Jump to content
  • 0

Nungata is missing?


iLubMyBroDan

Question

I'm not sure whether this is a bug or if I just can't find it.

 

Trying to complete the mission "Bounty - Flamewalker Vessali"

 

I had received the quest from Nungata in Serpent's Crown

 

I've killed Vessali, but haven't been able to find Nungata in Serpent's Crown.

 

I thought perhaps that NPC would spawn at a different time in the day, but that has not been the case.

 

If the NPC spawns at a very specific time point, then it might be helpful to include that information in the quest log.

 

Otherwise, I'm pretty sure this is a bug and that the NPC is missing.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Recommended Posts

  • 0

Hi Folks. I also had this issue and kept playing through some of the DLC while stalling the continuation of the main story, so I'm too far ahead to turn back to an old save. I was hoping to still turn in the Uamoru bounty without having to take sides in The Final Maneuver, but it looks like I might have to if I want to continue. I will see if I can provide a couple save files in a bit. Is this being worked on at all or is it shifted back in the priority order? Would appreciate an update! Thanks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

This bug still exists, years later. I'm running the most current version of the game as of this time, Definitive Edition.

After I got the "Final Maneuver" quest, Nungata disappeared so that I can't turn in my current bounty quest with her. Based off of others' reports, it doesn't matter which of her bounty quests you have; I happened to have the Uamoro bounty ready for turn in. Also doesn't look like they are going to fix this since it's existed for a couple of years.

Crossing my fingers that Nungata returns to normal after I finish the Final Maneuver quest.

Edited by KocLobster
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

I have this bug too as of now, Jun 11th 2020.

Why does Obsidian not fix this bug ?

They were recently "acquired" by Microsoft. Money and time should not be a problem anymore. Why do they not fix the bug that has existed for years ?

From my standard, they should fix bugs like this. It is their product and they are still selling the game on many platforms. So, there is no excuse for letting the game crippled like this. As long as they sell it, they are bound to be responsible for it.

Edited by ekt0
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
2 hours ago, ekt0 said:

I have this bug too as of now, Jun 11th 2020.

Why does Obsidian not fix this bug ?

They were recently "acquired" by Microsoft. Money and time should not be a problem anymore. Why do they not fix the bug that has existed for years ?

From my standard, they should fix bugs like this. It is their product and they are still selling the game on many platforms. So, there is no excuse for letting the game crippled like this. As long as they sell it, they are bound to be responsible for it.

A lot of games still retain certain bugs after years. At some point they stop fixing things. I guess this is one not enough people complained about, though imo bugs that stop people completing quests are fairly embarrassing and ought to be dealt with.

nvAeseu.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
7 hours ago, Slotharingia said:

A lot of games still retain certain bugs after years. At some point they stop fixing things. I guess this is one not enough people complained about, though imo bugs that stop people completing quests are fairly embarrassing and ought to be dealt with.

This one is only a temporary bug though.

Once you complete the Final Maneuver, Nungata is back (and Una the gem seller too).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
1 hour ago, Elric Galad said:

This one is only a temporary bug though.

Once you complete the Final Maneuver, Nungata is back (and Una the gem seller too).

Is it? It's been too long since I played, but don't think she reappeared for me, and google tells me you only get that quest if you side with the RDC. But once I'm at that stage of the game, I'm also likely no longer checking as that's endgame territory.

nvAeseu.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
1 hour ago, Slotharingia said:

Is it? It's been too long since I played, but don't think she reappeared for me, and google tells me you only get that quest if you side with the RDC. But once I'm at that stage of the game, I'm also likely no longer checking as that's endgame territory.

I didn't have problem in my last playthrough with 5.0.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
On 6/11/2020 at 5:14 AM, Elric Galad said:

I didn't have problem in my last playthrough with 5.0.

I just ran into this bug with the latest version (5.0.0.0040).  I returned to Neketaka after doing a few quests, one of which was clearing Crookspur.  I went to The Brass Citadel first, which started the Final Maneuver quest.  I don't intend to ally with the RDC, and I can't tell them no.  When I speak to Hazanui Karū, I can only agree to join them or say not right now.

I then went up to Serpent's Crown, and Nungata and Una are both missing (and I really need some pyrite).  I thought maybe it was too late and they were gone for the night.  I know Una is only at her stand during the day, but I don't remember Nungata ever not being there.  I waited until the next day, but they were still gone.

Why do they disappear with this quest active anyway (or at all)?  I'm guessing if I ally with the RDC, then the Huana turn hostile, or the RDC asks me to do something that turns them hostile and these two NPCs are hidden to prevent them from dying.  Obsidian has never made quest giving NPCs un-killable before, why do it now, and why do it just because the quest is active? I didn't even agree to ally with them, the quest is just telling me to speak with Hazanui Karū.

I doubt this game will ever get any more patches, and this bug is annoying.  I'm going to have to load an earlier save, which looks like I'll have to re-do about an hour or two to get back to where I am, and then I will just have to not turn in the Clearing Crookspur quest until I'm finished with the bounties.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

Greetings;

I have run into this as well, I just killed Bierna but upon returning to Serpents Crown Nungata was not on the bench.  I am curious if sending a save game file is still the best way to deal with this so I will try the support forum since I cannot upload the save game file here due to the size constraint.   So I will see if the support page yields any results.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...