is this game solid or I better wait?

well..I only had a few minors bugs and very very few crash . But they gonna patch it soon . 

The same goes with difficulty . They are planning on releasing 2 patch , the 2nd one will be about difficulty . 

Edit: and patch dont always fix stuff . Had that issue with Divinity original Sin 2 , where the patch didnt fix quest that were broken . 

So recommand that you wait till the 2 patch are released , and watch for the peoples feedback . 

Edited by E.RedMark
I'll bet ye've got all sorts o' barmy questions! (She mimics your heroic stance) Greetin's, I have some questions... can ye tell me about this place? Who's the Lady o' Pain? I'm lookin' fer the magic Girdle of Swank Iron, have ye seen it? Do ye know where a portal ta the 2,817th Plane o' the Abyss might be? Do ye know where the Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum is?

Elderly Hive Dweller

I've only run into minor bugs that had work-arounds that didn't hinder my progress in the game.  The companion AI can seem a bit wonky.  But overall, I have no problems with the game and am enjoying it thus far.  

For what its worth, as far as difficulty, I think that as long as you choose a setting that fits, its fine - make sure the settings don't downscale difficulty for your level.  Some of the "Blessings" in the game don't do much to change the difficulty - rather they help you get started more quickly (such as starting money).  But if you are looking for difficulty, prob best to avoid using that stuff.  

I am telling everyone I know to wait a minimum of 3 months.

There are SO many problems in game right now. I'm not even talking about crashing. I've crashed twice in 70 hours of play. But there are SO many bugs that make we want to never buy from this company again.

Perhaps if I had waited a few months for them to fix it, I wouldn't be putting them on a blacklist.

I've said it a few times, I'm waiting for the patch that fixes everything. While people are enjoying the game, the vast majority of the reviews (both positove and negative) claim the game is riddled with either minor or game breaking bugs. I'm not the type who can enjoy bugs, Bethesda games broke my patience for such things and since Obsidian has a past which is even worse than Bethseda, I'm holding off.

Diffenet players are experiencing different types of bugs. Someone may have crashes and others may have something smaller like an enemy bug in a dungeon but all these bugs are the game. If you can look past the bugs, you may enjoy it. It's really about how much you can tolerate.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

I would say it’s solid, but wait if you don’t mind. Bug wise, the only issue I saw were save imports which are supposed to be patched tomorrow.

I hear PotD has issues now, and apparently content scaling doesn’t work. I find Veteran alright, but it could have been a bit tougher. Difficulty is more consistent right now I would say.

It doesn’t seem to raise difficulty so far, which is an issue as a PoE1 player should have maybe a bit too easy of a time.

No bugs for me. This kind of thing is always luck of the draw.

If you go crazy when you get a bug or rebalancing patch halfway through, then.. yeah, you should give any game a year.

• Like 7

The only bugs I've found are very, very minor audio or graphical glitches. Like, I notice them, but they impact absolutely nothing. 

Actually, that's not entirely true. There are some save import bugs. So if you just want to play the game once and have your "canon" playthrough, wait until all of those are sorted out. If you wanna play the game a bunch of times and don't mind you can't get your "true" experience from the very start, play it now. 

Though it is too easy. But that's to be expected from an open-world game. 

• Like 1

I had one crash on my initial play through, which I completed yesterday.   I have no idea, expect it was just a memory leak because it was after many hours of playing in one session.

The only gotcha I've found yet, is it seems over too quick for the full price.  Yes, I yearn for a large DLC, and maybe on the play through I start today, I'll try to do all the bounty quests and exploration before worrying much about main plot.

I'd like to ask you if this game is:

1 perfectly playable without serious bugs.

2 well balanced. I remember PoE1 too easy when I played it.

Thanks in advance and congrats to obsidian for their success.

1) if you mean hardware-interface and software bugs, no, its largely fine, nothing serious. If you mean combat mechanics, quests, save imports and dialogs, there is a lot of weirdness and things not resolving the way they should.

2). Difficulty is not even in the cards. I'm currently in an area that is least four levels above me, and I'm face-rolling the entire complex, with stock npcs acting under their default AI (except the withdraw spell). And a general lack of gear, barring a few average pieces here and there.

Well, I started with a lack of gear, now its much better. I've upgraded weapons on several characters from the trash mobs in this place.

Edited by Voss
  • Like 1

I am telling everyone I know to wait a minimum of 3 months.

There are SO many problems in game right now. I'm not even talking about crashing. I've crashed twice in 70 hours of play. But there are SO many bugs that make we want to never buy from this company again.

Perhaps if I had waited a few months for them to fix it, I wouldn't be putting them on a blacklist.

Sorry this has been your experience, it certainly hasn't been mine. 

I've experienced almost no bugs at all. A few minor bugs in side-quests or the occasional dialogue jump maybe but nothing that I'd consider even remotely close to game breaking and the game has only crashed on me once. 

• Like 2

I've encountered only a couple of "serious" bugs but nothing game-breaking so far. I do know that Mac users are experiencing a few of these though. I might suggest to wait till Tuesday where, as I understand it, there's an initial patch coming out with fixes to the most critical bugs found so far.

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden

Everyone who says they haven't experienced a bug must have used Perception as a dump stat.

There are bugs literally everywhere in the game, just most are minor.

From quest trigger bugs that abound, to bugs with how weapons work with certain enchantments, to the math not working on passive's, bugs are literally everywhere.

If you choose to ignore them, or can't be bothered to notice them, then good for you. But they are there.

• Like 1

Thanks for your fast answers. I only play once these games and I'll play with savedgame from PoE1, so, what problems are with importing saved games now?

Imports don't work correctly. It doesn't import the correct choices that you made in the first game.

Of course, you can create a new world state in the second game main menu, but that doesn't have many of the choices that the first game let you pick.

The entire world state system is bugged to absurdity right now.

Everyone who says they haven't experienced a bug must have used Perception as a dump stat.

There are bugs literally everywhere in the game, just most are minor.

From quest trigger bugs that abound, to bugs with how weapons work with certain enchantments, to the math not working on passive's, bugs are literally everywhere.

If you choose to ignore them, or can't be bothered to notice them, then good for you. But they are there.

the only bug that bother me , are bugs that stop you from going further in the game . Bugs that crash your game . Bugs that make your companions or an npc that provide a story gone (like in Kotor 2 , where an npc that advance the main story is completely GONE! and you can't advance the main story anymore and is stuck in a cantina forever) . 

Minors bugs that are related to enchantement , weapons , spell...your cape acting up while you walk (which it does lol) , I don't even notice them . 

• Like 1
I'll bet ye've got all sorts o' barmy questions! (She mimics your heroic stance) Greetin's, I have some questions... can ye tell me about this place? Who's the Lady o' Pain? I'm lookin' fer the magic Girdle of Swank Iron, have ye seen it? Do ye know where a portal ta the 2,817th Plane o' the Abyss might be? Do ye know where the Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum is?

Elderly Hive Dweller

Thanks for your fast answers. I only play once these games and I'll play with savedgame from PoE1, so, what problems are with importing saved games now?

If you plan on playing the game only *once*, I would advise to maybe wait till the DLCs are released. Personally though, I intend to play the vanilla game this once now and then wait for the three DLCs for my next playthrough.

• Like 1

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden

The bugs aren’t the problem it’s the game difficulty.

Currently it is almost impossible to die on the hardest difficulty POTD.

You can beat the game without even trying.

If you enjoy that then yeah go ahead and play it,

They are apparently fixing the difficulty problems but I don’t no when

I thought to start PoE 2 tomorrow but, knowing that game is unbalanced and save import doesn't work properly, I'll wait 2 months.

Now I'm skeptical that savegame import will work properly in the future.

Many thanks guys for your interesting answers :)

Game is extremely solid. MUCH better than PoE1. More enjoyable, better companions, better story, better environments and better gameplay. Very strong GOTY contender.

Yup! I love the game overall. 50h in now, and only a few minor bugs. Not a crash so far. I was even lucky with my PoE history editor - everything has matched my PoE1 settings.

Well, say that you wait a month or perhaps two - then the annoying bugs here and there some of us see now will have been swatted.

• Like 3

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

I feel it's ALREADY a very solid game, but with some bugs and imbalances here and there.

Still i think that Obsidian has a history of good patching and long term care for her titles (at least PoE1 was very good on this regard) so i'm really excited for the next changes, as well with the upcoming DLCs <3

• Like 1