Unique Items – How and Where to find them

From Modwyr to Whispers of Yenwood to the Watcher's Blade, i don't have enough arms to wield all of them at the same time!

I'm, sadly, not General Grievous.

(You find the Watcher's blade / Ordinary Sword in Oathbinder's Sanctum, if i recall correctly)

I knowww, I have 20 of them in my inventory and I can't bring myself to sell them.

• Like 2
Emissary Tar: At last, someone who looks like they could be of some assistance! The assorted boobs and dimwits around here have been of very little help.

Charname: I’m afraid you have mistaken us for someone else. I’m Dimwit, this is my good friend Boob, and behind me you’ll find Brainless and Moron. How do you do? 

From Modwyr to Whispers of Yenwood to the Watcher's Blade, i don't have enough arms to wield all of them at the same time!

I'm, sadly, not General Grievous.

(You find the Watcher's blade / Ordinary Sword in Oathbinder's Sanctum, if i recall correctly)

I knowww, I have 20 of them in my inventory and I can't bring myself to sell them.

I never sell unique items, i just hoard them.

I get more than enough gold selling fine/exceptional trash loot.

• Like 6

Oh, i swear, there's also a god damn Lightsaber in the game.

A Sabre that deals raw damage. Animancer's Energy Blade. I **** you not. And it's as cool as it sounds.

enLeTAV.jpgcXaXZTJ.jpg2Bjzasm.jpg

EsckbVT.jpg

Though, i don't think it starts off as "Legendary" quality.  :w00t:

You get it as loot from one of the mercs that attack the animancer tower in Sacred Stairs, when you come back after the second experiment.

• Like 6

Veilpiercer bow - ridiculously overpowered since it pretty much removes recovery time so you shoot nonstop.

Found in Nemnok's chest in his lava lair.

fBBxptt.png

I got it during the Nemnok quest in the drowned Burrows.

Atsura, the intelligent Psychopath of my dreams.  I like my elves grumpy and my godlike fishy!

And my Rekke romancable!

RCNoV60.png

A good leather armor, you loot it from Benweth.

Cheers.

What enchants does it have?

Lucky: +5 change to avoid attack

Chest Guard: -20% crit damage taken

Azarhal, Chanter and Keeper of Truth of the Obsidian Order of Eternity.

There is something called "Watcher's Blade" as well. A really cool sword that glows purple like all those souls that you meet.

Its very easy to miss and sell because the initial icon for it is light blue. It has a different name, something like "ordinary sword" or so, and you have to examine it to unlock its powers. After examination the icon turns gold, the name changes and it becomes a unique item.

I don't remember where i got it. Perhaps from one of the names ships that you can sink. But its definitely extremely easy to overlook.

Here is a screenie

RjVlJNE.png

You find the "ordinary sword" in the Oathbinder's Sanctum.

• Like 2

I *think* I have the Red Hand; need to check my stash next time I play. Unfortunately I’m not sure how I got it as I’m doing a completionist run :-/

Sure you didn't console it in?

I'm starting to wonder if it's gated behind some rarely chosen first game option.

I am also convinced it is gated behind some rare and strict requirements. That or it is not implemented in the game yet (perhaps even bugged?) or maybe rewarded from one of the plagued ships.

I am also convinced it is gated behind some rare and strict requirements. That or it is not implemented in the game yet (perhaps even bugged?) or maybe rewarded from one of the plagued ships.

If it were a plague ship option *someone* would have found it by now just because. The fact that nobody has found it yet at all, as far as we know, means either unimplemented or gated behind something essentially nobody did, like support Woedica in the first game, or give Eder to the blood pool, or something similar.

Any idea where the Fleetbreaker crossbow can be found?  DIsappointingly, it's the only unique crossbow in the game if the unique items list on the website is complete.

I think Furrante gives that to you after you get rid of Aeldys.

• Like 1

Any idea where the Fleetbreaker crossbow can be found?  DIsappointingly, it's the only unique crossbow in the game if the unique items list on the website is complete.

I think Furrante gives that to you after you get rid of Aeldys.

He does yeah. Can confirm.

Emissary Tar: At last, someone who looks like they could be of some assistance! The assorted boobs and dimwits around here have been of very little help.

Charname: I’m afraid you have mistaken us for someone else. I’m Dimwit, this is my good friend Boob, and behind me you’ll find Brainless and Moron. How do you do? 

So the Red hand still hasn't been found?

Not yet and it’s driving me crazy. At first I just wanted this gun in order to cross off its location on my list. Now it’s become some kind of obsessive quest of mine. I am traveling through a different play through and killing every NPC in the game in order to see if it drops off of someone we didn’t think of.

Where do I find Modwyr?

After finishing "Food for thought" the blind dude (Eion or something?) mentions that some girl dropped a flaming sword down the Old City. Is that it? I've done everything there is and checked every nook and cranny but no Modwyr... Halp @.@

Where do I find Modwyr?

After finishing "Food for thought" the blind dude (Eion or something?) mentions that some girl dropped a flaming sword down the Old City. Is that it? I've done everything there is and checked every nook and cranny but no Modwyr... Halp @.@

It's there in the Old City Ruin, top right corner of the screen. Very easy to miss.

But it isn't flaming.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

So the Red hand still hasn't been found?

Not yet and it’s driving me crazy. At first I just wanted this gun in order to cross off its location on my list. Now it’s become some kind of obsessive quest of mine. I am traveling through a different play through and killing every NPC in the game in order to see if it drops off of someone we didn’t think of.

Don't get too crazy about it: like Dr. Hieronymous Alloy said, if it was somehow obtainable, it would have been found by now. At this point I even consider that it is not properly implemented ingame, with a small chance that it is perhaps gated behind some contrived requirements related to PoE 1 decisions.

I agree about killing every npc whenever you have the chance, that is perhaps the only critique regarding the itemization of PoE 2: a bit unfortunate for RP reasons, but you are almost sure to obtain a unique item.

Yeah, turns out I never had that item.

In my next play through I will make a note of where every unique I run into is found.

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

I'm stealing from everyone, named or not named. So far looted 2 rings of protections (+5, these were mostly random named targets), a unique full helmet from head of Bardatto clan and a ring with +3 Restoration power levels from the Gaun priestess in Gullet who harbors sick people.

Edited by Queeg

If my post hasn't been edited yet, I'm still looking to find the error I made typing it.

Where do I find Modwyr?

It's there in the Old City Ruin, top right corner of the screen. Very easy to miss.

But it isn't flaming.

Found it! It is in fact flaming when you find it sitting there.

Its confusing because Eion says it's in the "old city" and not in the "old city ruins". Time i spend looking for it there lol..

Thanks!

Edited by Flucas
  • Like 1

Hmmm... I might try and check the files in more depth to see if I can figure out what's gating the Red Hand. It'll have to be after I get home from work though.

• Like 1

"Wizards do not need to be The Dudes Who Can AoE Nuke You and Gish and Take as Many Hits as a Fighter and Make all Skills Irrelevant Because Magic."

-Josh Sawyer

I've done all I could and I'm about to set sail for Ukaizo. I have not found the broom or Dragon's Dowry, however—any idea where those are?

Ah, then it's possible that you only get it if you side with the RDC and they give you access to their merchant?

I'll check it out.