For the Republics! - quest bugged?

Murklight

Question

Not sure if this quest is bugged. The quest was given by Nirro in Neketaka to make contact with VTC headquarters in Queen's Berth.

Once there, I met with the director at the VTC offices (Lueva Alvari). Exhaused the dialog options but then nothing.

In my quest log I have only one step completed for this quest but it's showing as finished (greyed out).

I feel like Lueva has a missing dialog option.

2 answers to this question

I have encountered the same bug, and i think that i can give a little more info about how it has come to happen. In my case, after receiving the quest from Nirro i didn't go to met Alvari straight away, and instead i started to explore the archipelago. When i finally meet Alvari, i had just completed The Storms of Poko Kohara quest; in fact, i went to see Alvari expecting to receive a payment for fixing the luminous Adra pillar, but instead i was received by the broken conversation. 

I investigated the issue and assumed that the problem was that i had completed The Storms of Poko Kohara before talking with Alvari and thus getting Terms of Trade, but even after loading a save in which i hadn't completed The Storms of Poko Kohara yet (one in which i was just before jumping into the corrupted adra pillar) the dialogue didn't work. My guess is that there is a broken string that breaks the dialogue with Alvari (and the whole Valian questline) if you start or complete The Storms of Poko Kohara before talking to her.

A side note: The equivalent mission from the RDC side does work even if you have started The Storms of Poko Kohara.

I'm also attaching a zip folder which includes a save game in which the bug can be reproduced (just before talking to Alvari), as well as the game log, and two images in which the difference between a bugged and non-bugged conversation can be seen.

Zip folder

I hope this helps