Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Companions and missing out on XP while drinking in the boat

XP Experience Companions

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

Blutwurstritter

Blutwurstritter

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 111 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

I also dislike this. It does add a psychological barrier to swapping party members since you have to switch in a "weaker" character. For most parts of the game it does not matter but if you like optimizing your group it is a hindrance since you have to "lower" your over-all  power level given a level difference of the switching party members.

Immersion does also not work for me personally i mean why are sidekicks always exactly the level of my main character upon recruiting them for the first time, even if they are just standing around somewhere, but sitting in my boat and traveling with me decreases their passive experience gain ?   

• Carnifexus likes this

asnjas

asnjas

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 169 posts
Agreed. Seems like a relic mechanic that is no longer appreciated in addition to all of the above mentioned points.

Frak

Frak

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 427 posts

It's a minor issue. The companions staying behind is (i'm almost certain) never more than a level behind.

And once you bring them along they will gain relative more XP while lower leveled, if you shift-click on XP distribution for quests.

IE, they will soon catch up to your level.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: XP, Experience, Companions

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users