Has anyone managed to get the Threshing Aura (party damage boost) upgrade for Xoti's lantern? I have all the ingredients for it, but it is greyed out. So I'd assume that means that the other upgrade - Light of the Dawnstar - is a prerequisite for it. But when I get Light of the Dawnstar, the Threshing Aura upgrade disappears, indicating they were exclusive upgrades. So I see no way to get the Threshing Aura upgrade. Anybody figured this out?

Has anyone managed to get the Threshing Aura (party damage boost) upgrade for Xoti's lantern? I have all the ingredients for it, but it is greyed out. So I'd assume that means that the other upgrade - Light of the Dawnstar - is a prerequisite for it. But when I get Light of the Dawnstar, the Threshing Aura upgrade disappears, indicating they were exclusive upgrades. So I see no way to get the Threshing Aura upgrade. Anybody figured this out?

A lot of enchants are mutually exclusive. Usually ones that affect the same trait or give you variations on the same trait. No real way to tell in game other than to save, enchant, then reload, though you can often guess by the rule-of-thumb above and/or by looking at the name.

Light of the Dawnstar also has the unfortunate effect of blocking even friendly spells, so I'm not sure how great it is. Can definitely be used for weapon swap shenanigans though. Not sure if it's WAI but got no response on my Tech Support post.

Edited by hippofant

But the problem is that I can't get Threshing Aura even when I've met all the stated requirements. The only other time I've seen that is when one of the other enchantments is a prerequisite (so you have to get it first). But the only other enchantment, as I said, seems to be incompatible, not a prerequisite.

During her Quest where you decide to hand over the Souls to Animancers or taking them to the Glowing Adra if you choose the Glowing Adra it'll give you that Enchant.

If you choose the other it'll give you the other enchant.

• Like 1

Afaik the adra mantle ingredient comes from the Adra Pillar after you finish her quest however you deal with the souls in the lantern, but if you pushed her towards the darkness you can craft the threshing aura upgrade (which is insanely good, I have it, base 1% damage + 1% for every point in religion you have, it's gonna be +20% damage to the rest of the party at high level) while if you push her toward the light you get the spell defense upgrade. Both upgrades use the same quest material, but even if you have all the materials one is going to be unavailable, depending on how you've talked to her.

Edited by Clerith
  • Like 1

Blech. And Light of the Dawnstar blocks buff spells too, so anti-synergy with Priest Xoti and all her boosted Inspiration/Restoration spells ;(

Surely that's a bug... why give the main priest companion a unique weapon that literally cripples a core part of the priest class.

• Like 1

Thats great... If the spell damage resitance aura blocks friendly buffs as well then that might explain why i had some problem with inspirations not being sometimes applied for no reason. Is that the case? The buffs have 25% chance or whatever it is now for me to not be applied at all? 

Is it possible to add an item via console? I would use this to get myself a new latern which isnt upgraded rather than this ****.

Thanks

Blech. And Light of the Dawnstar blocks buff spells too, so anti-synergy with Priest Xoti and all her boosted Inspiration/Restoration spells ;(

Surely that's a bug... why give the main priest companion a unique weapon that literally cripples a core part of the priest class.

Frag dammit.

Well, better not do that upgrade then (unless it's fixed.) And there was me thinking that was something I'd want to keep 'til endgame.

Guss that means all the shiny gold itesm I have found thus far (only just finished the first island) are not as shiny as I'd thought, if their upgrades are mutually exclusive.

Thats great... If the spell damage resitance aura blocks friendly buffs as well then that might explain why i had some problem with inspirations not being sometimes applied for no reason. Is that the case? The buffs have 25% chance or whatever it is now for me to not be applied at all? 

Is it possible to add an item via console? I would use this to get myself a new latern which isnt upgraded rather than this ****.

Thanks

GiveItem Shield_U_Xotis_Lantern, I think? Or maybe Shield_Small_U_Xotis_Lantern. Pressing Tab judiciously or using FindGameData Xoti in the console will get you the exact code if I'm wrong.

When your characters cast buffs, the info will appear in the combat log, depending on the buff. IIRC, when I cast Dire Blessing, the log doesn't show hits but it does immediately show resists. When I cast Nature's Bounty, I see something like "Nature's Bounty (4 hits, 1 miss)" and you can expand that to see that the miss was a resist.

Afaik the adra mantle ingredient comes from the Adra Pillar after you finish her quest however you deal with the souls in the lantern, but if you pushed her towards the darkness you can craft the threshing aura upgrade (which is insanely good, I have it, base 1% damage + 1% for every point in religion you have, it's gonna be +20% damage to the rest of the party at high level) while if you push her toward the light you get the spell defense upgrade. Both upgrades use the same quest material, but even if you have all the materials one is going to be unavailable, depending on how you've talked to her.

Can you maybe tell what have to be done to push her to the darkness for threshing aura?

Can you maybe tell what have to be done to push her to the darkness for threshing aura?

The choice is made when she releases the souls and it seems to go wrong. You can tell her to stop or to continue. She might listen to you. in my playthrough she did the opposit of what I said.

I imagine it depends on your relation level with her.

If you check your quest log, you'll see updates like "I encouraged Xoti to seek the light of Gaun's lantern - of rebirth after death" or "I encouraged Xoti to embrace the darkness of Gaun's sickle - of death before rebirth." When you talk to her about her dreams and after the spiritual cleansing thing at the temple - like the bit about relighting the lanterns of Hel and not giving up hope pushes her towards the light, while telling her to accept the fall and the harvest pushes her towards the dark. Telling her to release the souls or keep them in the lantern doesn't do anything game mechanics wise, though it majorly affects her character and ending, it's the dialogue choices way before that that matter.

Edited by Clerith

If you check your quest log, you'll see updates like "I encouraged Xoti to seek the light of Gaun's lantern - of rebirth after death" or "I encouraged Xoti to embrace the darkness of Gaun's sickle - of death before rebirth." When you talk to her about her dreams and after the spiritual cleansing thing at the temple - like the bit about relighting the lanterns of Hel and not giving up hope pushes her towards the light, while telling her to accept the fall and the harvest pushes her towards the dark. Telling her to release the souls or keep them in the lantern doesn't do anything game mechanics wise, though it majorly affects her character and ending, it's the dialogue choices way before that that matter.

I saved just before she touches the adra pillar, and I was able to reload and get the other result by telling her to keep the souls instead of releasing the souls. In both cases she did the opposit as I suggested, but I didn't change any other dialogue option before.

I encourage Xoti to follow the "dark path" :

edYuoWY.png

I tried "releasing the souls" or "keeping the souls" but both options gave me the "Light of the Dawnstar" enchant ... is it bugged ?

I encountered the same problem