Hi OP ! Where do you get the Great Sword, i've only found only 1 unique Great Sword the entire game ,played for 40 hours and clear all map, got something like 20 unique sabers but 2 hander are very limited.

Ok there is a corrosive themed greatword at the bottom right of the map through a high level vampire dungeon behind a hidden wall. There is a wounding one that is held by one of cauncelhauts goons at the observitory east of nikataka. The one im using comes from you completeing two achievements from the first game. You need to have made the blade of endless paths and aquired whispers of the yenwood from cad nuea. They get broken in the opening segment and can be reforged into a greatsword in nikakaka.

I wish they can bring to old bg2 inquisitor back, that is one of my favorite bg2 class and one that can complete with multclasses.

But they bring the lame mage slayer back, and.....it sucks again ;)

Dunehunter, I agree fully.  In fact, I wish that all of the pally orders had a lot more flavor to them.  The pally kits in BG2 were a lot more differentiated than those in POE1/2.  You had Caveliers who were roughly, dragon slayers.  And inquisitors, who were mage slayers.  And Undead Hunters, who are rather self explanatory.

But what do we have in PoE1/2?  We have 5 different orders who are essentially the same with a couple different ability tweaks, plus they have to live up to their order's favored dispositions (which is fine, though a bit more confusing in PoE2 without the disposition assistance tags in the text replies).    Honestly, I don't really see how they can take the orders that currently exist and make them have more flavor along the lines of BG2's pally kits, without a major rework, right down to the core of what each order stands for, etc.  Right now, they're a little bland.  Not unplayable, just bland.

Then again, I think that one could say the same for most subclasses in all of the classes.  Most, if not all, of these subclasses seem to have  been designed around making each of them represent a different play style for that class.  For rogues, you have the Streetfighters which are pretty much melee rogues who are less about backstabbing or ranged combat and more about just plain direct, in your face brawling.  And you have the Assassins who are pretty much the exact opposite of Streetfighters, i.e. they don't care so much about brawling as they do about assassinating their enemies with backstabbing attacks.  Or for Rangers, you have Stalkers who are pretty much melee rangers versus Sharpshooters who are strictly ranged rangers.  And the same can be said, in different ways about most other classes' subclasses.

It seems a bit flavorless to me.  I guess that I wish that there was more background, more flavor to support each of those subclasses than merely just creating playstyle based subclasses and leaving it at that.  Just look at those BG2 paladin kits.   Those 3 kits had oodles of flavor.  And their abilities seemed to flow from their flavor rather than the other way around.

BTW, when I quickly read this thread title, I first saw "The British Knight", and my first thought was "God Save the Queen!"   LOL!  :biggrin:

And then I looked more closely and saw "Brutish Knight", and sighed.  Oh well. 

falcon helm for the extra as, devil of carroc armor for tankiness plus extras as, boots of stone, gauntlets of greater reliability, cape of greater protection, undying burden belt + eothasian charm necklace for uber tank and at level 20. For weapon, whispers of the endless path. THERE IS NO WAY THIS BUILD SHOULD HAVE THE SOLO TAG. 

Edited by giftmefood

falcon helm for the extra as, devil of carroc armor for tankiness plus extras as, boots of stone, gauntlets of greater reliability, cape of greater protection, undying burden belt + eothasian charm necklace for uber tank and at level 20. For weapon, whispers of the endless path. THERE IS NO WAY THIS BUILD SHOULD HAVE THE SOLO TAG.

Seriously dude. Your incapability is not my problem. I did it. Im not going to redo the game just for you. I live in the middle of bfe. Internet here sucks. It would take 2 freaking days to upload a vid. Especially at the resolution i play at. I can tell by the choices you made in gear that you do not understand the game mechanics. You are all worried about tankiness. You have freaking paladin stats buffing all your def by 20 points. Plus if you used the armor i suggested youd have another 20 deflection on top if that plus with addition enchant you gain immunity to flanking. Rest of your gear should focus on offense. Get the seigebreakers so you get the 50% knockdown on every critical. Maje sure you enchant whispers with offensive parry so you hit every time they miss. Also upgrade whispers to gain the ability called "run through". I got me my highest damage numbers and knocks them down. Before the final boss upgrades himself, i crit him with it and took a full health segment. Keep trying. It does actually require strategy. Use some figurines to distract the mobs. I died 3 times before i beat the final boss.

Edited by Pharaun159
  • Like 1

Hi OP ! Where do you get the Great Sword, i've only found only 1 unique Great Sword the entire game ,played for 40 hours and clear all map, got something like 20 unique sabers but 2 hander are very limited.

You can walk into the armory in Periki's Overlook and get an Exceptional Aedyrn Greatsword for 7k or so. 

It's not the best, but It should suffice for your low level stuff. 

Magran's fire casts light in Dark Places...

Finished a solo game with this build and it was super fun, thanks!

I didn't have access to the Endless Paths blade though. Wound up using the soulbound pollaxe (Lord Darryn's Voulge) the whole time. It's really good with its aoe-disoriented effect and slash/shock damage. In the late game I tried Engoliero do Espirs (because the pollaxe is only superb at max) but it didn't come close to the voulge.

I also took the improved endurance aura talent that also heals you. At the end of the game it healed for +8 every 3s without any buffs, which was enough to keep me topped most times. It makes it hard to make use of the barbarian's Blooded talent though. ;)

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Why use two handed weapons? If its for role playing reasons great but if its for game mechanics I'm confused.

• Flames of Devotion are a full attack so they greatly benefit from dual wielding.
  • Dual wielding counteracts the attack speed malus of armor allowing heavier armor to be used
  • Barbaric Blow is also a full attack which benefits from dual wielding
  • Use of Modwyr soulbound sword would clear the berserker confusion, else its level ten before you can take it as a pally.
  • dual wielding lets you get two unique weapons instead of one
  • The magran flaming axe adds to your fire powerlevel which greatly boosts your FoD

Another question is why combine Berserker with Kind Wayfarer? Berserker is the best Barbarian but it comes with the confusion, which becomes a design goal to overcome via skills or equipment. Kind Wayfarer heal allies via FoD and heal enemies as well when confused. Combining these two means you can only make use of one half of your powers at any time. This is especially damaging at low levels before you can clear confusion and when the game is the most difficult.

Would a Bleak Walker or Goldpact not work better with a Berserker? Actually role playing wise I'd have to think that a Berserker/Bleak Walker fits well with the belief that violence solves all problems and berserker raging violence works faster so its best. A stoic berserker just sounds conflicted.

• Like 1

I've considered a berserker shaman of berath as a fun conceptual character. Berath hates passionate behavior, which seems to contradict the fighting style of a berserker. But you could easily imagine it as a cool headed death trance, where the character simply has no regard for his own life (or anyone's life, kill em all and let berath sort them out) whatsoever. Sort of like super bushido. I think kind wayfarer actually fits berserker as someone fanatically convinced they're a good guy and willing to put everything on the line in combat to prove it.

Mechanically, goldpact paladin clashes with berserker somewhat since the armor boosts won't stack. Bleak Walker makes plenty of sense, though. If you're metagaming pretty hard, you avoid almost every fight except the ones where you can clear the confusion with svef until you have a permanent solution. Then berserker confusion probably isn't such a big issue. If you're just playing the game in a relaxed way and taking fights and loot as they come, kind wayfarer seems like something to avoid.

• 2 weeks later...

Absolutely for roleplay reasons... Also two handed with whispers of endless paths and a barbarian nets you basically double carnage because sword does cone effect in front of you plus carnage damage. Its brutal. Also this is an old build. I gotta take a run thru now that beast of winter is out

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Any update coming soon? :)

Honestly... Build still works the same.  Not enough has changed to mess with that.  However new expansions items open up possibilities for personalization.  Currently working on a few new builds.  Seems like there is alot of synergy with blood mage and the new barbarian subclass.  Currently testing out the new crusader multiclass combo of tactician/shield bearer.