[bug] Crash to desktop when swapping party-members

Kenji

Question

Description:

Steps to Reproduce the Issue:

1. Go out to the open seas by ship

2. Open Party windows, dismiss companions and swap them out with other companions in the reserves

3. Sometimes it crashes my game (more than once), sometimes the game lags a bit and continued on smoothly.

Important Files:

Output Log

Attached

System Specs

Attached

Screenshots

Attached

Side Note:

My computer's system language is in Mandarin Chinese, and some of the logs have diagnostics saved in Chinese. I can attempt to translate them to the best of my abilities:

Output Log (last few repeating lines in Chinese):

"Attempting to store in incorrect address"

DxDiag.txt

output_log.txt

post-91496-0-09529500-1526019507_thumb.jpg

*throws smoke bombs in the thread and vanishes into the dark corners of the forums*

11 answers to this question

While on a world map I chose to do some changes in my party (changing some items). I first chose Aloth and replaced him with Kana's sister <which was almost nude (she had her arquebus and asome random armor)>. I've added her her own armor and maybe another item. Then I wanted to place Aloth back in my party and the game crashed. The exchange took place in the last party slot and after leaving Neketaka, not sure if those are relevant. I was able to reproduce the crash a few times with 100% repro rate.

STR:
1. Load the last savegame
2. Open Party manager
3. Remove Aloth and add Maia
4. Close party manager
5. Press I
6. Change Maia's current armor to her original ("Strój strzelca wyborowego" in PL) - required!!!
7. Open Party manager again.
8. Remove her from party
9. Add Aloth instead
10 Save the party composition - let it crash! let it cra-ash!

I'm attaching the screenshot, logs and the savegame. Output log is quite large (70+) but I played almost half of a day.

Edited by Dana

Ah, forgot to add - last entries in outputlog are written in Polish - Próbowano uzyskać dostęp do nieprawidłowego adresu.' (Address: 00007FF69AD63E3C) means Tried to access invalid address. Looks like a memory issue.

Edited by Dana

Crash happened soon after I aquired Serafen. I had 5 party-members before aquireing him, one of them a custom-made sidekick. I tried swapping in Serafen to the party after dismissing the custom sidekick. The game crashed as soon as I clicked accept.

Reproduce:

1. Load up savegame.

2. While in ship world-map mode enter the equip-display for the party and replace the  custom sidekicks magic gear with mundane ones.

3. Exit the equip-display for the party. and enter the companion-swap display.

4. Dismiss the custom sidekick and recruit Serafen.

5. Click accept and observe the crash.

2018-05-13_160820.zip

DxDiag.txt

Agamemnon (646550da-faaa-45d9-9c7b-e22bebb34617) autosave_1.zip

Edited by EmilAmundsen

I encountered an interesting CTD bug when playing PoE2.  So the setup is this: I'm on the world map in my ship, and I want to put some of my spare gear on some of my spare party members.  I kick out Xoti and Maia and bring in Aloth and Pellagrina... and it's fine.  Then once I've finished moving over the gear, I kick Aloth and Pellagrina back off my party and try to bring Xoti and Maia back and boom, crash to desktop, every single time.

This is a repeatable, reproducible crash that happens every time I try to move people onto and off of my party more than once.  The game instantly crashes and I have to start from a previous save.

I have attached the error log in the hopes it would be helpful for determining what happened.  I see a lot of null reference exceptions in there... maybe there are pointer issues at play?  I can do some further testing to see.

I've merged three threads that seemed to be on the same issue.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Hello. I'm sorry you've run into this issue. Is there any way you can attach your crash.dmp files to this post if you encounter this issue again? Our programming team is requesting them to hopefully get a fix in for this issue. We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for any further assistance you can provide.

--Doug.

I was at Sea shortly after completing Poko Kahara doing some Party management, mostly to allocate some new inventory items to my mostly-inactive party members.

I was able to swap one 4 out, and 4 in once, but then afterwards, swapping them around again, results in a crash. Game was Paused, that might be a factor, not sure.

I've uploaded a ZIP file here: https://ufile.io/a780r

which contains the Savegame file just before the crash, the crash files, and a screenshot of the point where it crashed.