Unique Items – How and Where to find them

Hey folks, I finished yesterday evening my first playthrough and also tried to do a completionist run as much as feasible on this first try: I have been rather satisfied how it turned out, aside from a couple of details.

Said details are some unique items I haven't found and, at this point, not sure where to look for since I explored all islands, cleared all dungeons and only have the final quest to complete. With that in mind, I thought it would  be helpful to have a topic to share where and how to obtain all the unique items: please find a complete list here. I believe i found almost all of them, so If anyone would like to know how to obtain a specific unique item I will see if I can point you in the right direction.

As for me, I never looted the following items and would appreciate much if someone could help me find them, so that I don't miss them for my future runs:

The Red Hand – I tried this arquebus by adding it via console and couldn't wait to obtain it (fires two shots!). I was expecting/hoping to receive this sweet arquebus as a reward by allying with the Royal Deadfire Company but… nope (on the other hand, they provided me this Blunderbuss)! Anyone know how to get this?

Eccea's Arcane Blaster – I thought I would find it in Arkemyr's basement or as a loot or reward in his questline, but unfortunately I never found or looted it.

Devil of Caroc Breastplate – I guess its availability its tied by the endgame status of the Devil of Caroc (I guess by sparing Harmke, so that she is torn apart by the villagers). Question is if that's correct and where it is then obtainable: it is to be looted or it is sold in a shop? I never found it in my game. EDIT: apparently it is just sold by the metalworks shop in Periki's Overlook, most certainly tied with the decision to spare Harmke.

Sanguine Great Sword – Provided that I am not a fun of two-handers in this game (too slow), but I never found this greatsword. Perhaps because the description sounds like I should have sacrificed someone or did something wicked indeed, which I have not.

The Bloody Links – Not much to say about this one: never found or looted it. I wold be mostly interested to get it because it would look fitting for a barbarian character.

That would be it from my side, did any specific item you wanted elude you so far?

Edited by Naito
  • Like 1

The Sanguine Greatsword is available from an altar on an Island in the NW of the map. You need to visit the altar on the 16th of a month and wait until the sword appears during the ritual.

Any hints on how to find the Blackened plate and its helm are much appreciated!

The Sanguine Greatsword is available from an altar on an Island in the NW of the map. You need to visit the altar on the 16th of a month and wait until the sword appears during the ritual.

Seems the bar to obtain the Sanguine Greatsword is higher than the rest… will look into it!

Both Blackened Plate Helm and Blackened Plate Armor can be looted by killing the Quartermaster in the Fampyr/Undead "castle" in the island in the South-East corner of the map.

Edited by Naito
  • Like 2

To get the Devil of Caroc breastplate though I believe you needed to prevent the Devil of Caroc from killing and get the ending where she is torn apart by the villagers rather than the comfy ending where she finds peace and walks into the sea.

• Like 1

Seems the bar to obtain the Sanguine Greatsword is higher than the rest… will look into it!

Both Blackened Plate Helm and Blackened Plate Armor can be looted by killing the Quartermaster in the Fampyr/Undead "castle" in the island in the South-West corner of the map.

Cheers, look forward to hunting those down.

The Sanguine Greatsword is NE of Crookspur, in the NW sector of the map but much further south than Nemnok's Island. :)

I got Eccea's Arcane Blaster from a named character in a Collapsed Coal Mine on an island between Motare o Kozi and Bekarna's Observatory, almost exactly NE of Neketaka.

I actually forgot this one because someone in my party would always end up injured trying to cross the jungle before reaching the Collapsed Coal Mine, I then decided to eventually visit it later. I went back to it now and found the unique pistol (a bit underwhelmed it is more like a wand), thanks for the heads up.

Looks like I have everything covered aside from The Red Hand: still no clues about its whereabouts, would be great to use it on the MC (Dragon's Dowry is already on Maia, and I am just not a fan of the two other unique arquebuses, Blightheart and Three Bells Through). 

Edited by Naito

I have both, but unfortunately do not remember exactly much where I got them: I know the belt I had it in my stash for a long time, perhaps it was obtained just by questing in Neketaka.
Blightheart is rather uneventful how it is obtained: you loot it from a Wrecked Ship (or similar) on an souther island, if I am not mistaken in the middle.

Sorry for not being able to provide more specific coordinates!

Edited by Naito

To get the Devil of Caroc breastplate though I believe you needed to prevent the Devil of Caroc from killing and get the ending where she is torn apart by the villagers rather than the comfy ending where she finds peace and walks into the sea.

You mean it depends on the ending in pillars of eternity 1 the white march if the armour is sold or not?

You mean it depends on the ending in pillars of eternity 1 the white march if the armour is sold or not?

I did not import a savegame from PoE 1 but generated one in Deadfire where I picked she killed Harmke. Never found the breastplate in my playthrough.

As feliznav said, it is most certain you have to let her spare the guy so that she gets hammered by the villagers (and eventually ends up as a breastplate in Periki's Overlook).

I went to the Fampyr cave (Cave of Trashing) NE of Crookspur and waited until the 16th. However nothing happens then. Is there something else I have to do to make the Sanguine great sword appear?

The blackened plate and helm (forget what they're called) are both found in the same room after a named Fampyr fight in the Splintered Reef in the far SE corner of the world map. It's not the boss fight but shortly before that

• Like 1

I went to the Fampyr cave (Cave of Trashing) NE of Crookspur and waited until the 16th. However nothing happens then. Is there something else I have to do to make the Sanguine great sword appear?

It's the Altar on the same island you need to go to on the 16th for the Sanguine Blade, not the cave. :)

I got the hearth defender's scale...trying hard to remember where I got it....It's most certainly a quest, and something involving a family(it has family bond ability and I recall that making sense) you have to reunite. pretty certain it's that acolyte of nemnok you gotta rescue, Quest is "Nemnok the devourer", let me know if that was it

got everything except the red hand now too...wondering where that is hidden

btw pale hide + whitewitch mask or serpent crown make for great style :p

Edited by Miro

So is the Sanguine blade in Bent Bough Forest? I got the water logged journal but I don't know what to do now.

Atsura, the intelligent Psychopath of my dreams.  I like my elves grumpy and my godlike fishy!

And my Rekke romancable!

Hearth’s Defender Scale Is the reward for finishing the Nemnok quest and saving the dwarf’s son, Kaali. At least that’s how I got mine if Kaali dies no idea if you get the scale.

Kapana Taga I got from attacking a ship and taking its loot, I can’t remember what ship but I know it was cruising around the islands in the Far East. Only reason I remember this is that I was perplexed when I got as it didn’t come off a native ship, it dropped from either a Valian, Principi, or Royal Dreadfire company ship and I had no idea what it was doing there.

The Sanguine blade is indeed in the Bent Bough Forest on the island with the ancient vampires. You need to go into the forest on the 16th day of the month and observe the ritual wait till they bust out the sword and go to town on the cultists holding it.

Edited by feliznav
  • Like 3