talk with(and the Eyeless were pretty close to talking with Abydon).

Though, like BalkothTheFeared, I also stayed mostly silent. It's possible I missed some reactivity there. And I did every side quest I ran across, but I didn't run across them all so it's possible there's something there as well. I also haven't seen what Woedica acts like in conversation with the other gods without being empowered. Is she less brash, less belligerent? I wouldn't think so.

I imported a save with empowered Woedica, and this was the only recognition I saw of it. It was pretty disappointing. I've always given the souls to Berath, but going with Woedica sounded like it had the potential to be a lot of fun. Definitely going back to Berath for my next playthrough.

I was particularly annoyed not to get any reactivity in the Steel Garrote questline. I was expecting Woedica to spirit-in at any moment. Save for Abydon, Woedica is the only god we haven't had a one-on-one talk with(and the Eyeless were pretty close to talking with Abydon).

Though, like BalkothTheFeared, I also stayed mostly silent. It's possible I missed some reactivity there. And I did every side quest I ran across, but I didn't run across them all so it's possible there's something there as well. I also haven't seen what Woedica acts like in conversation with the other gods without being empowered. Is she less brash, less belligerent? I wouldn't think so.

Interesting, I didn't get that blurb about Woedica (instead I got something about sacrificing a companion to the blood pool). Did you sacrifice a companion as part of your history? 

Interesting, I didn't get that blurb about Woedica (instead I got something about sacrificing a companion to the blood pool). Did you sacrifice a companion as part of your history? 

No, I didn't. The scene felt weird in that it only asked me one question. Was expecting to have to recap a bunch of stuff.

Edited by Icesong

the key thing to remember here is that they already mentioned that your actions in PoE1 may not come back in PoE2 in ways you were expecting. So unless you've done 100% of every possible thing multiple times using different backgrounds, it may be a bit hard to notice.