Unique Items – How and Where to find them

It's too bad that you can't get the Devil's breastplate out of the ocean if you let her kill Harmke - would have made sense as a continuity nod to the other ending.

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

It's too bad that you can't get the Devil's breastplate out of the ocean if you let her kill Harmke - would have made sense as a continuity nod to the other ending.

Actually, it would've been cool to fish her out of the ocean, i assume that her joints would've been completely rusted over (if she even was conscious still) and you could even get a [Cruel] choice of bashing her to bits and getting the Breastplate that way (extra [Cruel] points if she's still conscious)  :devil:

I've done all I could and I'm about to set sail for Ukaizo. I have not found the broom or Dragon's Dowry, however—any idea where those are?

Dragon's Dowry is just for sale (45k) at Uto's gunsmith in the Brass Citadel. No need to join RDC or anything.

A bit ironic you missed it, since it is probably one of the first powerful unique item you see and start to save up gold for it ;)

The broom is on the ground to pick up in on encounter with the "Fire Giants", the wiki mentions "Map Fight against Eotens at 6'13" 46'27"".

• Like 1

Ah, I think I know that fight—totally missed the broom. Thanks!

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

From Aarik himself:

HEVCQlP.jpg

• Like 4

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Thanks for the heads up, we at least have an answer. 

I did not 100% understood it: is a something that may pop up when you search in a location such as a wrecked ship or something else?

Anyway, I guess we are not fan of the "random encounter".

Edited by Naito
  • Like 1

Oh boy, one of the strongest guns in the game gated behind a "random encounter" that, it appears, never triggers for most people.

GREAT  :getlost:

I suspect it never triggers at all or only triggers so rarely that it's statistically insignificant. If it were popping once in a hundred playthroughs, someone would have found it by now. 

Thanks for the heads up, we at least have an answer. 

I did not 100% understood it: is a something that may pop up when you search in a location such as a wrecked ship or something else?

Anyway, I guess we are not fan of the "random encounter".

The answer raise a new question: what is Buried Treasure? A quest/task? something like wrecks? something else?

There is a quests that gives you a map to a buried treasure (Magnera's Chain is a reward for that), but why would that have random encounters...

Now I feel like I missed something in the game, lol.

Azarhal, Chanter and Keeper of Truth of the Obsidian Order of Eternity.

Hmm... did a quick look in the scripted interactions for red_hand or it's item ID but I didn't see anything...

"Wizards do not need to be The Dudes Who Can AoE Nuke You and Gish and Take as Many Hits as a Fighter and Make all Skills Irrelevant Because Magic."

-Josh Sawyer

Oh boy, one of the strongest guns in the game gated behind a "random encounter" that, it appears, never triggers for most people.

GREAT  :getlost:

I love the idea. Great replayability value. Plus there are already too many unique items in game. Whats the point in finding all of them in one playthrough.

The answer raise a new question: what is Buried Treasure? A quest/task? something like wrecks? something else?

There is a quests that gives you a map to a buried treasure (Magnera's Chain is a reward for that), but why would that have random encounters...

I was thinking it could be one of those times when you search battlefields or burials.

Edited by Aridea
Emissary Tar: At last, someone who looks like they could be of some assistance! The assorted boobs and dimwits around here have been of very little help.

Charname: I’m afraid you have mistaken us for someone else. I’m Dimwit, this is my good friend Boob, and behind me you’ll find Brainless and Moron. How do you do? 

I love the idea. Great replayability value. Plus there are already too many unique items in game. Whats the point in finding all of them in one playthrough.

Too many? I actually found them to be on the few side :)

I don't see any replayability value in a, apparently very slim, random encounter. And the point to hoard all unique items in a single playthrough is for completionist' sake: it should be almost feasible, not easy, but doable. Having all unique items is also fun to test/run any build you would like to try with the unique items.

I will add that I find there is a healthy frequency of unique items, but too many unique sabres and swords, not enough variety for arbalests, battle axes, clubs, crossbows, hatchets, hunting bows and wands.

Edited by Naito
  • Like 4

I was thinking it could be one of those times when you search battlefields or burials.

But they don't have random encounters, just random loot...or are they supposed to spawn encounters sometimes?

I learned 2 days ago that Neketaka has random encounters, despite me never encountering any in about 15-20 hours of travelling the place...so...

But they don't have random encounters, just random loot...or are they supposed to spawn encounters sometimes?

I learned 2 days ago that Neketaka has random encounters, despite me never encountering any in about 15-20 hours of travelling the place...so...

I think some spawn random as well, but not 100% sure.

Yup, there are random encounters in Neketaka, some are tied to the main quest. You can get Griffin blade in one of them.

not enough variety for arbalests, battle axes, clubs, crossbows, hatchets, hunting bows and wands.

Agreed on this one.

Edited by Aridea
Emissary Tar: At last, someone who looks like they could be of some assistance! The assorted boobs and dimwits around here have been of very little help.

Charname: I’m afraid you have mistaken us for someone else. I’m Dimwit, this is my good friend Boob, and behind me you’ll find Brainless and Moron. How do you do? 

Well, now I think arquebus is not a good choice of proficient weapon for MC.  

There are only four unique  arquebuses in game:

• blightheart: your char can't use it if you don't play those three classes
  • dragon's dowry: too expensive, I'd rather upgrade other weapons or ship first
  • the red hand: no one has found it yet
  • three bells through: no clear info for now in wiki. Some one said it's a reward for Maia's personal quest?

I'm 14 level now, and I only have first two. Even before I acquired blightheart, I already got all unique pistols and blunderbusses.

• three bells through: no clear info for now in wiki. Some one said it's a reward for Maia's personal quest?

It is, but I don't think it's Maia only. Her quest is super easy to do if you ever get it (I only got it after her disposition dropped to 0).

The only buried treasure that I know of is from the Dunnage bounty quest. There's a woman in Dunnage market area who asks to kill 4 of her enemies, each of them drop a piece of a map. Once you get all 4 pieces you can assemble them and it will show that the treasure is buried on Drowned Barrows island. There will be an extra spot on the map you can loot. Don't remember if it had a random encounter or Red Hand though.

Edited by Aramintai

The only buried treasure that I know of is from the Dunnage bounty quest. There's a woman in Dunnage market area who asks to kill 4 of her enemies, each of them drop a piece of a map. Once you get all 4 pieces you can assemble them and it will show that the treasure is buried on Drowned Barrows island. There will be an extra spot on the map you can loot. Don't remember if it had a random encounter or Red Hand though.

I just checked that; the reward there is Magnera's Chain.

It is, but I don't think it's Maia only. Her quest is super easy to do if you ever get it (I only got it after her disposition dropped to 0).

I've just read quest data, it seems no way to prevent the assassination, so I won't do that quest.

Edited by luciffer