I'm amazed how this tiny little feature, this simple little toggle, transforms the game from an RP perspective. Not having to watch my entire party bounding ceaselessly everywhere we go adds much to the game's immersion. No longer being forced to run through city streets and tavern hallways makes me feel like my character is an actual part of this world, as opposed to a heat-seeking missile whose only purpose is blasting from one objective to the next.

Little things like this tend to go overlooked, so I want to thank the devs for thinking of role-players in this little (big) way. 

• Like 22

I like walking..even though mah feets hurt  :p but I'm also glad for the speed walking..(burning all that food I ate)..and help when you have to do alot of go back and forth . 

I'll bet ye've got all sorts o' barmy questions! (She mimics your heroic stance) Greetin's, I have some questions... can ye tell me about this place? Who's the Lady o' Pain? I'm lookin' fer the magic Girdle of Swank Iron, have ye seen it? Do ye know where a portal ta the 2,817th Plane o' the Abyss might be? Do ye know where the Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum is?

Elderly Hive Dweller

Guest 4ward

great to have it included, thanks to Obsidian's Roby Atadero. I use walking nearly all the time, only toggle back to running when i'm done with an area. Walking is especially cool since the big plus of deadfire is exploring the beautiful areas.

Yep, I like using it in new areas, or whenever i'm inside bars and taverns and what have you. Or just before talking to an important NPC.

We all had to fight hard to get this implemented, and i'm bloody glad it did.

• Like 1

nowt

Definitely, I love it when games give you the option to walk. Sometimes you're just not in a hurry and your character might like to walk like a normal person instead of running everywhere! Works best in an RPG for sure.

• Like 1

Really like this as well. These kind of small things have big impact of games (for me anyway  :) )

• Like 2

It is immoral that a mattress should have so much power […] glory to the mattress which nullifies a cannon

As expected I don’t find myself using it too much. I liked it for the first 10 minutes of game but it’s just not worth the long wait to get to bartender. I tend to try to toggle it in closed spaces as it looks better than running around, but it usually goes together with fast-forward. Which actually pretty well imitates awkward movement of IE games.

• Like 1

Yeah I love it. Now I just need the ability to sit down on a chair in an inn. So I can watch the fireplace and the people walking about. 

Oh, and for my hair not to disappear when I put a hat on. Please? The one reason I only wear hoods.

• Like 6

props to those who like it. on the other hand.. i'm seeing myself running (with fast options) all the time. and the running is really awkward. much more awkward in deadfire (and even worst with a cat companion). i hope they can fix these bad animations. i purposely switched to a wolf instead of a cat seeing how bad it sprint :(

I know, right? Such a small, easy to implement feature that still brings so much enjoyment to a lot of players. While I don't use it nearly as often as some of you guys, it really is hella immersive in towns/cities and indoors.

• Like 2

Guest 4ward

Where is that toggle?

you have to bind a key to it first, go to ‚options‘, then go to ‚controls‘ and click on the field next to walk toggle and choose a key for the toggle. I took ‚V‘ as in Victory.

Narrator: ‚You have to follow Eothas, Watcher! Quick! Run, watcher, run!

Watcher: ‚Pfft….‘

I remember reading about it, but had forgotten all about it.

Mind you, the lack never bothered me the first time around. And, to be fair, I spend - like in PoE1 - most of my time Doing The Sneaking anyway...!

But as someone upthread said, nice that they made the effort to implement it for people that do care about it.

• Like 1

Yeah I love it. Now I just need the ability to sit down on a chair in an inn. So I can watch the fireplace and the people walking about. 

Oh, and for my hair not to disappear when I put a hat on. Please? The one reason I only wear hoods.

no idea why they made female hair stay and male hair disappear.

This, right here, is why I love "mature" games like this. On pretty much every other forum I've been to, people would see it as a personal challenge to tell TC how dumb walking is (and how much better their favorite game is, for that matter.) Here, though, we have a bunch of mature people who agree walking is awesome. It's a minor thing, perhaps, but it always makes me smile when I see people who are genuinely friendly on forums. :)

Wasn't aware of the walking myself until now, but I'll be sure to use it a lot more. Always found it weird that my movement options are either charge ahead like your life depends on it, or sneak around silently. Surely there's gotta be a middle thing? And how about that, there is. Very nice.

• Like 3