Caedman Azo is alive (when he should be dead)

TempMcGuy

Question

I imported a save from Pillars of Eternity 1, with Caedman Azo dead and animancy banned in the Dyrwood.

Now I just found him in the game alive.

Are there any other people who experienced this?

Edit: I ain't home atm, so can't attach any save file. Though it should be easy for the developers to check if the flag for an imported save is bugged in the game atm.

Edited by TempMcGuy
  • Like 1

5 answers to this question

The world state creator doesn't work anyway either. Tell it Edér is the Mayor of Dyrford and while he starts with the medallion, he acts like you never did his sidequest in Pillars 1 and has all the Aedyr related dialogue. God only knows what else is broke that isn't obvious. Though I'd guess not much, since the smaller stuff that does work is very small indeed.

I've found Caedman Azo too in PoE2 and I think I killed him in PoE1.

Is this issue fixed at this moment?

Loading a saved game, in my PoE1 journal appears the next entry: "I received the key from the north ward Azo. He was not pleased to give it."

Does that mean that I didn't kill him?

Updated: I loaded a saved game and returned to the sanitarium and I left him alive. All is correct in my case.

Edited by juanval

I've found Caedman Azo too in PoE2 and I think I killed him in PoE1.

Is this issue fixed at this moment?

Loading a saved game, in my PoE1 journal appears the next entry: "I received the key from the north ward Azo. He was not pleased to give it."

Does that mean that I didn't kill him?

Updated: I loaded a saved game and returned to the sanitarium and I left him alive. All is correct in my case.

Ok, perfect, if you do think theres still an error anywhere with PoE 1 saves, feel free to hit me with a save game. I can reference the global states that tell us what choice are made in game, making it easy for the devs to look into any mismatches and fix.

Best,

-Caleb

I like big bugs and I cannot lie...