The console disables achievements entirely. Just saying.

There is a difference between a gameplay element that gives you +2 all stats cause you earned a bunch of achievements, and a console command cheat that makes you unable to die, can max all your stats, give you infinite money, etc etc, and requires being enabled through text file editing.

Ah. I reread your post and I see. Since BoB is a reward, it counts as a gameplay element where as the console is merely a part of the game. Yes.

The console, by the way, doesn't need to be enabled. Its available by default.

• Like 1

Ah. I reread your post and I see. Since BoB is a reward, it counts as a gameplay element where as the console is merely a part of the game. Yes.

The console, by the way, doesn't need to be enabled. Its available by default.

I was thinking Eternity 1 for some reason, but yeah you are right, no need to use a text edit this time.

Can crewmembers reach legendary? I don't think so... It appears that master is the highest for them, and even then only crew who don't have any ranks in any other skill seem able to reach master. For example, every crew that had novice in one skill (i.e. deckhand) could not get past expert in another skill

Yeah this is true, looks like master is the top rank for regular crew, and they can only have one set skill or they wont even get that. I desperately need a new gunner, cause of their mishmash they are stuck at seasoned.
Tutorial states that crew max out at 4 (Master).

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

In PoE the console is enabled by default as well. You can use commands like hiding helmets without disabling achievements, only ones the need iroll20s first disable achievements.

True but you can also hide helmets in the ui itself now.

Hm for some reason two achievements are not unlocking for me tonight. Recruit all the companions and put a crew member in all ship slots. Do I need to do something special, or is it being weird for some reason?

Hm for some reason two achievements are not unlocking for me tonight. Recruit all the companions and put a crew member in all ship slots. Do I need to do something special, or is it being weird for some reason?

Could you post screen shots of both your companion roster and ship?

• Like 1

Hah I just noticed I don't have Tekehu! :facepalm:

What's wrong with the ship? I need to fill in the resting spots?

https://i.imgur.com/PnjjX6j.jpg

Does anyone know where I can check what my captain rank is?

It is on the ship menu, the weird icon under your portrait. 

No stars is unskilled, one star is novice, two stars is journeyman, three stars is expert, four stars is master, four stars with a large center star is legendary, and at least for captains there is a sixth rank that is a large blue star with five small green stars.  Let's call it Legendary Master Captain for now :p.

to my best recollection, my character has a green star surrounded by silver ones as her captain's rank... or am i just remembering it wrong? though i'm pretty sure i'm not.

Yesterday, upon the stair, I met a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today, I wish, I wish he'd go away... -Hughes Mearns

Quick question. Do you earn these bonus points only once, or can you re-earn them in subsequent play-throughs?

Only once, but they aren't lost when used for a playthrough e.g. if you have 9 and you spend 5 to unlock the unique item vendor in Port Maje then next time you start a game you'll still have 9 (or more if you've unlocked more achievements).

• Like 2

to my best recollection, my character has a green star surrounded by silver ones as her captain's rank... or am i just remembering it wrong? though i'm pretty sure i'm not.

Could be, color is subjective :p.

Point is "big colored star surrounded by other smaller colored stars" is max rank.  Though what that actually gets you is debatable.  According to the tutorial (which I don't remember ever seeing) some have said it is just initiative deciding who goes first.  If so, the last two ranks are pointless cause I have only seen more than a master captain once.

Edited by Karkarov

Hah I just noticed I don't have Tekehu! :facepalm:

What's wrong with the ship? I need to fill in the resting spots?

https://i.imgur.com/PnjjX6j.jpg

Yes, you need to fill ALL slots, even the resting spots.

• Like 1

Could be, color is subjective :p.

Point is "big colored star surrounded by other smaller colored stars" is max rank.  Though what that actually gets you is debatable.  According to the tutorial (which I don't remember ever seeing) some have said it is just initiate deciding who goes first.  If so, the last two ranks are pointless cause I have only seen more than a master captain once.

Josh also confirmed on his tumblr that captain rank decides who goes first each round (can't get access to tumblr from where I am, so no link, sorry).

Edited by Doppelschwert

Josh also confirmed on his tumblr that captain rank decides who goes first each round (can't get access to tumblr from where I am, so no link, sorry).

That is a massively lame bonus considering how few captains there are above expert.

• Like 3

Quick question. Do you earn these bonus points only once, or can you re-earn them in subsequent play-throughs?

Only once, but they aren't lost when used for a playthrough e.g. if you have 9 and you spend 5 to unlock the unique item vendor in Port Maje then next time you start a game you'll still have 9 (or more if you've unlocked more achievements).

Got it. Thank you. You don't "spend" the Blessings. Cool.

Can anyone check if you respec your main character, does the blessing gets removed or not?

For some reason it gets removed for me.

Well they are all considered character abilities so they shouldn't be effected.  I would bug report it if you lost them.

Does anyone know where I can check what my captain rank is?

It is on the ship menu, the weird icon under your portrait. 

No stars is unskilled, one star is novice, two stars is journeyman, three stars is expert, four stars is master, four stars with a large center star is legendary, and at least for captains there is a sixth rank that is a large blue star with five small green stars.  Let's call it Legendary Master Captain for now :p.

Oh I finally know what meaning about that symbol. Help me a lot and thank you.

• Like 1

That is a massively lame bonus considering how few captains there are above expert.

Yeah, it'd be nice if it provided a small bonuses to all other crew on the ship or something similar.

then it must not work all the time... there were a few occasions when at max captain rank with a faster ship versus a vastly inferior captain, i still didn't get the wind advantage. though it didn't seem to matter as i had better cannons, and gunners.

• Like 2

Yesterday, upon the stair, I met a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today, I wish, I wish he'd go away... -Hughes Mearns