Let's Make A List of The Best Armor and Weapon Combos

Obvious thing is the weapon sets that have the most unique/rares. I've run through several rares of most types before finding a half decent spear.

Edited by Zagadka

I don't believe this is the right forum for this topic and it should be moved to the spoiler forums, but anyways here is my answer regarding weapon combos

My main consideration is Mins Fortune / Aldris Blade of the Captain Crow and together are probably the strongest weapon combination I found in the game, excelling on a devoted multiclass.  Both increase your ability to crit, while providing large bonuses for critting and are sabers, thus have high damage and a great modal for more pen if needed.  Sadly though Mins is obtainable early I believe the Aldris blade is acquired quite late if I remember correctly.

I think Duskfall / Modyr may also be better overall thanks to how early you can acquire both of these

Pros:  

-Both can be obtained extremely early

-Variable weapon damage type

-Increase Pen by 1 when attacking same target as an ally

-Both provide large increases in action speed (you start with 15% and can have up to 45% atk spd at the end of a fight) allowing one to not focus on Dex

-Drawing parrying is pretty amazing as you can start each fight with +20 deflect for 20+ seconds, this is of course even better early on

-Duskfall allows for extra crit damage via crit builds or less misses for non-crit builds, which are both pretty solid with the 50% miss to graze being better early on

-Modyr provides immunity to intellect afflictions, allowing any multi-class negate the confusion from being a berserker

• Like 2

Subbing.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Obvious one is that helmet that prevents interrupts while injured in conjunction with grimoire of vaporous wizardry.

Another great one is the mask from the vithrack in delver's row that gives +2 illusion PL with the wael scepter from the south part of the map that you can enchant to give +3 PL. +5 illusion PL is a HUUUGE duration increase when you cast ryngrim's enervating terror, considering terrified is easily one of the best afflictions in the game, which you apply in a gigantic foe aoe. 

magran's favor battleaxe with the ring that gives +10 accuracy to fire keyword attacks is great, too. Optionally, you can add the pistol from uto's that gives you +melee attack speed after you fire it. For boss fights, you cast minor avatar, fire the pistol for the melee action speed bonus, and whale on the enemy with the battleaxe with bleeding cuts for a bit, then you cast cleansing flame. The accuracy bonus from the ring almost ensures you hit it, and then the boss just melts. Probably want to throw in a shining beacon/devotions for the faithful before then, too. 

Best mage weapon is the quarter staff from Nemnok as it gives +1 (upgraded to +2) power level to ALL elemental spells. Anything but Minelotta missile will deal more damage and has more pen. Being legendary in quality, you also gets the huge acc boost to spells.

And I like the armor from Bennett. It has -15% armor recovery properties reducing the recover to only 5% on that leather armor instead of 20%.

Edited by Zeitzbach

breastplate of caroc (or benny's armour) + falcon's helm+any pet that reduces armour recover

getting those 3 will reduce ur 2h reovery to around 2.3 seconds (depends on ur dex) and they are available super early if u got the cash. couple that with a couple class skill boost and u can swing ur 2hander super fast.

wahai poraga + glove the gives knockdown on crit.

aoe pollaxe that hits twice. 2x barbarian blow to everyone around u. anyone that isnt dead will be on their asses.

Edited by dudex
  • Like 1

breastplate of caroc + falcon's helm+any pet that reduces armour recover

getting those 3 will reduce ur 2h reovery to around 2.3 seconds (depends on ur dex) and they are available super early if u got the cash. couple that with a couple class skill boost and u can swing ur 2hander super fast.

wahai poraga + glove the gives knockdown on crit.

aoe pollaxe that hits twice. 2x barbarian blow to everyone around u. anyone that isnt dead will be on their asses.

Sounds perfect for my character. Where is the falcon helm sold? 

^The Falcons Helm is sold in crookspur by a merchant on the beach. (literally named merchant if i remember correctly)

Id say "Tarns Respite" is the best weapon in the game. Paired with any other 1H for dual wielding.

You can get it immediately after leaving Ma Jae, it requires no fighting at all.

+1flat pen

+10%dmg sabre

+20% freeze dmg

stacking debuff -1 deflect on hit

^WITHOUT ANY ENCHANTS! This is the vanilla item you get!

You get it from a tiny quest given by the "mad" pirate in neketaka (no spoilers right?!)

I don't believe this is the right forum for this topic and it should be moved to the spoiler forums, but anyways here is my answer regarding weapon combos

My main consideration is Mins Fortune / Aldris Blade of the Captain Crow and together are probably the strongest weapon combination I found in the game, excelling on a devoted multiclass.  Both increase your ability to crit, while providing large bonuses for critting and are sabers, thus have high damage and a great modal for more pen if needed.  Sadly though Mins is obtainable early I believe the Aldris blade is acquired quite late if I remember correctly.

I think Duskfall / Modyr may also be better overall thanks to how early you can acquire both of these

Pros:  

-Both provide large increases in action speed (you start with 15% and can have up to 45% atk spd at the end of a fight) allowing one to not focus on Dex

-Drawing parrying is pretty amazing as you can start each fight with +20 deflect for 20+ seconds, this is of course even better early on

-Duskfall allows for extra crit damage via crit builds or less misses for non-crit builds, which are both pretty solid with the 50% miss to graze being better early on

-Modyr provides immunity to intellect afflictions, allowing any multi-class negate the confusion from being a berserker

Where exactly do you get the Aldris Blade?

You could also use Beza's Toothed Blade, which gives an armor penalty on a critical hit.

You could also combine this combo with the Gatecrasher gloves which give knockdown on critical hit.

Edited by Dr. Hieronymous Alloy

Pros:  

Where exactly do you get the Aldris Blade?

You could also use Beza's Toothed Blade, which gives an armor penalty on a critical hit.

You could also combine this combo with the Gatecrasher gloves which give knockdown on critical hit.

Dragon lair in Ashen Maw. It's in a really tiny container near treasure hoard.