Basically, I pretty much cleared everything I was able to in Neketaka before moving on to anything else, and the next quest chain I started was with the Pincipi.

This means I completed Eulogies of the Dead before I ever got the Symbols of Death quest, and have killed Yesyr and read all 3 tablets. I was intercepted by the ghost ship en route to neketaka, but she let me go as I was marked by Berath. However, whilst the quest log for Eulogies of the Dead indicates I read all tablets, the quest log for Symbols of Death indicates that I have read only the first 2, and the door to Yesyr's chamber is still locked. 

The high priest of berath is gone now.

I have a strong suspicion that this is a bug, but has anyone else been in this situation, and is there any way to progress the quest?

Guest FireGodLike

Did you really read the tablets out from your inventory? I have the same problem but I only read the information from the reading-glass not the things in the inventory. I'xll try that the next time I play.

Btw. How could you kill Yseyr, when the door is still closed?

For me symbols of death was immediately completed while I spoke with Furrante, since I also had completed Eulogy for the dead prior to getting that quest.

Maybe important: I spoke to Yseyr and even managed to take his part of the eulogy without a fight (- before I decided to kill him anyway).

Edited by M4xw0lf

Its just bad design in my view that u have to actively read click on the items for them to be counted as 'read'...pretty sure i havent read the 3rd tablet either actively because there is no need to complete the quest for the priest which u encounter first

Edited by Nemesis7884

Its just bad design in my view that u have to actively read click on the items for them to be counted as 'read'...pretty sure i havent read the 3rd tablet either actively because there is no need to complete the quest for the priest which u encounter first

To be fair, in the real world possessing a text does not mean having read said text (though it would save so much time).

But, in all seriousness, I also forgot to read one and thought that was a bug. Now I feel silly.

• 3 weeks later...