Evokers are crazy OP. Can oneshot large groups of monsters with the insane empowered missile spells and can clear (or seriously damage everyone) in a room with wilting wind or whats its called.

Power levels (might be other sources, these are what I get):

+1 from evoker

+1 from talent

+2 from racial

+2 from gloves

+10 from empowered

I oneshotted the last boss with my evoker with one cast of empowered tier 4 missiles on potd..did 1700 something in total damage.

• Like 1

Chanter is 2nd on my list, follow by crusader.

Why crusader (is that figher/paladin)?

As for me. Bleak walker / assassin dual wielder is pretty devastating. Coming out of stealth, you basically delete most things unless they are a lot above your level. Paladin defenses ensure that you can also duel someone in a straight-up confrontation. Heal through lay on hands to stand up to anything or save aloth for the Nth time, and then you can basically pick some of the rogue utility tools (which are basically just smoke screen) or whatever the paladin's got in their arsenal, depending on playstyle. 

tsgUO.gif

Race: Human, boring I know, but the fighting spirit proc (bloodied 50% health or less grants accuracy and damage boost) goes sooOOooo well with this build.

Stats: 20 Might, 12 dex, 12 per, 10 con, 14 int, 10 res. I think if I could do-over, I'd either drop 2 points of might and boost per to 14, or drop 4 points of might and put 14 dex, 14 per. 

Weapons: Soulbound Dagger and Soulbound Talking Sword

You try out that unique saber in Neketaka? I forget the name but it looked custom made for just this build. I think I found it in a shop near Arkemyrs place.

As for me. Bleak walker / assassin dual wielder is pretty devastating. Coming out of stealth, you basically delete most things unless they are a lot above your level. Paladin defenses ensure that you can also duel someone in a straight-up confrontation. Heal through lay on hands to stand up to anything or save aloth for the Nth time, and then you can basically pick some of the rogue utility tools (which are basically just smoke screen) or whatever the paladin's got in their arsenal, depending on playstyle. 

Because u can stack over 150 to all defense as a crusader. In PoTD defense is more important. Also BW/Assassin has no AOE unless u willing to burn scrolls. But that's another topic.

Edited by dunehunter

Evokers are crazy OP. Can oneshot large groups of monsters with the insane empowered missile spells and can clear (or seriously damage everyone) in a room with wilting wind or whats its called.

Power levels (might be other sources, these are what I get):

+1 from evoker

+1 from talent

+2 from racial

+2 from gloves

+10 from empowered

I oneshotted the last boss with my evoker with one cast of empowered tier 4 missiles on potd..did 1700 something in total damage.

Hey, pal, i'm struggling with wiz stat allcoation, what's yours?

Because u can stack over 150 to all defense as a crusader. In PoTD defense is more important. Also BW/Assassin has no AOE unless u willing to burn scrolls. But that's another topic.

Hmm, right I guess you can get insane defenses with their skills. As for bw/assa, yeah, no aoe, but there's other people for that. Insane single target damage, healing, auras, support and disengage/teleportation is enough one guy.

tsgUO.gif

I'm running upscaled POTD solo as a Paladin/Skald 

My defenses are so high I can hardly be touched

My passive healing is ridiculous. I have the chanter Ancient Memory mixed with the raw damage over time chant that heals you, plus the enhanced paladin aura that also heals you. I'm a kind wayfarer, so anytime I get low health, I can suppliment that healing over time with that flaming attack that heals me. I wield the talking sword and the shield that counts as a weapon, so I strike twice and i'm back to full health 

It's ridiculous. 

I'm about to level up and get the fire aura chant, and last level I took the paladin passive that increases fire dmg penetration. Constant, endless fire and slash damage surrounding my unkillable tank while I perma-CC everyone with a paralyze that also inflicts fear debuff 

It's quite nasty 

I play same solo PotD but with Troubadour instead of Skald since Paladin does not crit often. Herald is super fun :D. Heals are crazy, my defenses are sky high, I am tanky, which great damage (AOE and single) and tons of buffs and debuffs., and summons on top. Love it so far :)

What shield is that that counts as a weapon? Could you please tell me?

Race: Human, boring I know, but the fighting spirit proc (bloodied 50% health or less grants accuracy and damage boost) goes sooOOooo well with this build.

Stats: 20 Might, 12 dex, 12 per, 10 con, 14 int, 10 res. I think if I could do-over, I'd either drop 2 points of might and boost per to 14, or drop 4 points of might and put 14 dex, 14 per. 

You try out that unique saber in Neketaka? I forget the name but it looked custom made for just this build. I think I found it in a shop near Arkemyrs place.

I run that saber now (Sabre) with Blade of Yearwood on my Herald. It's great when you empower your dmg spell and you get instantly 2 phrases back. With Troubadour Modal that means that in next turn you will have enough phrases to do another invocation again. It also gives 2% Recovery for every Chant you have, which is great on higher levels. Really nice weapon. And it has great enchant right at start. Wish I could dual wield those :D. Wonder if they'd stack. 

I pair it with Talking Sword. Gonna solo that underground today probably. 

Edited by Voltron

Devoted/Skald is kind of crazy. You're just spamming AoE paralyze and doing solid damage, plus the benefit of whatever chanter song you like best. I made one with low might to keep him a bit tanky and he still does like 75% of the damage that my single class all-damage evoker does while keeping entire groups of enemies paralyzed and serving as a sturdy enough front-liner. The AoE paralyze incantation costs 2 phrases on a Skald, so enemy melees barely get a chance to act. It's my most effective character.

Same question I asked Koth with his pali/barb. Race, stat spread and what weapon? You all have me curious. 

While I run moonlike with my solo Herald (Also Kind Wayfarer but with Troubadour) which also goes great with that build- how does Human benefit you? I almost never go to 50% HP as my next FOD will heal me to full (and I play solo) so I imagine it does not proc quite a lot? 

Also I would recommend for stat to max INT as both Paladin and Chanter greatly benefit from high INT (I have 20 now with gear) as their buffs/debuffs/summon durations are affected by it and also it makes your Chants linger together more (in normal modal my Chants have around 4,7-5 sec time where they stack together at level 7). With that build you can easly dump CON due to insane healings and defenses and think about dumping Resolve too as your Will defenses are crazy on Herald.

Edited by Voltron

Devoted/Skald is kind of crazy. You're just spamming AoE paralyze and doing solid damage, plus the benefit of whatever chanter song you like best. I made one with low might to keep him a bit tanky and he still does like 75% of the damage that my single class all-damage evoker does while keeping entire groups of enemies paralyzed and serving as a sturdy enough front-liner. The AoE paralyze incantation costs 2 phrases on a Skald, so enemy melees barely get a chance to act. It's my most effective character.

Interesting indeed, what stats did u have on him and could u tell us a bit more about the build? thx in advance!

Hm, can you give me total math for those defenses? Paladin can get max +21 from his passive, Exhoration +20 deflection, Vigurous Defense + Unbreakable. Do you also count gear here and just class passive values?

Edited by Voltron

Hm, can you give me total math for those defenses? Paladin can get max +21 from his passive, Exhoration +20 deflection, Vigurous Defense + Unbreakable. Do you also count gear here and just class passive values?

There was a shield that gives u Deflection based on your metaph. SO as crusader u get 21 from faith, 22 from legendary large shield, + 10 from that shield bonus, this already push u to 130 defense at lvl 20. Then fighter has +20 vigorous defense. 150. I didn't count Resolve bonus yet.

There was a shield that gives u Deflection based on your metaph. SO as crusader u get 21 from faith, 22 from legendary large shield, + 10 from that shield bonus, this already push u to 130 defense at lvl 20. Then fighter has +20 vigorous defense. 150. I didn't count Resolve bonus yet.

A, ok, shield. I always go Two Weapons as I find shield useless on Paladins and Fighter considering their defenses and tankiness. Where did you find that shield btw?

From memory the shield he's talking about is behind the mural in the temple of ondra where you fight that giant bug and then slot in the two cornetts

That shield is a large shield that gives deflection based on Athletics skill and damage reduction based on Metaphysics skill. In the family feud quest you can also get an armor that gives deflection based on you Intimidate skill and on an island I found a cloak that gives Fortitude/Reflex/Will based on you History skill.

Edited by Tommy1984

From memory the shield he's talking about is behind the mural in the temple of ondra where you fight that giant bug and then slot in the two cornetts

That shield is a large shield that gives deflection based on Athletics skill and damage reduction based on Metaphysics skill. In the family feud quest you can also get an armor that gives deflection based on you Intimidate skill and on an island I found a cloak that gives Fortitude/Reflex/Will based on you History skill.

Really? How do you get the intimidate armor then? Is it a reward for solving it a different way than the peaceful ending?

Really? How do you get the intimidate armor then? Is it a reward for solving it a different way than the peaceful ending?

Each family has a unique weapon and a unique armor. With the peaceful solution you only get both weapons. If you side with a family you get also the armor from the family that you kill. I think you get this armor by attacking the Valera family. I worked for Valera first and eliminated the other family for them. After doing the quest I killed also the whole Valera family. This way you can finish the vault quest (this locks you out of the peaceful solution), get both unique armors and altogether 3 unique weapons (you get 2 copies of the Valera unique weapon ... one as quest reward and one as loot after killing them). Also you can easily rob the treasure chamber this way. Make sure to do the quest for Martino first (removing the mercenaries from the tavern) - one of them has a nice unique ring that gives +8 accuracy and +1 penetration for ranged weapons.

I got it from Valera(?)'s corpse.

Chanter is insanely strong. Its so laughably strong that you need to pull out calculator and charts to find ways to deliberately make it weak. A double chanter multi-class it would be like combining Bruce Lee and Chuck Norris into one. If it existed, it would be called Bruchuck Leerris.

Why? Well as a single class it can easily cover 3 rolls at once. Rolls being tank, dps, healer, and utility. At any time, they can be top dps and tanks and provide heals. They can also passive heal and nuke at the same time (literally) while still casting disables... I mean, its pretty nuts and they do all this even as a multi class. 

He turns a tank into a super tank thanks to passives and summons. Any tank class + beckoner can hold an army at bay and put out insane DPS. Easily the best support class with all the incredible group wide passives and excellent active abilities, and plenty of AOE nukes and disables. Turns a good DPS class into a DPS monster (except pure monk cheese). Need more heals? He has them.

Would a chanter/stalker tank work in POTD?

Chanter is insanely strong. Its so laughably strong that you need to pull out calculator and charts to find ways to deliberately make it weak. A double chanter multi-class it would be like combining Bruce Lee and Chuck Norris into one. If it existed, it would be called Bruchuck Leerris.

Why? Well as a single class it can easily cover 3 rolls at once. Rolls being tank, dps, healer, and utility. At any time, they can be top dps and tanks and provide heals. They can also passive heal and nuke at the same time (literally) while still casting disables... I mean, its pretty nuts and they do all this even as a multi class. 

He turns a tank into a super tank thanks to passives and summons. Any tank class + beckoner can hold an army at bay and put out insane DPS. Easily the best support class with all the incredible group wide passives and excellent active abilities, and plenty of AOE nukes and disables. Turns a good DPS class into a DPS monster (except pure monk cheese). Need more heals? He has them.

Would a chanter/stalker tank work in POTD?

Chanter works with everything. I'm not joking.

Edited by Maxzero