Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Definitive FAQ on Beraths Blessings

#Berath #Blessings #Beraths Blessings #Deadfire #Character Creation #New Game

• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

Yonjuro

Yonjuro

(7) Enchanter

• Members
  • 861 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

I hope someone finds this info useful, it was a pain putting it together but I feel like it was worth it.

Very useful. Thanks Karkarov for this absolute tour de force of a forum post!

• Karkarov likes this

Cerulean Shaman

Cerulean Shaman

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • Steam:Cerulean Shaman
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Wonder if these will influence achievements, i.e. can we use them and still get Triple Crown when it gets added?

Erik Dirk

Erik Dirk

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 95 posts
The +2 to skills is not just to make the game easier, it's so you can open more interactions on your second play through. They should probably Implement a second version of this that doesn't affect gameplay. I.e will +2 alchemy will affect dialogue but not potion effects.

Gitmfap

Gitmfap

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 18 posts
Where are the options that would make the next game....somehow different? This....is a weak implementation. Even if it was a dlc of....goofy stuff, give us something to spice it up. Your team is capable of more than what you provided.

Karkarov

Karkarov

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3116 posts
  • Steam:Karkarov
  • PSN Portable ID:Karkarov
  • Xbox Gamertag:Karkarov
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Watcher
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Wonder if these will influence achievements, i.e. can we use them and still get Triple Crown when it gets added?

I don't see why not?  They don't affect any of the current achievements.

JerekKruger

JerekKruger

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3366 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

I don't see why not? They don't affect any of the current achievements.

I wouldn't be surprised if those achievements specify not using (positive) Berath's Blessings.

PangaeaACDC

PangaeaACDC

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 361 posts
  • Steam:Kill it with fire!
  • Deadfire Backer

Thanks for putting this together, Karkarov. Looks like a massive amount of cheese, so don't want to use them, but nice to have the overview nonetheless.

• Karkarov and Anmar like this

Karkarov

Karkarov

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3116 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Watcher
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

I wouldn't be surprised if those achievements specify not using (positive) Berath's Blessings.

I would be surprised.  I have never seen a game developer spend time to build a gameplay element, and then penalize the player for using said element.  That is the definition of bad design.

Also just to be honest, other than the skill bonus, and stat bonus perks, there is nothing these perks do or give you can't already get in game anyway.

Edited by Karkarov, 17 May 2018 - 04:18 PM.

• KentDA likes this

nstgc

nstgc

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 229 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

I would be surprised.  I have never seen a game developer spend time to build a gameplay element, and then penalize the player for using said element.  That is the definition of bad design.

Also just to be honest, other than the skill bonus, and stat bonus perks, there is nothing these perks do or give you can't already get in game anyway.

The console disables achievements entirely. Just saying.

Karkarov

Karkarov

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3116 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Watcher
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

There is a difference between a gameplay element that gives you +2 all stats cause you earned a bunch of achievements, and a console command cheat that makes you unable to die, can max all your stats, give you infinite money, etc etc, and requires being enabled through text file editing.

Edited by Karkarov, 17 May 2018 - 05:25 PM.

• Vorad and KentDA like this

nstgc

nstgc

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 229 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

There is a difference between a gameplay element that gives you +2 all stats cause you earned a bunch of achievements, and a console command cheat that makes you unable to die, can max all your stats, give you infinite money, etc etc, and requires being enabled through text file editing.

Ah. I reread your post and I see. Since BoB is a reward, it counts as a gameplay element where as the console is merely a part of the game. Yes.

The console, by the way, doesn't need to be enabled. Its available by default.

• Karkarov likes this

Karkarov

Karkarov

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3116 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Watcher
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Ah. I reread your post and I see. Since BoB is a reward, it counts as a gameplay element where as the console is merely a part of the game. Yes.

The console, by the way, doesn't need to be enabled. Its available by default.

I was thinking Eternity 1 for some reason, but yeah you are right, no need to use a text edit this time.

JerekKruger

JerekKruger

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3366 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!
In PoE the console is enabled by default as well. You can use commands like hiding helmets without disabling achievements, only ones the need iroll20s first disable achievements.

Achilles

Achilles

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3043 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Gold Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Can crewmembers reach legendary? I don't think so... It appears that master is the highest for them, and even then only crew who don't have any ranks in any other skill seem able to reach master. For example, every crew that had novice in one skill (i.e. deckhand) could not get past expert in another skill

Yeah this is true, looks like master is the top rank for regular crew, and they can only have one set skill or they wont even get that. I desperately need a new gunner, cause of their mishmash they are stuck at seasoned.
Tutorial states that crew max out at 4 (Master).

Karkarov

Karkarov

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3116 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Watcher
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

In PoE the console is enabled by default as well. You can use commands like hiding helmets without disabling achievements, only ones the need iroll20s first disable achievements.

True but you can also hide helmets in the ui itself now.

Boeroer

Boeroer

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 13938 posts
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!
Not nerdy enough!
  • Vorad likes this

PugPug

PugPug

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 298 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Hm for some reason two achievements are not unlocking for me tonight. Recruit all the companions and put a crew member in all ship slots. Do I need to do something special, or is it being weird for some reason?

nstgc

nstgc

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 229 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Hm for some reason two achievements are not unlocking for me tonight. Recruit all the companions and put a crew member in all ship slots. Do I need to do something special, or is it being weird for some reason?

Could you post screen shots of both your companion roster and ship?

• Karkarov likes this

PugPug

PugPug

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 298 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Could you post screen shots of both your companion roster and ship?

Hah I just noticed I don't have Tekehu! :facepalm:

What's wrong with the ship? I need to fill in the resting spots?

https://i.imgur.com/PnjjX6j.jpg

Casper

Casper

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 250 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Does anyone know where I can check what my captain rank is?

It is on the ship menu, the weird icon under your portrait. 

No stars is unskilled, one star is novice, two stars is journeyman, three stars is expert, four stars is master, four stars with a large center star is legendary, and at least for captains there is a sixth rank that is a large blue star with five small green stars.  Let's call it Legendary Master Captain for now :p.

to my best recollection, my character has a green star surrounded by silver ones as her captain's rank... or am i just remembering it wrong? though i'm pretty sure i'm not.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: #Berath, #Blessings, #Beraths Blessings, #Deadfire, #Character Creation, #New Game

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users