is this game solid or I better wait?

I thought to start PoE 2 tomorrow but, knowing that game is unbalanced and save import doesn't work properly, I'll wait 2 months.

Now I'm skeptical that savegame import will work properly in the future.

Many thanks guys for your interesting answers :)

I've been playing on the beta patch for tomorrow, and it's fixed basically every import issue I had at first. So at least one of your issues will be fixed in 24 hours.

"Wizards do not need to be The Dudes Who Can AoE Nuke You and Gish and Take as Many Hits as a Fighter and Make all Skills Irrelevant Because Magic."

-Josh Sawyer

ive not seen any bugs. The main issue is the difficulty. But if you dont read on whats overpowered on the forums and/or if you dont accidentally pick an overpowered strategy then the game will be  challenging, although still not as challenging as POE1. 

Yeah imo the biggest downer is the difficulty. However, if you play only one character it feels better in terms of difficulty. I've died a few times so far on my solo veteran playthrough. Depending on your class selection I suppose,I tried a solo chanter/ranger but summons and pet made it too easy and cheesy.

No game breaking bugs this far, although I noticed a few things that seemed glitchy or not quite right. As usual, I plan to wait for at least three patch cycle releases before delving into it seriously. All I did was give it a quick try and completed a few quests, just to get an overall feel. I'm looking forward to spending some serious quality time finishing it.

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

Game is great. Buy it, play it. Wait for difficulty to be sorted then replay it. Boom, done.

Also, you can edit your PoE1 history into the game if the import doesn't work in the options menu.

• Like 2

You read my post.

You have been eaten by a grue.

Game is great. Buy it, play it. Wait for difficulty to be sorted then replay it. Boom, done.

Also, you can edit your PoE1 history into the game if the import doesn't work in the options menu.

You call a game great if its impossible to die on the hardest difficulty?

More like the game will be great after they fix the difficulty settings

Is it solid? No. Should you wait? Yes. Will you still have fun if you play it now? Probably, I'm having a blast even though I'm just rushing the main plot. It's sad that the launch was so terrible because it's one of the best games I've played in a very long time.

• Like 3

I'd like to ask you if this game is:

1 perfectly playable without serious bugs.

2 well balanced. I remember PoE1 too easy when I played it.

Thanks in advance and congrats to obsidian for their success.

Definitely, definitely wait.

Apparently the difficulty has been a **** show of easy.

They even said they had to choose between balancing difficulty and bugfixing and that was after a month delay of release for bugfixing. That balancing will be in post release.

Many people are talking about the game being way too easy and it being a let down - do what im doing and keep yourself busy while you wait for i guess post release balancing.

Edited by whiskiz
  • Like 1

The bugs aren’t the problem it’s the game difficulty.

Currently it is almost impossible to die on the hardest difficulty POTD.

I find it hilarious when people say this.  Does no one leave crit path?  Does no one explore?  I found a three eoten fight when I was level 5, I had only one exceptional weapon, and most of my armor was "fine" level, trust me, I didn't win.

Also OP, all these difficulty complainers are specifically saying the hardest difficulty setting in the game needs to be  harder.  Something the lead Dev admitted before the game was even released.  It is a non issue, if you care about playing on the hardest setting (most people dont), wait at least until that gets patched which will probably be soon.

Edited by Karkarov
  • Like 2

I find it hilarious when people say this.  Does no one leave crit path?  Does no one explore?  I found a three eoten fight when I was level 5, I had only one exceptional weapon, and most of my armor was "fine" level, trust me, I didn't win.

Also OP, all these difficulty complainers are specifically saying the hardest difficulty setting in the game needs to be  harder.  Something the lead Dev admitted before the game was even released.  It is a non issue, if you care about playing on the hardest setting (most people dont), wait at least until that gets patched which will probably be soon.

It’s ridiculous that people are complaining about the level scaling option not working?

It’s ridiculous that people are complaining about the level scaling option not working?

It works, just not as well as it should.  Also there is a huge difference between "this game is a cake walk and wayyy to easy" and "level scaling doesn't work".  Anyone saying you "can't die" in this game is purely full of crap.

• Like 9

Mate level scaling is currently not working.

Stop being so sure of yourself based on nothing other then you’re own interpretation of what you think.

Josh sawyer has admitted that level scaling is not working on Twitter.

You are steering people in the wrong direction please do your research before commenting

Thankyou

• Like 1

You call a game great if its impossible to die on the hardest difficulty?

More like the game will be great after they fix the difficulty settings

Ah yes, the ol' "the game is a bit unbalanced so it's totally worthless as an entertainment medium".

Dude, instead of saying the same thing in every thread please change the record. It's getting old. Fire up PoE1 on PotD, play IWD1/2 on Heart of Fury mode to satiate you. It'll get fixed. Can you genuinely not enjoy any aspect of the game until PotD is rebalanced?

Edit: I play GW2 a lot, and this is the exact same nonsense that hardcore raiders spew, ignoring the fact that 95% of the playerbase don't even touch raids. You're in the minority. Critical path bugs and general game polishing come first. Deal with it.

Edited by Ashen Rohk
  • Like 7

You read my post.

You have been eaten by a grue.

It's like any game, if you want a better and likely cheaper product then wait a few months.

Personally, I've had no real issues but from the many complaint threads you can see that others have. Of course people are more likely to be vocal about it if their experience is negative so take it with a grain of salt.

• Like 3

Free games updated 3/4/21

It works, just not as well as it should.  Also there is a huge difference between "this game is a cake walk and wayyy to easy" and "level scaling doesn't work".  Anyone saying you "can't die" in this game is purely full of crap.

Indeed, and PotD as well as solo runs usually cater to a tiny percentage of all players, so it makes sense to give such modes lesser priority.

I love those modes, but I don't cry for that - I'm tying one hand behind my back with stuff like not rerolling companions and sidekicks, etc.

You can make the game very challenging as it stands right now.

• Like 2

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***