I'm at 61 or 63 blessings without having "platinumed" the game. I imagine with all the achievements you can get all the blessings.

Oh, by the way, the sails upgrade seems to come with a hull upgrade too: Improved Warship Reinforcements, +15 hull health.

Edited by omgFIREBALLS
  • Like 2

My Deadfire mods
Out With The Good: The mod for tidying up your Deadfire combat tooltip.
Waukeen's Berth: Make all your basic purchases at Queen's Berth.
Carrying Voice: Wider chanter invocations.
Nemnok's Congregation: Lets all priests express their true faith.

Deadfire skill check catalogue right here!

I'm at 61 or 63 blessings without having "platinumed" the game. I imagine with all the achievements you can get all the blessings.

Oh, by the way, the sails upgrade seems to come with a hull upgrade too: Improved Warship Reinforcements, +15 hull health.

Lol funny, the one upgrade I thought was straight forward enough to not personally test in game was not clear either.

• Like 5

Nice, I was curious about the vendor's item list, it's a bit boring but oh well. Those Firethrower's Gloves look pretty sick for an Evoker though, imagine a Nature Godlike Evoker empowering a missile spell, that's gonna be a lot of missiles.

Thanks for that! Does anyone know what the benefits of being an expert rank captain is?

I don't know specifically what it does, as the crew ranks have no tool tips or real explanation in game.  Someone would have to dive into actual game files to find out.  That said, I believe it just gives a bonus to all crew actions.  Just so you know, this is a pretty lack luster bonus.  Expert is only the third rank, novice being the first, and seasoned being the second.  It is not very hard at all to reach this rank in game through normal means.  To give you an idea, I am a Master Captain (the highest rank) and I have sunk maybe... 10-13 ships, and explored less than half the map.

My Deadfire mods

Yeah, Legendary is also not the last rank.  Well maybe it is for normal crew, but there is one rank past that for captains, I know because I am that rank.  It is odd that the achievement also calls it "master captain" but technically master is rank 4 not 6.

I thought all the achievements were shown in the menu screen. Some are hidden until unlocked? Are any tied to difficulty?

Nope, only to story. Just avoiding spoilers.

My Deadfire mods

Does anyone know where I can check what my captain rank is?

It is on the ship menu, the weird icon under your portrait. 

No stars is unskilled, one star is novice, two stars is journeyman, three stars is expert, four stars is master, four stars with a large center star is legendary, and at least for captains there is a sixth rank that is a large blue star with five small green stars.  Let's call it Legendary Master Captain for now :p.

• Like 3

Nice. Thanks. My current game kind of broke (PC is always flanked everywhere even in cities or on ship and it can't be removed), but I'd like to keep going until its fixed. If I set the difficulty to story mode will I still get these cheese points so that when the hot fixes and patches come out I can make a real play through with extra stuff?

Nice. Thanks. My current game kind of broke (PC is always flanked everywhere even in cities or on ship and it can't be removed), but I'd like to keep going until its fixed. If I set the difficulty to story mode will I still get these cheese points so that when the hot fixes and patches come out I can make a real play through with extra stuff?

Difficulty setting shouldn't have any bearing on your ability to earn achievements, other than achievements based on the difficulty.  Which right now... I don't think there are any.

I found a bug with the +2 skill Blessing. When I play as an Assassin/Evoker I get the bonus for 9 of the 10 skills from my classes. Sleight of hand doesn't get it.

I'll report it in the right forum, but if anyone creates a rogue and uses this blessing, please check to see if it happens.

Edit: it happened again, with another character of the same classes:

Skill1.png

Skill2.png

Skill3.png

Edited by InsaneCommander

sign.jpg

Can crewmembers reach legendary? I don't think so... It appears that master is the highest for them, and even then only crew who don't have any ranks in any other skill seem able to reach master. For example, every crew that had novice in one skill (i.e. deckhand) could not get past expert in another skill

• Like 1

Can crewmembers reach legendary? I don't think so... It appears that master is the highest for them, and even then only crew who don't have any ranks in any other skill seem able to reach master. For example, every crew that had novice in one skill (i.e. deckhand) could not get past expert in another skill

Yeah this is true, looks like master is the top rank for regular crew, and they can only have one set skill or they wont even get that.  I desperately need a new gunner, cause of their mishmash they are stuck at seasoned.

• Like 1

Yeah this is true, looks like master is the top rank for regular crew, and they can only have one set skill or they wont even get that. I desperately need a new gunner, cause of their mishmash they are stuck at seasoned.

You mean cannoneers? You start off with one (his name is like Vanizzi or something similar) but I've only been able to hire one or two others who didn't already start with another skill. I've not found any pure helmsman but Worthless Idiot (the imp outside Arkemyr's manor) can become a master navigator, so he's not that worthless after all funny enough

• Like 2

I found a bug with the +2 skill Blessing. When I play as an Assassin/Evoker I get the bonus for 9 of the 10 skills from my classes. Sleight of hand doesn't get it.

I'll report it in the right forum, but if anyone creates a rogue and uses this blessing, please check to see if it happens.

Honestly I think the bug is that it doesn't work as the tool tip states.  As a singe class you would get +10 total skill points from this perk, think about it.  If you really got +2 from each skill you would be getting +20 skill points.  OP much?

Edit: Yeah confirmed in game, sleight of hand is coming from rogue.  Also it is 5 skills per class I was being dumb.

Edited by Karkarov