an arquebus gives 25% damage bonus on criticals and -25% blunted criticals damage penalty.

All in all that results in criticals doing less damage than normal attacks due to the weird damage formula, is that intended? Seems a bit stupid to me.

I think it's not intended. Who wants to design a weapon that does less damage in crit? The designer who did blunted criticals obviously didn't know that the implementation actually leads to -33% instead of 25%.

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

I think it's not intended. Who wants to design a weapon that does less damage in crit? The designer who did blunted criticals obviously didn't know that the implementation actually leads to -33% instead of 25%.

I think it's more that the dmg calculation changed but they never adjuster the blunted criticals modifier.

It's working as intended as far as I understand: read MaxQuest's pinned thread concerning Attack Speed on this sub-forum. It has to do with how the game handles negative numbers.

Now, whether they decide to change how the game handles negative numbers later on is another matter, but the Blunted Crits effect isn't bugged.

Edited by aweigh0101

Are not all the damage modifiers additive?

no, the positive effects are all added, but the negative effects are a multiplier. It is not straight forward, it works just like the pinned thread explains penalty to attack speed. any negative damage multiplier is devastating, this is why armor is so strong now.