Chanter not actually chanting their phrases!

thelee

Question

Using Tekehu. I don't know when exactly this started, but I noticed recently that I haven't been able to use more than one invocation at the start of the fight. Sure enough, in combat I just observe Tekehu and he is not chanting any phrases. I have tried changing chants, but he just doesn't seem to be wanting to do chants anymore.

Help!

Attached is a dropbox link to a saved game and output log: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/w3s1c184t3pe65n/AABS1M3jRPMqGcjD7VmsrtOBa?dl=0

Here is a screenshot of Tekehu with no chants active (and sitting at 0 phrases after the initial invocation). post-58316-0-55869300-1526234343_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

This is never going to be fixed, is it?

can't you just delete all the chants you made and remake them from scratch?

Nope, that's the problem. I have an entire list of chants that weren't even in her book, multiple A's B's and C's, and she starts every combat with her chant on cooldown which means my entire team gets wrecked. I didn't level my other healers because she was working so well for every other fight, so my options are to: A. Wait for a fix. B. Uninstall and realize Obsidian is now Microsoft, and as such doesn't give a damn.

I don't get what you're saying - can't you open up your chant creation book and click on all the chant icons on the right side of the page to empty out your songs? Even when my Tekehu had this issue I could always delete the songs on the right and create new songs from scratch.

FWIW, I get this "chanter not chanting" periodically with my troubadour when I'm doing a lot of switching between songs and turning brisk recitation on/off, but the issue either clears if I switch songs/toggle brisk recitation again within combat, or when combat ends.

Edited by thelee

This is never going to be fixed, is it?

can't you just delete all the chants you made and remake them from scratch?

Nope, that's the problem. I have an entire list of chants that weren't even in her book, multiple A's B's and C's, and she starts every combat with her chant on cooldown which means my entire team gets wrecked. I didn't level my other healers because she was working so well for every other fight, so my options are to: A. Wait for a fix. B. Uninstall and realize Obsidian is now Microsoft, and as such doesn't give a damn.

I don't get what you're saying - can't you open up your chant creation book and click on all the chant icons on the right side of the page to empty out your songs? Even when my Tekehu had this issue I could always delete the songs on the right and create new songs from scratch.

FWIW, I get this "chanter not chanting" periodically with my troubadour when I'm doing a lot of switching between songs and turning brisk recitation on/off, but the issue either clears if I switch songs/toggle brisk recitation again within combat, or when combat ends.

I can do that, but the list remains the same. Just like user Itr reported on the previous page. Deleting the chants does nothing and she keeps on reverting to the speed chant when I need her on the healing chants, and starts every fight out with her chant stuck in cooldown when I try to get her to go back to her healing chant. On the bar, she has a huge list of chants that aren't even in her book. It doesn't matter if I make her healing chant A, B, or C, it's stuck with the speed chant permanently as her default "A".

I tried reloading and it apparently cursed  ALL of my old saves, I've tried respeccing and it did nothing (still the giant list of chants with multiple A's, B's, and C's) and I tried deleting the chants from the book like you said. She'll eventually start chanting after her chant comes out of cooldown in combat, but I've cleared all the content I can beat without my Off-tank/Main healer and don't want to start a new playthrough just to have the same problem once again. 

If the content I had left was easy story stuff, it wouldn't be a problem, but to do the two new megabosses and the final parts of Forgotten Sanctum I need a fully functioning healer since I'm playing POTD w/level scaling. I beat Belranga and the slime dude, but this is easily the most frustrating aspect of the game right here. I'm pretty good at de-bugging stuff, and my guess would be the issue occurred after I went through and deleted some of my old saves (the loading screen was stalling the hell out of the game). So, no idea what to do other than uninstall and start a different game, I need room on my computer and having the issue go unresolved has left me very frustrated. Usually there's a fix by now, but I'm guessing Obsidian just stopped caring about updating this game. I've been a die-hard Obsidian fan for years and loved the hell out of this game up until now, so I'm hoping they fix this issue so I can convince more people to buy a game that tragically undersold.

Edited by Carnifexus

i don't make any guarantees about anything, but i'd be interested in a save game just because i want to see what this issue looks like.

Well, they addressed the issue here:  https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/107767-why-dont-drugs-work/?p=2129691

I've been trying to make some noise about the issue just to get it going, but quite frankly I'm too tired at the moment to bother with dropbox. It's too big to upload, but I'd be happy to email it. 

Edited by Carnifexus