Spellblade doesn't get sleight of hand- its coming from a background, which is why it isn't getting the bonus.  No bug.

Check the pictures I added to my previous post. It says sleight of hand comes from Rogue. But I know what you are talking about, the wiki says rogues get insight instead.

One way or another, there is definitely a bug there.

Honestly I think the bug is that it doesn't work as the tool tip states.  As a singe class you would get +8 total skill points from this perk, think about it.  If it did give you a sleight of hand bonus too you would be getting +18 skill points from this one perk.  Also mage/rogue probably shouldn't be getting 9 skills, it should be 8 at most as each single class only gets 4.

Edit - actually let me fact check something in game then will edit this post as needed.

Yes, it's unfair with single class characters. It should double the skill points, not add 2 to each one.

Edited by InsaneCommander
  • Like 1

sign.jpg

I think they are cool since they make skill checks easier to do.

But yeah, I counted as max amount of berath's boons being 79 which is one or two below having all boons activated at same time. Not sure if that is accident or not, but yeah I think you are always one boon short from having all of them on same time

These Blessings points are per-character, correct? In other words, you get the full set of Blessings points you’ve earned via achievements each time you start a new character/run-through.

Nowhere does it explicitly say that they’re not a finite amount - spend them and they’re gone forever - but I want to be sure.

Thanks!

Yeah I wonder as well, when I start a new game, use these blessings and then start yet another game, will I still have the same amount of blessings to use?

Also I do wonder what made them add this system, when there is not a new game+ option. I actually wanted to start over again today, and use these blessings, but I think  I might refrain from this until the difficulty issues are patched. :)

I actually like this better than New Game+. New Game+ only really makes sense if you use the same character again (like you would in a JRPG), but if I was to make a new play through it would be an "evil" run.

• Like 1

very very useful ! Thank you very much ! 

But I have a question : When I start a new game , it show blessing of berath 4/4 right . When I click on that window , and click on anything..it become 1/4 and for some reasons , I can't go back to 4/4 . 

Any idea ? bug maybe ? 

• Like 1
I'll bet ye've got all sorts o' barmy questions! (She mimics your heroic stance) Greetin's, I have some questions... can ye tell me about this place? Who's the Lady o' Pain? I'm lookin' fer the magic Girdle of Swank Iron, have ye seen it? Do ye know where a portal ta the 2,817th Plane o' the Abyss might be? Do ye know where the Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum is?

Elderly Hive Dweller

But I have a question : When I start a new game , it show blessing of berath 4/4 right . When I click on that window , and click on anything..it become 1/4 and for some reasons , I can't go back to 4/4 . 

Any idea ? bug maybe ? 

Just click the blessing you picked again to uncheck it and you will be straight back at 4/4

Yeah I wonder as well, when I start a new game, use these blessings and then start yet another game, will I still have the same amount of blessings to use?

Also I do wonder what made them add this system, when there is not a new game+ option. I actually wanted to start over again today, and use these blessings, but I think  I might refrain from this until the difficulty issues are patched. :)

You will keep the same blessings. It doesnt cost blessings to use them when you start a game. Its permanently unlocked. So if you for some reason want to play 3 games at once, all 3 games will have the same amount of blessings available if you start them one after another,

• Like 1

Any idea ? bug maybe ? 

Just click the blessing you picked again to uncheck it and you will be straight back at 4/4

You will keep the same blessings. It doesnt cost blessings to use them when you start a game. Its permanently unlocked. So if you for some reason want to play 3 games at once, all 3 games will have the same amount of blessings available if you start them one after another,

I can't . That's what I'm saying..

I'll bet ye've got all sorts o' barmy questions! (She mimics your heroic stance) Greetin's, I have some questions... can ye tell me about this place? Who's the Lady o' Pain? I'm lookin' fer the magic Girdle of Swank Iron, have ye seen it? Do ye know where a portal ta the 2,817th Plane o' the Abyss might be? Do ye know where the Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum is?

Elderly Hive Dweller

Any idea ? bug maybe ? 

Sounds like a bug.

The +2 Bonus to class skills applies to your allies, too. It's actually very potent, and totally worth taking.

attachicon.gifss+(2018-05-14+at+02.46.59).jpg

It is actually OP as heck.  It should by all rights be more like 10 points, certainly more than 3.

I think they are cool since they make skill checks easier to do.

But yeah, I counted as max amount of berath's boons being 79 which is one or two below having all boons activated at same time. Not sure if that is accident or not, but yeah I think you are always one boon short from having all of them on same time

Not exactly a penalty.  I am pretty sure I can handle not having the bonus 5k copper, just saying :p.

Can you post a screenshot of it?  Like was mentioned before you should just be able to unclick the highlighted blessing.  So yeah, it may be a bug.

But yes, for those who asked, your points are not "used up" when you actually pick one.  You can use your current point freely on every new game you play.

They announced Berath's blessings like some cool bonuses for next playthrough like keeping favourite weapon from the last character or such. They said that Berath's blessing could work as some kind of special rules, to make game harder for certain benefits. It sounded interesting. Some additional challenge for benefits or for sake of challenge. Like playing Dishonored without Outsider's powers or playing Baldur's Gate without save scumming. It would be cool to have special modifiers to make game harder in trade for special bonuses.

• Like 1

giphy.gif

The +2 to skills is not just to make the game easier, it's so you can open more interactions on your second play through. They should probably Implement a second version of this that doesn't affect gameplay. I.e will +2 alchemy will affect dialogue but not potion effects.

Where are the options that would make the next game....somehow different? This....is a weak implementation. Even if it was a dlc of....goofy stuff, give us something to spice it up. Your team is capable of more than what you provided.

Wonder if these will influence achievements, i.e. can we use them and still get Triple Crown when it gets added?

I don't see why not?  They don't affect any of the current achievements.

Wonder if these will influence achievements, i.e. can we use them and still get Triple Crown when it gets added?

I don't see why not? They don't affect any of the current achievements.

I wouldn't be surprised if those achievements specify not using (positive) Berath's Blessings.

I wouldn't be surprised if those achievements specify not using (positive) Berath's Blessings.

I would be surprised.  I have never seen a game developer spend time to build a gameplay element, and then penalize the player for using said element.  That is the definition of bad design.

Also just to be honest, other than the skill bonus, and stat bonus perks, there is nothing these perks do or give you can't already get in game anyway.

Edited by Karkarov
  • Like 1

I would be surprised.  I have never seen a game developer spend time to build a gameplay element, and then penalize the player for using said element.  That is the definition of bad design.

Also just to be honest, other than the skill bonus, and stat bonus perks, there is nothing these perks do or give you can't already get in game anyway.

The console disables achievements entirely. Just saying.

The console disables achievements entirely. Just saying.

There is a difference between a gameplay element that gives you +2 all stats cause you earned a bunch of achievements, and a console command cheat that makes you unable to die, can max all your stats, give you infinite money, etc etc, and requires being enabled through text file editing.

Edited by Karkarov
  • Like 2