[Portuguese] Translation Thread

DannSann

Question

I'm playing the game in Brazilian portuguese and noticed some error in the translation:

*Atributes description are wrong, Might and Resolve are with old descriptions like if Might/Strenght only affect weapon Dmg and Resolve affect Spell Damage/healing, like in the beta for some time, I tried the game in english and the descriptions were right.

*Perception and Insight are translated in the same way, confusing me a lot during dialogues and interactions (Both are translated as "Percepção").

This issues with the localization can deeply affect gameplay in a terrible way.

post-180505-0-75680400-1525822187_thumb.jpg

post-180505-0-71010800-1525822196_thumb.jpg

Edited by DannSann
  • Like 3

23 answers to this question

Heya DannSann,

Thanks for the info! We will get this bugged and entered for our localization teams to assess.

Thanks,

-Caleb

An odd fact in the Brazilian localization is that of a certain inconsistensy with terms in the overall lore, the same place, culture, character and such, happen to have multiple translations (For Example: Wood Elves are referred, in the same text, by three different names - Elfo da Floresta, Elfo do Bosque and Elfo da Madeira). This create confusion in the understanding of the game overall plot and lore. Another key fact is that the game mechanics are, unfortunately, a real mess. Classes, Spells, talents, abilities, weapons and armor, all are translataded directly, in a crude way, with little to nothing localization, affecting the context and cohesion, in fact, I had to switch to english to really undertand what was going on with my character again and again. The effects and descriptions are sometimes out of order, some terms make no sense (For example: Recovery is translated to Restauração, what should be Recuperação is translated to Restoration).

In the other hand, the dialogues and the lore description in itens are fine, easy to understand and well localized, well, I have to get used to the name adaptations of some places and characters (Since I played PoE 1 in english!), but it is overall great. I know this is a HUGE game, with tons of words and things, I uderstand that is no easy task translating it, more  even so with that many languages, but I really aprecciate the effort and the fact that Deadfire also came in my native language, making an already great experience even richier. Thank you!

During my gameplay, I have indentified more issues with the brazlian portuguese localization, other than the ones I pointed above, wich are:

*Legacy Creator: Translated but not localized. Kana is referred as female, it ask if we defeated Raedric in his "elevated" (?)  form and if during never far from the queen, we used "disappointment" instead of Deception to deal with the Leaden Key (?).

*Character Creation: Inconcistensy with classes, sub-classes and multi-class names in descriptions and texts. The same class is referred in several different ways during the creation like the Chanter and Barbarian.

I could make an suggestion thread, to give some insights about some odd/wrong terms used in the game. I played the game for a long time, i'm familiar with the lore and characters and role playing games in general. Anyway, thanks again for the time!

• Like 2

Portuguese translation BUG
The Portuguese translation is wrong, it looks like it is an old version of the beta of when resolve affects damage of spells and heals, descriptions of skills are also wrong, please fix.   

The combat log is also completely buggued, instead of the information appear holes.  

The com https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/923679640364118702/E6F95A03D14050D551C487775EA76BEBDDB3C999/bat log is also completely bugged, instead of the information only holes appear

• Like 1

In portuguese 20% of all words are wrong, seems that was made into google translator

I appreciate the effort for the translation, in general we can understand almost all of the story, but still bothering all those language errors

• Like 1

I'd like to add more insight on portuguese translation, please, do not translate names of characters, places, skills.

Another thing is that in portuguese many words have 'gender', it aplies to nouns, verbs, adjectives, etc. 

So if your localization team has no experts on romance languages, it'll be a bit harsh for them to translate correctly.

Maybe if there's a way for the brazilian community contribute to translation we could lend you a little assistence :)

• Like 3

Yes, if you paid a lot for this transation unfortunally you guys were scammed. This translation is almost unplayable. 

If it was made by a person that knows portuguese only as a second language, then, it's a good try. But if it was made by a brazilian company, it's a scam.

When I'm leveling up I always change to english to be able to understand the skills, same for item stats. The portuguese version simple don't make sense. 

As mentioned above, it feels like it was translated with google translate.

I noticed that some parts they even removed information, as the character was speaking a lot more info than it was written in the text box.

Also, please fix this one:

GyRg2zJ.jpg

It's right in the start and it's an embarrassing typo. The correct would be "irão"

• Like 2

Character's sheet and stats need a complete review, there are many confusing words and mistranslations. I'm glad that you brought the game to our language and I'm aware how hard it is, so if there's a way the Brazilian community help you guys with that it would be good.

Edited by edwgabriel
  • Like 1

The Portuguese translation is wrong, it looks like it is an old version of the beta of when resolve affects damage of spells and heals, descriptions of skills are also wrong, please fix.   

The combat log is also completely buggued, instead of the information appear holes.  

The com https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/923679640364118702/E6F95A03D14050D551C487775EA76BEBDDB3C999/bat log is also completely bugged, instead of the information only holes appear

To fix the combat log.

open the file "gui.stringtable" in PillarsOfEternityII_Data\exported\localized\pt\text\game\ folder.

dont not sure exact location on your pc, it depends on the installation. Use a text editor like notepad++.

Search for:

<Entry>

<ID>52</ID>

<DefaultText>{0} {1} {2} causando {3} {4} de dano{5}.</DefaultText>

<FemaleText />

</Entry>

and change it to

<Entry>

<ID>52</ID>

<DefaultText>{0} {1} {2} causando {3} {4} de dano.</DefaultText>

<FemaleText />

</Entry>

Edited by Aurelio
  • Like 2

To fix the combat log.

open the file "gui.stringtable" in PillarsOfEternityII_Data\exported\localized\pt\text\game\ folder.

dont not sure exact location on your pc, it depends on the installation. Use a text editor like notepad++.

Search for:

<Entry>

<ID>52</ID>

<FemaleText />

</Entry>

and change it to

<Entry>

<ID>52</ID>

<FemaleText />

</Entry>

Thanks for the assist, ill try tonight and feedback here

Guys, I am really familiar with the genre and the game. If you need help with the PT -br translation, I can help.

Vamos fazer uma vaquinha e te pagar irmão namoral, essa tradução ta zueira demais, tem vezes que parece ótima, outras um desastre kkkkk

• Like 1

Guys, I am really familiar with the genre and the game. If you need help with the PT -br translation, I can help.

Vamos fazer uma vaquinha e te pagar irmão namoral, essa tradução ta zueira demais, tem vezes que parece ótima, outras um desastre kkkkk

Pessoal podia contribuir na tradução pelo github igual os alemães fizeram...

Além do problemas já relatados pelo pessoal, to sentindo a tradução um pouco confusa na parte da interface nas descrições dos itens e habilidades.

Edit: Dois erro que encontrei, simples, é a falta de espaço depois da vírgula.

A conjugação de tempo nas habilidades está errada: O certo é "durante" e não "para".

A tradução da lore tá bacana, só alguns errinhos mas de digitação.

Esperar os futuros patchs para ver se os devs corrigem a tradução. Pois sempre tem texto novo ou alguma alteração.

89OUsjD.jpg

InsIyP0.jpg

Edited by paulbean
  • Like 1

Guys,

This is a forum in english, your comments in portuguese will be totally ignored

Maybe, but perhaps the translators can have a look at the comments. They should be able to read your comments.

Or you try to fix the issues by yourself and create a language mod. If you need advice, feel free to ask.

Guys,

Maybe, but perhaps the translators can have a look at the comments. They should be able to read your comments.

Or you try to fix the issues by yourself and create a language mod. If you need advice, feel free to ask.

I think that is important that we write in english, it'll help them to understand us, at least more than forcing them to read in portuguese, theremore it seems an egoist atitude

I have no knowledge in development, so I won't be able to help anytime soon

paulbean suggested that we use reddit as the german has used, and I think that would be a great

To fix the combat log.

Search for:

<Entry>

<ID>52</ID>

<FemaleText />

</Entry>

and change it to

<Entry>

<ID>52</ID>

<FemaleText />

</Entry>

WORKED!!!! NICE

Guys,

I think that is important that we write in english, it'll help them to understand us, at least more than forcing them to read in portuguese, theremore it seems an egoist atitude

I have no knowledge in development, so I won't be able to help anytime soon

paulbean suggested that we use reddit as the german has used, and I think that would be a great

I think we should do that.

Obsidian guys, can we do this? How should we proceed?

- "Off hand" as "Desligado". Correct is "Secundário".
- Several typos that should be fixed.
- The conjugation of time "per" has not been translated.
- The conjugation "para" is incorrect as I said above.
- No spaces between the commas.

Erro_virgula.jpg

Sry my band english...

Edited by paulbean
  • Like 1

My suggestions for change are (en/pt = suggestion):

- Insight/Percepção = Intuição or Compreensão or Extrospecção

- Raw/Puro = Bruto

- Deadfire/Fogo Morto = Chama Extinta

- Knight/Lutador = Guerreiro

- Cipher/Dobra-almas = Psiônico
- Noonfrost = Geada do Meio-dia

- The Dyrwood/O Bosque Dyr = O Bosque de Dyr

- Grande Casa de Reymont/Reymont Manor = Mansão Reymont

Edited by paulbean

My suggestions for change are (en/pt = suggestion):

- Insight/Percepção = Intuição or Compreensão or Extrospecção

- Raw/Puro = Bruto

- Deadfire/Fogo Morto = Chama Extinta

- Knight/Lutador = Guerreiro

- Cipher/Dobra-almas = Psiônico

- Noonfrost = Geada do Meio-dia

- The Dyrwood/O Bosque Dyr = O Bosque de Dyr

- Grande Casa de Reymont/Reymont Manor = Mansão Reymont

Hey! Great suggestions!!! 

But, I'd translante "Insight" to "Perspicácia", and keep "Raw" as "Puro", and would never translate names of places and characters.

• Like 1

More translation errors and suggestions:

-General: Most of the words needs a space after commas. Mostly in Item and Spells descriptions.

- Insight Skill: Still translated in the exactly same way as Perception. It should be "Perspicácia" , as it make sense to the use of the skill. Need to be fixed ASAP, as it causes confusion in the game.

-Damage Types: Most of the damage descriptions in game are somewhat wrong, mismatching the sentence. 

-Deflection: Should be "Deflexão" as "Desvio" makes absolutely no sense, given the context.

-Character Sheet, Class Description: There is a mismatch in the character class description:  "Nível 6 Mago" for example is wrong. It should be "Mago de Nível 6. " 6th Level Wizard  should be " Mago de 6º Nível" instead of  "6º Nível Mago".

-Mechanics Skill effect Description: The description is fully mismatched and with errors. Instead of " Dificuldade de Desarme 1 armadilhas, Escolher dificuldade 1 fechaduras, +3 precisão da armadilha" it should be "Desarme de Armadilhas de Dificuldade 1, Arrombar Fechaduras de Dificuldade 1, +3 Precisão em Armadilhas.

- Reputation: The description when losing or gaining reputation values are mismatched. Ao invés de "Menor Positivo Reputação ganha com a Garganta" for example, should it be " Ganho menor de Reputação positiva com a Garganta"

-Skip the Intro Option: Should be " Inicie e pule a introdução" instead of  "Comece e contorne a introdução".

-Item  and spell Descriptions: There a are a lot of mismatches and wrong translations, in almost every item, such...

*Sound: Use and Impact should be translated to " No Uso" and "No impacto" , to indicate an effect of an action.

*AoE: Ally AoE, Enemy AoE are mismatched in their translation. " Área de Efeito Aliada, Área de Efeito contra Inimigos ou AdE Aliada e AdE contra inimigos.

* Hazard: "Zona de Risco" instead of Perigo (It makes no sense at all).

*Imprecise Description: "-5 precisão com ataques de longo alcance do Arcabuz" instead of "-5 precisão de longo alcance com Arcabuz Ataques", again, mismatch.

• Like 1