[Item]Saru-Sichr is bugged in at least two ways

Mattuva

Question

22 answers to this question

On Saru-Sichr Morningstar item description :

Poison Dipped enchant says "0 Corrode damage per 0.0 sec for 0.0 sec on Hit".

(Effect is applied normally)

Between the "real thing" and the "indistinguishable fake" which is worth more?

-Of course, the real thing worth more.

-They have equal value.

-The fake is of far greater value. In its deliberate attempt to be real,

its more "real" than the real thing.

~The choice is yours~

I've got another one for you too.   Vion-Ceth at Hohina-Ravine.   

I'm not sure if the Hewing Step ability is right, while above 0% health.

Several of its' enchants also say above 0% health.

And you're most welcome.  : )   Loving the game so far.

Y'all have done great. 

post-209375-0-34189800-1526001766_thumb.gif

The morning star has an enchantment that makes it do 0 corrode damage over 0 seconds, and that can even be boosted by enchanting to 0 corrode damage over 0 seconds with 0% chance to kill near death enemies...

Something doesn't seem to be right here.

post-77490-0-55121200-1526172608_thumb.jpg

I had a look in the files of the gamedata and it seems like the numbers should be: 4 damage DOT, ticking every 12s, for 60 seconds. Each hit adds a stack to the DOT. Both of the upgrades have a 10% chance per DOT tick of occurring.

Found the same issue with the Saru-Sichr, thought it might trigger on applying of poison, but no luck.  Used a poison, no change.

After checking logs, for the Character using it, I did notice there was a damage being applied, 6 per 12.0 seconds.  It does stand out, reads as:

Pallegrina grazes Cave Grubling. (Poison Dipped (Saru-Sichr) for 31.9 seconds)

Mousing over any of the green words on that line brings up the 6 Corrode Damage per 12.0 seconds for 72.0 seconds)

Not sure if the time (31.9 vs 72.0) was due to grazing, or if I had applied the poison effect earlier, and noticed it mid way through.

Tried getting a screen shot, but no luck with that.

Edited by Lokithecat

First, it's corrode damage isn't applying at all, since it's set to 0:

xB7Nx0.jpg

Then, if you upgrade to Death Sentence, which should apply a proc chance to kill Near Death enemies, everything still remains 0:

omgRhL.jpg

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

I dug deeper, and I checked my combat logs. Poison dipped is recorded, but no damage numbers appear there either, so I thought it was bugged at 0, but then pressing shift and viewing combat log tooltips, I could see that the Corrode damage was applied, after all!

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Found this weapon and the corrode damage is listed as 0.0 for 0.0 seconds.  I looked at the enchants and none of them change the damage so I'm assuming it's a bug.  It's from Arkemyr's workshop.

I just found another thread about this weapon, see quote above. I'll get the link:

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/97862-saru-sichr/

The only difference is that I have checked the combat log info plus shift, only to see that Corrode is added after all.

Edited by IndiraLightfoot

Similar to this bug, there is a bug/typo in the Item description for another Unique morningstar:

The Willbreaker:

Relentless: +0 Will on target for 0.0 sec on scoring Hit

Enchantment descriptions also incorrect: The Mind Makes Real: 0 Raw damage.

The effect however does seem to work, by examining combat log, and checking how enemy Will has decreased.

I have that listed in my thread. Similar effects like that are happening with a LOT of unique weapons. "Scepter of Wael" for example shows a "0% chance to cast a random Illusion spell on enemy on Hit" in the description, for example.

They know, and hopefully proper levels will be shown soon.

Cheers!

Aloth: "Vela, that's not a very nice word... Where did you learn that?"

Vela: "Uncle Serafen."

Aloth: "I see.. We'll just have to have a little chat then, wont we?"

yeah i think they confirmed this one and some others as a display/description bug. So the ability itself still works, just not displaying correctly in the item description.

Edited by CAlmond