Isn't there an upgrade for SI that makes you come back at full health if SI kills you?

Yes, but that's IX level upgrade so only available for pure Paladins. I wonder what could prevent you from dying on Paladin Multi.

I have few ideas for it:

1. Fighter/Paladin with Unbending + Unbreakable

2. Priest Barring the Death's Door

3. Chanter Mercy and Kindness + Lay on Hands + Moonlike Passive healing.

Well, Kaylon just stated that the ability get its downside boosted by power level. Until that's fixed, I doubt this build is worth the effort. Priest barring death works really well because of its nearly instantaneous cast. With 20 int, it's almost 15 seconds. Damage isn't much to write home about either, around 60ish at level 20 (non-empowered, priest/pally combo). 

Finally a reason to play a max CON paladin! :biggrin:

If con worked. Con only increase base hp, not the hp you get from lev ups. so for paladin/fighter its 42 base and 12 evry level with 20con (+50%hp) thats +21hp total. compare to the 12hp per lev it´s nothing. If con affected lev up hp at lev 20 it coud be (42+(12*20))*1.5=423 compare to 282 with 10con. If its 161 when activated + 161 2 more times that total 483. Maby if you activate then activate second wind and then lay on hands you coud survive it.

But you prob (hopefully) have a few dudes hiting you. Better route is prob go Shieldbereers of st.elcga and go LoH route. Same as befor simply don´t activate second wind and instead lay of hands first and then second wind.

But with the current con system most will prob not get higher then 280hp (if they don´t find alot of hp items) and then 161+161 after 3sec is enuff to kill anyone. So only way to get around it woud be ressurect abilities. Unbreakable, fighters tree seems like a good fit (don´t demand casting a spell so easy to execute). 

But this all pointless becuse the skill dose less to enemies compare to yourself and only fire damage....so thats maby 130? fire damage in a 2.5m around you. Prob better to empower a healing spell to let you survive lol.

After testing it out, all I can say is, it's really hard to keep yourself alive. Assuming you went full pally, you honestly cannot use empowered SI safely till PL9. One CC and it's goodbye to you. Plus the death barring buff doesn't seem to appear properly on my pally when I cast LoH.

My first character was a single class paladin that I intended to use SI with. I ended up restarting on potd because veteran was too easy, but my plan was to use a chanter with "Old Siec would not Rest" and maybe also "Mercy and Kindness" to just lifesteal my way through the damage, plus a priest for backup. I think it could work.

My first character was a single class paladin that I intended to use SI with. I ended up restarting on potd because veteran was too easy, but my plan was to use a chanter with "Old Siec would not Rest" and maybe also "Mercy and Kindness" to just lifesteal my way through the damage, plus a priest for backup. I think it could work.

It would probably work one day, but it seems that currently the self damage scaling is broken.