It tells me that the first step is to sail to Tikawara which I did.  I talked to every NPC in town, I cleared the island map and killed everything I encountered.  I saved the caged creatures before killing the broodmother.  Nothing I did will trigger this quest to update and I don't know what to do at this point to complete it.

Edited by angryusaman

Terms of Trade was the Vailian quest right? Well you are told at island to proceed to the island east from the tikawara to search for the expedition. So unless quest bugged out for you somehow, thats what you are supposed to do(I think raunga of the tikawara gives you key to get into the ruin)

the little you said about the quest..I really can't place it . 

But I found this , take a look : https://pillarsofeternity2.wiki.fextralife.com/Terms+of+Trade

I'll bet ye've got all sorts o' barmy questions! (She mimics your heroic stance) Greetin's, I have some questions... can ye tell me about this place? Who's the Lady o' Pain? I'm lookin' fer the magic Girdle of Swank Iron, have ye seen it? Do ye know where a portal ta the 2,817th Plane o' the Abyss might be? Do ye know where the Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum is?

Elderly Hive Dweller