You can get the ghost ship, but as far as I can tell it's just a galleon that you can't upgrade. Lore-wise though, it might get you past a certain obstacle without needing upgrades.

Allegedly the Rauatai will give you a submarine if you side with them. No idea if that's good for anything except getting through storms. Seems hard to board with a submarine.

My Deadfire mods
Out With The Good: The mod for tidying up your Deadfire combat tooltip.
Waukeen's Berth: Make all your basic purchases at Queen's Berth.
Carrying Voice: Wider chanter invocations.
Nemnok's Congregation: Lets all priests express their true faith.

Deadfire skill check catalogue right here!

You can get the ghost ship, but as far as I can tell it's just a galleon that you can't upgrade. Lore-wise though, it might get you past a certain obstacle without needing upgrades.

Allegedly the Rauatai will give you a submarine if you side with them. No idea if that's good for anything except getting through storms. Seems hard to board with a submarine.

Can I get the ghost ship going the Vailian route, and can I slap a menagery and/or captain's quarters in it?

You can get ghost ship on any route because pirate questline doesn't involve attacking any factions, so you just can not bring ghost ship to dunnage after you get it. That said, you can't really customize it for most part so uh not really worth it to replace junk class ship.

You can get ghost ship on any route because pirate questline doesn't involve attacking any factions, so you just can not bring ghost ship to dunnage after you get it. That said, you can't really customize it for most part so uh not really worth it to replace junk class ship.

is that true ? after I got the ghost ship...I got the Principal saying they will take the 'Spoiler Island' and without them , a normal ship (the Junk) kept sinking . So had to use the ghost ship and they helped in the end . And the slider counted them as me siding with them . and no , I didn't have a chance to say NO .

I'll bet ye've got all sorts o' barmy questions! (She mimics your heroic stance) Greetin's, I have some questions... can ye tell me about this place? Who's the Lady o' Pain? I'm lookin' fer the magic Girdle of Swank Iron, have ye seen it? Do ye know where a portal ta the 2,817th Plane o' the Abyss might be? Do ye know where the Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum is?

Elderly Hive Dweller

is that true ? after I got the ghost ship...I got the Principal saying they will take the 'Spoiler Island' and without them , a normal ship (the Junk) kept sinking . So had to use the ghost ship and they helped in the end . And the slider counted them as me siding with them . and no , I didn't have a chance to say NO .

When did you give them a chance to say it?

I challenged Ondra's Mortar a few times with my pimped up ship and elite crew, and indeed it kept sinking. But when it was actually time, plot-wise, to go to spoiler island, my junk made it through.

My Deadfire mods

When did you give them a chance to say it?

I challenged Ondra's Mortar a few times with my pimped up ship and elite crew, and indeed it kept sinking. But when it was actually time, plot-wise, to go to spoiler island, my junk made it through.

I didn't . Honestly , I really wanted to [spoilerfinish the ghost ship quest only since I swore an oath to bring the sword back . But they just suck you in once you head out for the ghost ship . Once you return , it's 'we are gonna help you ! give the signal and we shall be there !' . When I tried to go on my own without the ghost ship , using the Junk , the ship kept sinking and game over .  [/spoiler]

I'll bet ye've got all sorts o' barmy questions! (She mimics your heroic stance) Greetin's, I have some questions... can ye tell me about this place? Who's the Lady o' Pain? I'm lookin' fer the magic Girdle of Swank Iron, have ye seen it? Do ye know where a portal ta the 2,817th Plane o' the Abyss might be? Do ye know where the Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum is?

Elderly Hive Dweller

Hm, isn't the sword in your possession though? I mean, isn't it what you use to "summon" Lucia even? The oath is to bring it back to the tomb, AFAIK.

Gotta upgrade the junk. IDK what the exact requirements are, but I think you take at least 20 sail damage, so your sails gotta be able to handle that. The best hull (blackwood) won't be breached by the adra. I'm not sure what happens to other hulls even, but that one takes no damage. And I think you need a competent crew too. Can't just take a basic junk full of landlubbers and hope to win.

My Deadfire mods

Hm, isn't the sword in your possession though? I mean, isn't it what you use to "summon" Lucia even? The oath is to bring it back to the tomb, AFAIK.

Gotta upgrade the junk. IDK what the exact requirements are, but I think you take at least 20 sail damage, so your sails gotta be able to handle that. The best hull (blackwood) won't be breached by the adra. I'm not sure what happens to other hulls even, but that one takes no damage. And I think you need a competent crew too. Can't just take a basic junk full of landlubbers and hope to win.

didn't take basic Junk . I did buy the best that merchant had . I had wing-something sails . And white wood like . And my crew was good , I did do ALOT so they leveled up . 

Oh yeah , I did use the sword and then returned it . But seem like if you wanna finish the ghost quest you get stuck with Principal . The only other route is the other pirate lady . Maybe you can kill both of them at that point when she is caught . But...I didn't try . 

I only took the Junk and got sunk by Ondra over and over . Then used the Ghost ship and well....as I said...Principal show up and slider comment how I sided with them . 

Elderly Hive Dweller

Shrug. You can try my save to find out what my ship has that yours doesn't, because this one makes it through: https://ufile.io/1owq9

For science!

• Like 1

My Deadfire mods

Shrug. You can try my save to find out what my ship has that yours doesn't, because this one makes it through: https://ufile.io/1owq9

For science!

for science huh , highly suspicious!  :aiee:

a screenshot of your boat gear would have sufficed though . 

Elderly Hive Dweller

It's not the gear, it's how you use it. ;)

https://imgur.com/a/7QyvKQg

My Deadfire mods

Thanx! 

So if I follow up on that screenshot...I should be able to pass the defence without getting shot ? 

Elderly Hive Dweller

I re-tested it before I uploaded the save, and it seems the total requirements are:
- Sails will take 30 damage, but this is a poor representation of what happens, you probably need the best ones (Dragonwing) to make it. Basic linen sails will get ripped apart and you will sink, even if they have more than 30 health when you start.
- Don't get your hull breached by the adra; Blackwood hull handles it.
- Have expert or higher helmsman
- Have expert or higher deckhand(s?)
- Be on the godsdamned quest to go to spoiler island or Ondra will sink you anyway, and don't copy paste my posts because I'm extremely evil. By posting this you consent to going to the moon with me.

But that's just the information that was communicated to me.

Edited by omgFIREBALLS
  • Like 1

My Deadfire mods

I re-tested it before I uploaded the save, and it seems the total requirements are:

- Survive 30 damage to sails

- Don't get your hull breached by the adra; blackwood hull handles it

- Have expert or higher helmsman

- Have expert or higher deckhand

- Be on the godsdamned quest to go to spoiler island or Ondra will sink you anyway

But that's just the information that was communicated to me.

no thats good ! Thank you very much ! 

• Like 1

Elderly Hive Dweller

Okay, I tested just removing the super good sails since even the basic (linen) sails have 40 health on a junk. That didn't work. You actually get different text with the best sails too. So I'm going to assume you need them. Or at least not basic trash ones.

• Like 1

My Deadfire mods

Okay, I tested just removing the super good sails since even the basic (linen) sails have 40 health on a junk. That didn't work. You actually get different text with the best sails too. So I'm going to assume you need them. Or at least not basic trash ones.

will do..

Gonna side with the native this time around..and they don't give boats lol 

will try it . Hopefully it work ! 

Elderly Hive Dweller

No zombie sailor.

Lame.

Zombie sailor is multiclassed. We don't like multiclassed crew. We want them to have only one skill so we can raise it to master.

• Like 1

My Deadfire mods

Shame getting to master doesn't really matter until they expand more on Sea traveling in future DLC (if they do)

We need Crew Creator. My SS Furfest needs to be all monster and orlan :V.

Edited by Zeitzbach

• 3 weeks later...

I wonder if there is a way to unsee how submarine performs sea battle. I was expecting it would be...somehow different from ordinary sailing ships. The submerge-and-leave superpower is just what you need at this moment of the game.

I wonder if there is a way to unsee how submarine performs sea battle. I was expecting it would be...somehow different from ordinary sailing ships. The submerge-and-leave superpower is just what you need at this moment of the game.

What submarine combat should be:

- Hide

- Look for raking broadside opportunities

- Emerge

- Broadside

- Submerge before they can retaliate

- Repeat

What submarine combat actually is:

- Slow

- Little firepower

- Submerge before they can retaliate? I believe you mean flee like a coward. Who EVER had the idea that telling your crew to dive in the midst of naval combat would mean trying to avoid a broadside? Clearly not a majority of Obsidian devs. If you dive it's obviously because you're spineless. Take the broadside like a MAN.

• Like 2

My Deadfire mods