Unique Items – How and Where to find them

Well, now I think arquebus is not a good choice of proficient weapon for MC.  

There are only four unique  arquebuses in game:

• blightheart: your char can't use it if you don't play those three classes
  • dragon's dowry: too expensive, I'd rather upgrade other weapons or ship first
  • the red hand: no one has found it yet
  • three bells through: no clear info for now in wiki. Some one said it's a reward for Maia's personal quest?

I'm 14 level now, and I only have first two. Even before I acquired blightheart, I already got all unique pistols and blunderbusses.

"Only four unique" in the context of Deadfire is a good number, more than blunderbusses (2) and pistols (3) (and many other one-handed melee types).

Blightheart is inferior in terms of damage to Dragon's Dowry, you need to soulbind it to unlock its potential and can't apparently be enchanted to Legendary quality.

Three Bells Through is also inferior to Dragon's Dowry and does friendly fire (shoots in a line, hitting up to three targets friend/foe).

Dragon's Dowry packs a hit when enchanted with the +50% Burn damage and has the ability to significantly raise your attack speed, costs 45k.

The Red Hand fires two shots in a closer range with a incremental damage +1% per kill until rest, but it is to be found in a random event.

If you plan your MC around the arquebus, Dragon's Dowry is arguably the only valid choice. It gets worse if you have Maia in your main party.

The Red Hand would at least provide a solid alternative, but it is nowhere to be found.

Edited by Naito

Well, now I think arquebus is not a good choice of proficient weapon for MC.  

There are only four unique  arquebuses in game:

• blightheart: your char can't use it if you don't play those three classes
  • dragon's dowry: too expensive, I'd rather upgrade other weapons or ship first
  • the red hand: no one has found it yet
  • three bells through: no clear info for now in wiki. Some one said it's a reward for Maia's personal quest?

I'm 14 level now, and I only have first two. Even before I acquired blightheart, I already got all unique pistols and blunderbusses.

"Only four unique" in the context of Deadfire is a good number, more than blunderbusses (2) and pistols (3) (and many other one-handed melee types).

Blightheart is inferior in terms of damage to Dragon's Dowry, you need to soulbind it to unlock its potential and can't apparently be enchanted to Legendary quality.

Three Bells Through is also inferior to Dragon's Dowry and does friendly fire (shoots in a line, hitting up to three targets friend/foe).

Dragon's Dowry packs a hit when enchanted with the +50% Burn damage and has the ability to significantly raise your attack speed, costs 45k.

The Red Hand fires two shots in a closer range with a incremental damage +1% per kill until rest, but it is to be found in a random event.

If you plan your MC around the arquebus, Dragon's Dowry is arguably the only valid choice. It gets worse if you have Maia in your main party.

The Red Hand would at least provide a solid alternative, but it is nowhere to be found.

I'd also note that if you put Maia in your party and also want to use guns yourself, you probably want to spec her as ranger/wizard so that she can bind Blightheart as a wizard and gain the additional corrosive damage bonus.

I've just read quest data, it seems no way to prevent the assassination, so I won't do that quest.

I think there is. I'm currently working on it. In Fort Maje there is an option to convince the spy to take the missives without dealing with the stalker. It clearly says it will put her mission at risk. So fingers crossed. In Tikawara I think it involves letting the spy get beaten or smth.

I've just read quest data, it seems no way to prevent the assassination, so I won't do that quest.

I think there is. I'm currently working on it. In Fort Maje there is an option to convince the spy to take the missives without dealing with the stalker. It clearly says it will put her mission at risk. So fingers crossed. In Tikawara I think it involves letting the spy get beaten or smth.

I wonder if the rifle is given to you if you do that though. I guess you will find out.

Azarhal, Chanter and Keeper of Truth of the Obsidian Order of Eternity.

Can somebody explain the enchantment "no rest for the wicked" on the weapon The Red Hand? How does it work?

https://pillarsofeternity.gamepedia.com/The_Red_Hand

Wait, you actually have it?

Where did you get it?

Like everyone's wondering where the hell do you find this gun on this forum

I don't have it, I'm just wondering. The enchant doesn't make any sense to me. Edited by Gary1986

Can somebody explain the enchantment "no rest for the wicked" on the weapon The Red Hand? How does it work?

https://pillarsofeternity.gamepedia.com/The_Red_Hand

Wait, you actually have it?

Where did you get it?

Like everyone's wondering where the hell do you find this gun on this forum

I don't have it, I'm just wondering. The enchant doesn't make any sense to me.

What's not to get? For every kill you'll get a stacking +1 damage dealt (and received) up to 20% and the bonus gets reset on resting.

Pretty self-explanatory.

• Like 1

Hey, does anybody know where to get an amulet that summons a big drake? I had it in my first playthrough, but can't find it in the second (probably random drop) and I don't remember the name of it.

Hey, does anybody know where to get an amulet that summons a big drake? I had it in my first playthrough, but can't find it in the second (probably random drop) and I don't remember the name of it.

I THINK i got it from one of the many shipwrecks.

**** me, if i remember which one though

• Like 1

Damn, it was really good :unsure: . I think I got it somewhere pretty early.

• 2 weeks later...

Random drop from shipwrecks. The Dragon Pendant is rare, I got it once, forgot to save, then had to reload like five or six times before it dropped again.

• 1 month later...

Damn, it was really good :unsure: . I think I got it somewhere pretty early.
You can easily get it from the shipwreck on this island

https://pillarsofeternity.gamepedia.com/Tangaloa_Island

It's one of the first items I always go and grab. You may need to save scum 3-4 times.

Edited by Gary1986
  • Like 1

Finally found where the pike Wicked Beast is:

SKgfKLe.png 

You get it when you fight the ship that spawns on the World Map near(ish) Port Maje when you piss off the VTC enough (-3 rank).

The ship is the famous Aimo de Spirente (yes, THAT one) , and it's presumably on its captain, Estulrio Parfirro.

It's a Level 18 fight, so it's not exactly a pushover.  So for folks who want it, you either have to piss off the VTC or mod in the ship encounter yourself (modding the fight into the game is doable, but wasn't exactly easy to figure out how to do).

Do the other factions have their own "Enforcers"? 

Could be some rare/unknown items on them. I don't think I've dipped below relationship 1. 

Yes, all four factions have a "Vengeance" type ship, though I think the RDC one might be tied to one not doing what they want in regards to Cignath Mor (have to look into that further).

Three of them will give a Unique item when you defeat them.

VTC: Wicked Beast

Huana: Akola's Apex Ward

Principi: Gipon Prudensco

Haven't seen a unique pop up when you fight the RDC vengeance ship

Edited by Zap Gun For Hire
  • Like 3

Oh, so there was a thread like this. Alright.

Anyone knows where Violet Redemption can be found? It seems like an ideal choice of Cloak for a melee DPS, but all that I know is that it might possibly be obtainable only over the dead body of one of the VTC leaders (Castol? Alvari?). Kind of hope that isn't the case, though.