Party management atm is a crime against humanity

So, I need to be on my ship to change party composition. To be on ship i need to leave the port of whatever location I'm at right now. Standing literally besides my ship apparently is not enough to call one of my parked companions out to the dock. Changing one party member at a certain location makes you go through two loading screens at least (or even four? out of port->to deck->back to map->back to port?) And then you notice you forgot to take that one item off the guy you just sent onto the ship...

Seriously guys, I believe we couldn't come up with a much worse solution for party management if we actively tried.

/rant over

Suggested fixes:

-Have party composition accessible from land (obviously), if you're in the same City as your ship, or at least on the same map as your ship.

-Under these conditions, let us have access to everybody's inventories, regardless whether they are in the party or parked.

Edited by M4xw0lf
  • Like 7

Yeah this was something I've brought up so many times. I even brought up the exact same suggestion of having access to the inventories of all companions to make it easier to manage everyone's equipment during the crowdfunding campaign, and Sawyer noted it and responded that it was a good idea worth considering. I mean it's not like it would be a difficult thing to implement at all given that Obsidian implemented a very similar party management system in NwN2!!

Fully agree that we should be able to swap party memebers in any city/town/village. 
It's really annoying to backtrack to the ship or find an inn (loading screens oh loading screens) just to swap out party members.

• 7 months later...

Apologies for the necro, but there's a much simpler way to do this, that doesn't involve any loading screens, at least when you're in a city. Go to world map, then supply, then party management. Doesn't give you inventory access, of course, but does let you swap party members in and out without loading at all.

It would be nice if there was a way to have access to the inventory of ALL party members, both active and those in your reserve, even if it was only on your ship.  It kind of stinks to have to make a reserve member active, just to check out their inventory.

• Like 3

It would be nice if there was a way to have access to the inventory of ALL party members, both active and those in your reserve, even if it was only on your ship.  It kind of stinks to have to make a reserve member active, just to check out their inventory.

Yup, been beating this drum myself for years now. Just don't understand the opposition to giving us this.

• Like 1

Yup, been beating this drum myself for years now. Just don't understand the opposition to giving us this.

I doubt there is much opposition - it would just take work. Considering the stash is shared there is fairly little need for access to "unused party members". I think it would be nice to have as if you do want to transfer a weapon equipped by non-active party member it is slighly inconvenient to do. Still, I would describe it as a niche quality of life feature. 

I doubt there is much opposition - it would just take work. Considering the stash is shared there is fairly little need for access to "unused party members". I think it would be nice to have as if you do want to transfer a weapon equipped by non-active party member it is slighly inconvenient to do. Still, I would describe it as a niche quality of life feature.

They did it easily enough in NwN2. For me, and I suspect for quite a few others, it is way more than a niche quality of life feature. I find it extremely frustrating to have to keep swapping party members in and out of my party when I need to redistribute equipment, and this would rank very high on my list of things I'd want in my games.

• Like 1