Power Virus room - The hanging sepulchers

M4xw0lf

Question

Greetings.

I ran into my weirdest Deadfire issue yet while clearing the hanging sepulchers on the hunt for Yseyr's eulogy. 

Upon entering the western tomb, I immediately noticed low frame rate, which is strange because it's a very small map of just the one room. 

I suspect the four burning braziers in the room as the source of the issue. 

Not a big problem so far, but: after spending a few minutes in the room, my PC simply shut down. This happened reproducibly, and I could somewhat alleviate the issue by moving the camera so that the braziers were out of the picture, so I could kill the undead and leave the room again. 

So, apart from the issue with my PC (it shouldn't simply shut down in case of thermal problems, and I did ecperience this with The Witcher 3 before), I still am convinced that this room should be looked at, because I suspect it could cause problems for other users as well (especially when running the game on laptops, probably).

4 answers to this question

I encountered the same issue. The problem for me was actually when saving the game, while inside the tomb (I looted everything and saved before the anticipated combat).
Then reloading the save caused a hard crash.
I managed to get around this by replaying the whole dungeon (didn't have an earlier save :( ) and then dealing with the fight within the tomb in one go.

Here's a link to the save game before going into the tomb: https://drive.google.com/open?id=18o2l7y_SUbygbUlHpNyripCYjVwPyLRh

Greetings.

I ran into my weirdest Deadfire issue yet while clearing the hanging sepulchers on the hunt for Yseyr's eulogy. 

Upon entering the western tomb, I immediately noticed low frame rate, which is strange because it's a very small map of just the one room. 

I suspect the four burning braziers in the room as the source of the issue. 

Not a big problem so far, but: after spending a few minutes in the room, my PC simply shut down. This happened reproducibly, and I could somewhat alleviate the issue by moving the camera so that the braziers were out of the picture, so I could kill the undead and leave the room again. 

So, apart from the issue with my PC (it shouldn't simply shut down in case of thermal problems, and I did ecperience this with The Witcher 3 before), I still am convinced that this room should be looked at, because I suspect it could cause problems for other users as well (especially when running the game on laptops, probably).

Same here! I never thought the braziers to be the source of the problem. I'd hate to tell you how much I spent troubleshooting, reinstalling my OS, etc.

I happened to work around the issue by setting my graphics settings to a windowed mode lower than my maximum resolution and turning all graphics options off. Glad to hear you found the root cause, and here's to hoping Oblivion will implement a fix.