Overgrowth Quest Cannot be Turned In

Yreval

Question

I finished with Cignath Mor, taking Galawain's advice to shut down all the wards and allow the sea to flood the ruin.  The quest dialog tells me to tell the news to Fleetmaster Okaya in order to finish the quest, but when I approach her she only says "Fight or flee as you like, just stay out of my way!" as an overhead quote and does not open actual dialogue or complete the quest.  To my knowledge i haven't attacked anyone in Sakuya or anything like that.

16 answers to this question

So I was able to find a fix for this. I went back to the bog with the druids (which I had already cleared), walked through it again, exited, went back to the Fleet Master and I was able to complete the quest.

• Thanks 3

On 4/2/2019 at 5:22 PM, Tipster said:

So I was able to find a fix for this. I went back to the bog with the druids (which I had already cleared), walked through it again, exited, went back to the Fleet Master and I was able to complete the quest.

This fixed it for me as well. 

Was able to get over it by starting the dungeon over again. For my side since I sided with the RDC I made sure not to touch any pylons. On your side I'd suggest not touching any pylons until after you talk with Galawain. But haven't done any repeated tests of this so could be just superstition on my part.

This thread is month and a half old, yet I'm still having described problem. 

I decided to disable machine, killed Kraken, came back to Fleetmaster Okaya but no conversation with her can be started.

-------------------[edit]--------------------

If anyone is looking for solution/workaround - starting the quest again (thankfully I had some save before landing on Sayuka) helped me too. In the run I got the bug I was checking every of three pylons before even going to the main machine. This time, as I wanted to help RDC, I didn't even touch these pylons, just went straight to the main machine and disabled it the moment I was able to. Killed Kraken and this time I was able to proceed with quest by talking with Okaya.

Edited by Aposlaw

Hi psirenny,

I've seen that you also posted a question on a thread for a similar, but not identical, issue with A Matter of Import quest = https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/98340-bug-a-matter-of-import-royal-deadfire-chain-showstopper/

Are you having trouble with finishing A Matter of Import or Overgrowth? In case of doubt, you can check in your Journal, in the Quests section.

On 5/19/2018 at 11:35 AM, Overcast said:

Was able to get over it by starting the dungeon over again. For my side since I sided with the RDC I made sure not to touch any pylons. On your side I'd suggest not touching any pylons until after you talk with Galawain. But haven't done any repeated tests of this so could be just superstition on my part.

Same thing happened to me.  As I had shut down one of the pylons before destroying the machine, the game would not advance the quest.  Had to restart the quest from a save file and make sure I didn’t mess with any of the pylons before destroying the main machine.  Hard to believe this is still bugged out and not fixed?

I think I have pinned down the cause for Fleetmaster Okaya to think there is an attack on Sayuka.
Essentially entering the Workshop is where the variable "b_HS_Animal_Attack_Underway" gets set to "1". But only if a few conditions are met, two of which are root of the issue: Hunting Season has not started, and Overgrowth is an active quest. Hunting Season starts once you leave the workshop. However if the Druid Leaders are dead at this point it will cause a sequence break, since the conditions for Hunting Season to actually start as a quest requires them to be alive.
Leaving Sayuka (either through one of the city gates or by ship) sets the variable back to "0". But as long as the conditions are met entering the Workshop will always set "b_AnimalAttackUnderway" to "1" again.

What I theories happens is that after completing Cignath Mor people here might be heading to the Workshop before speaking to the Fleetmaster Okaya, or are entering the town by travelling to the Workshop from the map. Since the conditions are in effect (Hunting Season has not startedOvergrowth is active) "b_HS_Animal_Attack_Underway" will get set to "1".

Thankfully as stated above and by Tipster it is simple to fix just by leaving Sayuka and coming back without going into the Workshop.

I'm trying to figure out the right approach for creating a more permanent mod fix for this. Which is tricky since the offending script in the Workshop is hardcoded and can't be disabled or updated to stop the variable from being set.

Edited by Kvellen