Nungata is missing?

iLubMyBroDan

Question

I'm not sure whether this is a bug or if I just can't find it.

Trying to complete the mission "Bounty - Flamewalker Vessali"

I had received the quest from Nungata in Serpent's Crown

I've killed Vessali, but haven't been able to find Nungata in Serpent's Crown.

I thought perhaps that NPC would spawn at a different time in the day, but that has not been the case.

If the NPC spawns at a very specific time point, then it might be helpful to include that information in the quest log.

Otherwise, I'm pretty sure this is a bug and that the NPC is missing.

• Like 1

I'm also seeing this issue.

In addition, Una never appears at their shop and Netehe is not there for me to pass in The Archmage's Vault quest. Wating does not seem to spawn them at any time of day.

I'm just before the choice in The Coming Storm in the main story.

It has been awhile since I've used it, but you should be able to go into your profile in the upper left corner, pick "My Settings", then pick "Manage Attachments".  You can then upload an attachment to your profile. 

Then, on a post, click the "My Media" button and it'll show your uploaded attachments.  Double clicking should add the attachment to your post.

Save game file locations are at:

Important Files:

If the files are too large to attach separately, compile them all in a .zip and make a link to Dropbox with the .zip

Attach files that will help the dev team figure out and resolve the issue. These include:

Savegames

Try to include a save file from right before as well as during the issue you are reporting

Windows Location: %USERPROFILE%\Saved Games\Pillars of Eternity II

MACOS: ~/Library/Application Support/ Pillars of Eternity II

Linux: $XDG_Data_Home/PillarsofEternityII

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Thank you! Here is my save file, it was too large so I had to use dropbox. 

Edit: I found a save in which she has not disappeared yet. I have observed that she was not missing until my act 3 saves.

NPC Missing: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ssi9ohkhcuflzpw/missing%20npc%20save.7z?dl=0

NPC not missing: https://www.dropbox.com/s/f70lr15pkth581w/npc%20NOT%20missing.7z?dl=0

Edited by Draigo

Hey everyone!

One of our programmers was wondering if you might be able to provide any save files from before and after this occurred so they he can take a closer look at the issue.  If you can e-mail those files to bugs@obsidian.net with a description of the bug so we know what the saves are intended for, that would be amazing :)

Thanks for the help!

-SChin

Disappeared for me as well. I was trying to turn in Vessali.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

I’ll see what I can do about the files when I’m back from my holiday next week.

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Greetings,

Our apology for any inconvenience this might have caused, the NPC: Nungata is located in the upper corner in Serpent's Crown sitting on a bench. If she is not there can you possibly send us a savegame file so we can investigate further?

Cheers.

Sorry I didn't see this reply for a while. Let me try to attach one of my endgame saves from the game where Nungata was gone.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1xI1uMZmcNzR5Xprs6S4NhbO_VqJbAIWy

Edited by MaximilianXimenez

Hey everyone!

One of our programmers was wondering if you might be able to provide any save files from before and after this occurred so they he can take a closer look at the issue.  If you can e-mail those files to bugs@obsidian.net with a description of the bug so we know what the saves are intended for, that would be amazing :)

Thanks for the help!

-SChin

I've encountered this bug now, so these are the saves I could get:

The last one I have where Una, Nungata, and Netehe(?) are present

The earliest I have where they are missing

• Like 1

^ Thanks for this, Alienka.

Had the same issues with Netehe(sp?) and Una.

It has to do with the quest "Final Maneuver" still being active.

unfortunately, if you have that quest active, but side with the Huana to blow up the powder house... there is no way to clear it since you can no longer talk to the Hazanui.

might be able to use the console?

edit:

well, I could use the console and the "advancequest" command... but you need the internal name of the quest, and finding that is not easy.  also, need to know what stage to set it to so it is marked as "failed".

alternatively you can go back to before you blow up the powder room, and talk to the hazanui, then refuse to do what she asks.  but then, everyone goes hostile.

it's really a bug.  the quest should clear itself once you align with any faction.

so should the pirate one, which also doesn't clear.

Edited by Ichthyic

It has to do with the quest "Final Maneuver" still being active.

unfortunately, if you have that quest active, but side with the Huana to blow up the powder house... there is no way to clear it since you can no longer talk to the Hazanui.

might be able to use the console?

edit:

well, I could use the console and the "advancequest" command... but you need the internal name of the quest, and finding that is not easy.  also, need to know what stage to set it to so it is marked as "failed".

alternatively you can go back to before you blow up the powder room, and talk to the hazanui, then refuse to do what she asks.  but then, everyone goes hostile.

it's really a bug.  the quest should clear itself once you align with any faction.

so should the pirate one, which also doesn't clear.

I have the same issue, and have not progressed to this quest yet; so it seems like there's more to it than just this quest.

My save game can be found here: http://tmp.arp242.net/Wav%20(d51bf056-75a4-4811-a874-87461507056a)%20quicksave.savegame