The Barbarian corpse-eater subclass is thematically interesting but mechanically not great at the moment. The biggest problem is that their drawback is gigantic. +1 Rage cost means that you are significantly more limited in ability usage compared to a no-subclass barbarian. In addition, Flesh Communion is limited to 2/encounter. While this will get you 6 more rage if you can do it, it has a cast time and recovery all on its own. If you're not fighting things you can eat, it's completely worthless, but that's the expected downside to the subclass.

Attempting to address the easier parts of this, I took a look at altering Flesh Communion, and I noticed it's quite odd. It's defined as having 1 use per encounter, but in-game shows as 2. If I overwrite the entire ability, it ends up with one more use than whatever I specify. Attempting to make it free is also a no-go, because the Corpse-eater subclass causes it to then cost 1 rage.

This leaves me with the following questions:

1. Does anyone know why Flesh Communion gets an extra use automatically?
  2. Is is possible to exempt things from resource cost adjustments? Most other things that do this only do so for a sub-category, so I don't know if "exclude" is a possibility.

barbarians in general seem to be lacking imo

carnage's dmg isnt anything special against enemies(but it will hurt YOUR TEAM a LOT as a zerker) the speed up from frenzy isnt that big considering we usually need heavy-medium armor to make up for that not amazing deflection(they REALLY should have access to that fighter passive that lessens the effect of armor on speed, or some variation of it)

i'd like to learn how to edit all of this, also i'd like to know where u got this about its costs/usage? what file is it in? abilities.gamedatabindle?

as for exempting it? i remember finding the cost of a cipher ability in abilities.gamedatabundle so maybe look there?

also some summons have infinite use abiltiies(literally have the infinity icon) so if u could somehow find a way to copy that characteristic from those summoned creature's abilities into others that'd solve ur issue

I think the answer to one of my questions was hidden in the other.

Flesh Communion gets that extra use from the "ModifyResourceCost" effect of their subclass. It seems like that effect just adds to the "cost" value on class skills, but on abilities that are per encounter that value is instead uses and not cost.

For the other part, it seems that the engine does not like class skills with unlimited uses. Defining it as not a class skill seems to work, but I'll probably have to do more testing before I can say it doesn't horribly break things. Thankfully, no enemies use this skill or any of these effects, so there's nothing to worry about on that front.