bleakwalker/assassin deals extreme damage from invisiblity (and can turn invisible at-will). Bit of a one-hit wonder however: turn invisible - hit with eternal devotion (kill), repeat.

Edited by pstone

Chanter is insanely strong. Its so laughably strong that you need to pull out calculator and charts to find ways to deliberately make it weak. A double chanter multi-class it would be like combining Bruce Lee and Chuck Norris into one. If it existed, it would be called Bruchuck Leerris.

Why? Well as a single class it can easily cover 3 rolls at once. Rolls being tank, dps, healer, and utility. At any time, they can be top dps and tanks and provide heals. They can also passive heal and nuke at the same time (literally) while still casting disables... I mean, its pretty nuts and they do all this even as a multi class. 

He turns a tank into a super tank thanks to passives and summons. Any tank class + beckoner can hold an army at bay and put out insane DPS. Easily the best support class with all the incredible group wide passives and excellent active abilities, and plenty of AOE nukes and disables. Turns a good DPS class into a DPS monster (except pure monk cheese). Need more heals? He has them.

My Black Jacket / Assassin feels overpowered. But it's rather the items then the class really.

I have 8 pistols/blunderbusses equipped, with 4 Penetrating Strike Full Attacks in a row, I can start a fight doing around 300-400 damage in a few seconds to anything. I feel it's quite broken, after that I just use some unique abilities like the Storm Pulse Bullets from The Storm Pistol, or spam Rogue Takedown and anything dies.

I killed the dragon in Magran's teeth in about 6 seconds without it being able to move :(   

Edited by Hazmy
  • Like 2

Barbarian

Berserker/Bleakwalker

Devoted/Berserker

Devoted/Bleakwalker

Devoted/Soulblade

These are all pretty strong.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Although Berserker/Bleakwalker unquestionably does more damage, I prefer Berserker/Goldpact for 2 reasons. 

1. I don't have to RP as an a$$hat. If you're into playing a baddie, then yeah bleakwalker is a given, but I usually try to play the good guy for my first playthrough

2. The armour bonus from goldpact is pretty dang substantial. Not only am I naturally tougher, but I can afford to wear light armour which in turn grants me greater offence due to a lesser armor recovery penalty. 

Also, for those that don't already know and think that the berserker penalty of being confused is too big a deal, the clvl 10 / plvl 4 paladin ability "Mental Fortress" completely removes the confusion effect which is what makes the build great. You still can't see your health though, but as I said above, as a goldpact knight, it's never really a concern. Additionally you can set up AI rules that auto cast second wind athletics ability when health falls below 25% and it will still trigger. Even though *you* don't know if your health is below 25%, the ai *does* and can trigger abilities accordingly. Neat huh!

I really like the mental fortress thing completely removing the downside of picking Berserker. 

Another cool thing that works even though you can't see your health is low is setting up auto-pause when a character is low health and it will tell you when your Barb is 25% health or below even though you can't see his health.

Edited by angryusaman

Yup, also, the soul bound talking sword also removes all intelligence afflictions so when you get it you can respec to free up the point spent on mental fortress to spend on something else instead :)

Devoted/Skald is kind of crazy. You're just spamming AoE paralyze and doing solid damage, plus the benefit of whatever chanter song you like best. I made one with low might to keep him a bit tanky and he still does like 75% of the damage that my single class all-damage evoker does while keeping entire groups of enemies paralyzed and serving as a sturdy enough front-liner. The AoE paralyze incantation costs 2 phrases on a Skald, so enemy melees barely get a chance to act. It's my most effective character.

Edited by Arnegar
  • Like 1

Yup, also, the soul bound talking sword also removes all intelligence afflictions so when you get it you can respec to free up the point spent on mental fortress to spend on something else instead :)

wow did not realize the sword act like a mental fortress.

This is going to open up a lot of options...

yeah, the weapon is actually better than mental fortress as it provides complete immunity to all mental afflictions. Mental fortress is only resistance. To understand the difference you need to remember that attribute afflictions are broken into three tiers. For example, Intellect afflictions are Confusion < Charmed < Dominated. The Intellect immunity granted by the weapon will simply stop any of these levels getting applied.

Mental fortress on the other hand applies Resistance to intellect afflictions. Resistance in this game is not a flat % chance for it not to happen, instead resistance downgrades 1 level of that affliction type. I.e. if you were to get dominated, then you'll only get charmed instead, if you were to get charmed, you'll only get confused. And in the case of frenzy where you would normally get confused, the resistance downgrades it one tier to nothing, meaning that you won't get confused.

• Like 3

Barbarian

Berserker/Bleakwalker

Devoted/Berserker

Devoted/Bleakwalker

Devoted/Soulblade

These are all pretty strong.

Played around with the Berserker/Bleak Walker for a bit and yeah, he's pretty freaking strong. Faith and Conviction makes him a tank and mental fortress stops confusion.

Also, playing with a Devoted/Bleak Walker. There's some nice synergy between Fighter stances and Paladin auras. Both he and the Berserker/BL got more deflection with a two-hander than Eder does with a shield and Weapon + Shield style, which is kinda insane. I feel like I should have made Eder a rogue or swashbuckler since he's firmly behind both PCs and Pallegina in tankiness.

I feel like you should add Barbarian/Soul Blade to that list. The synergy between carnage and ciphers is really good. Paladin/Chanter too due to being the ultimate tank/support. Paladins feel like they go well with most classes due to their versatility and defensive abilities.

Edited by Judicator

Although Berserker/Bleakwalker unquestionably does more damage, I prefer Berserker/Goldpact for 2 reasons. 

1. I don't have to RP as an a$$hat. If you're into playing a baddie, then yeah bleakwalker is a given, but I usually try to play the good guy for my first playthrough

2. The armour bonus from goldpact is pretty dang substantial. Not only am I naturally tougher, but I can afford to wear light armour which in turn grants me greater offence due to a lesser armor recovery penalty. 

Also, for those that don't already know and think that the berserker penalty of being confused is too big a deal, the clvl 10 / plvl 4 paladin ability "Mental Fortress" completely removes the confusion effect which is what makes the build great. You still can't see your health though, but as I said above, as a goldpact knight, it's never really a concern. Additionally you can set up AI rules that auto cast second wind athletics ability when health falls below 25% and it will still trigger. Even though *you* don't know if your health is below 25%, the ai *does* and can trigger abilities accordingly. Neat huh!

How did you stat spread and what race? And what weapon?

PS I kind of wish you wouldn't turn solid gold when that buff is on though, get's rid of too much cool looking detail on your character.

Edited by QuiteGoneJin

Devoted/Skald is kind of crazy. You're just spamming AoE paralyze and doing solid damage, plus the benefit of whatever chanter song you like best. I made one with low might to keep him a bit tanky and he still does like 75% of the damage that my single class all-damage evoker does while keeping entire groups of enemies paralyzed and serving as a sturdy enough front-liner. The AoE paralyze incantation costs 2 phrases on a Skald, so enemy melees barely get a chance to act. It's my most effective character.

Same question I asked Koth with his pali/barb. Race, stat spread and what weapon? You all have me curious. 

Edited by QuiteGoneJin

Btw, the bonus AR from the Goldpact Knight doesn’t stack with the bonus AR from the Berserker’s Frenzy.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

About that, when does it start to do that? I got it early on and I've been leveling it, still no Int Aff Immunity on it. Do I need to finish its questline? Or did I mess up when picking a class to bind it to (picked Barbarian instead of Paladin)?

Same question I asked Koth with his pali/barb. Race, stat spread and what weapon? You all have me curious. 

Race: Human, boring I know, but the fighting spirit proc (bloodied 50% health or less grants accuracy and damage boost) goes sooOOooo well with this build.

Stats: 20 Might, 12 dex, 12 per, 10 con, 14 int, 10 res. I think if I could do-over, I'd either drop 2 points of might and boost per to 14, or drop 4 points of might and put 14 dex, 14 per. 

Weapons: Soulbound Dagger and Soulbound Talking Sword

About that, when does it start to do that? I got it early on and I've been leveling it, still no Int Aff Immunity on it. Do I need to finish its questline? Or did I mess up when picking a class to bind it to (picked Barbarian instead of Paladin)?

Class doesn't matter, all the same unlocks. Think it's like the 3rd upgrade or something, can't remember when I got it:

https://www.reddit.com/r/projecteternity/comments/8j70pb/soulbound_weapon_locations_spoilers_in_text/

i liked beckoner. Its very simple requiring no micromanagement yet it looks pretty cool with all the summons. Contrast to my previous, a ranger, who also didnt require much management but he looked boring as hell (you shoot arrows/projectiles from level 1 to level 20, nothing ever changes)

I'm running upscaled POTD solo as a Paladin/Skald 

My defenses are so high I can hardly be touched

My passive healing is ridiculous. I have the chanter Ancient Memory mixed with the raw damage over time chant that heals you, plus the enhanced paladin aura that also heals you. I'm a kind wayfarer, so anytime I get low health, I can suppliment that healing over time with that flaming attack that heals me. I wield the talking sword and the shield that counts as a weapon, so I strike twice and i'm back to full health 

It's ridiculous. 

I'm about to level up and get the fire aura chant, and last level I took the paladin passive that increases fire dmg penetration. Constant, endless fire and slash damage surrounding my unkillable tank while I perma-CC everyone with a paralyze that also inflicts fear debuff 

It's quite nasty 

Devoted Psiblade Sword and Board

2. The armour bonus from goldpact is pretty dang substantial. Not only am I naturally tougher, but I can afford to wear light armour which in turn grants me greater offence due to a lesser armor recovery penalty.

1.Totally agree

2.Ppl said goldpact armor is 7-hit and Dot still counts, do I need proper kill speed or avoid Dot(?)