Yeah, it's an odd combo. Keep in mind, that although you dont get high level spells you will also have more casts at any given level than a single class. Just because you will have 2 casts per level of each class's spell selection up to level 7. That's 28 spells an encounter vs a single class's 18.

Also, Spiritshift means you can avoid some of the mage self buffs and focus on damage spells, and druids get healing too. Also, mage grimoire swap means you can somewhat manage its spell loadout.

I think these two are great single class characters because of their great high level spells, but I think you could make something fun out of a MC too. I dunno. Is it a power build? I doubt it, but it looks like you could rain down spells without running out of gas by mid-game onwards.

So, it has trade offs. For sure.

I find sorcerer is a good way to deal with the loss of spells from taking a wizard subclass. I decided to make one of the sidekicks a sorcerer and at first I was disappointed to see she had conjurer subclass which removes evocation spells. Then I realized I could use the Druid spells for damage.

• Like 2

You can run Druid:Wizard.

You could even run: Evoker+Lifegiver+Stag.

If you want to watch world burn, wizard solo is better, you dont need 28 spells when after 18 everything is dead. But you may want some healing.

You could use Nature Godlike with FleetFeet, Infuse with Vital Essence and Nature Vigor. to offset MC.

Sorcerers blooms after level 7, when you start having too many spells.

Edited by evilcat
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

You can run Druid:Wizard.

You could even run: Evoker+Lifegiver+Stag.

If you want to watch world burn, wizard solo is better, you dont need 28 spells when after 18 everything is dead. But you may want some healing.

You could use Nature Godlike with FleetFeet, Infuse with Vital Essence and Nature Vigor. to offset MC.

Sorcerers blooms after level 7, when you start having too many spells.

If you picked the right spells at the right lvls this could be amazing, especially now that you can respec. IE on potd upscaled id probably take charm and maybe even hold beasts and respec out of it later on a druid. I wonder how lifegiver shifted heals work, like if you bear shift as a nature godlike you get +6 PL on healing spells, if you cast em all then bear form drops I wonder if the Heals on you currently stay supercharged. 

The point is to only pick 1 wizard spell per level and use good grimoire like Ninagauth's, while picking best druid spells. You get some of the best healing and support spells in the game and can combine multiple items with bonus power levels and other spell buffs to get load of spells that can deal with anything.

Then again after you get Insect Plague and staff +3 to Beasts, you don't *really* need much else but 900 hardtack to press the awesome button.

The point is to only pick 1 wizard spell per level and use good grimoire like Ninagauth's, while picking best druid spells. You get some of the best healing and support spells in the game and can combine multiple items with bonus power levels and other spell buffs to get load of spells that can deal with anything.

Then again after you get Insect Plague and staff +3 to Beasts, you don't *really* need much else but 900 hardtack to press the awesome button.

Might even be worth to get an extra weapon set. Going nature godlike would be good too since you'll always have infuse going, what staff do you mean? I know there's one that gives +2 PLANT power levels but not beasts. 

Edited by QuiteGoneJin

The Staff of Thicket Green has an enchantment that raises Beast PL as well.

Nature Godlike Lifegivers do actually get +8 PL on rejuvenation spells (+2 always, +5 when shifted, +1 Wellspring oL). But once your shift expires you will be at -2 PL. It will affect the hight of healing ticks of healing-over-time spells that are still running. But as far as I know the duration (that also got boosted via PL) remains untouched.

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 2

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

I'm playing Sorcerer in my 2nd run and I'm having a blast. I don't think it's redundant because Druid spells could have some great support and DoT spells.

Druid spells, IMHO, also more versatile than Priest.

Compared with my Singleclass Wizard Aloth, I'm more versatile in many situations. I could cast more spells too since the number is doubled.

Also, I could have build equipment specifically for caster. My key equipment is Rekvu's helmet (IIRC) actually since I won't be interrupted when casting. I just need to keep an injury.

In beta3 I tried an Evoker/Fury with Scion of Flame and the other elemental PEN talents just for fun. And it was fun. :) But I tried to stick to the spells that don't take ages to cast because I wanted to be able to empty my pools in every fight.

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Once I do a playthrough with companions I will make a classic pure healer with lifegiver/priest with healing modifier gear and food :)

Aloth as a nuker wiz

Eder as off-tank with Fighter/Rogue

Maia as ranged dps

Pallegina as main tank :)

There's also Lord Darryn's Voulge, which gives +3 PL to Storm spells when bonded to a druid. It's easy to completely upgrade, and you can get it immediately after leaving Port Maje (though you have to sail through a storm to get to the island it's on, and it took me three tries to not lose any crew members).

• Like 2

Any tips for spells for an Anamist/Evoker sorc? And gear? Just slogged through Port Maje on POTD w/ only me aloth and Xoti, and I stupidly decided to try her contemplative build. Phew, that was rough. Lets hope she and I get better together, lol.

Good weapon choices IMO are The Spine of Thicket Green and Magran's Favor. The former can be gotten pretty early and gives a nice boost to any Plant and Beast spells you're using. Magran's Favor is gotten later on but it gives a good boost to your fire spells. There's also the combination of the Grimoire of Vaporous Wizardry and Rekvu's Fractured Casque; though you'll have so many casts later on you might want to opt to using Ninagauth's Grimoire instead for the ability to cast Ninagauth's Shadowflame, and so your Sorcerer isn't forced to be injured. Edited by Wolken3156

Would Fury/Wizard be worth it for the Wizard's buffs? I'd like to run a Fury MC and Sorcerer looks tempting, but the lack of passives is a bit of a turnoff.

It is ok, playable and everything. Dont dump per, and dex.

It could be better to play just WIzard, since you will get top spells sooner, and with empowerment refill your spells total are just right.

With Sorcerer you have so many spells, that you no longer use them all.

Nature Godlike with FleetFood and Infuse Vital Essence is still good.

Lack of passives sucks a bit less, since you pick some extra spells for Druid, Some extra spells for Wizard and in the end you have very little level points free.

There is other route of Lifegiver/Eoaths/Trubadour/Wayferer, the healing route.

Edited by evilcat
  • Like 1