Items with odd stats: Saru-Sichr, Whispers of the Endless Paths, Watershaper's Focus

CodeNameSly

Question

Both Watershaper's Focus and Whispers of the Endless Paths seem to have incorrectly low base damage values - when compared to other instances of rods and greatswords, respectively.

Saru-Sichr has an enchantment for 0 corrode damage.

Not sure if these are just display errors or in the actual combat stats, haven't had a chance to test.

post-194158-0-15061200-1526181833_thumb.jpg

post-194158-0-72572200-1526181838_thumb.jpg

post-194158-0-81910100-1526181844_thumb.jpg

post-194158-0-68701000-1526181849_thumb.jpg

post-194158-0-66688800-1526181853_thumb.jpg

6 answers to this question

Watershaper's Focus and Whispers of the Endless Paths have an unique AOE/bouncing attack. I am pretty sure that the lower damage is intentional, to balance the weapons out. Same lower damage on the unique poleaxe? that also does an AOE attack.

Maybe I'm mistaken here, but don't these descriptions get auto-generated based on the stats of the item in the game files? Otherwise it will be a true nightmare to maintain them throughout the patching process. But if that is the case I don't understand why errors like this pops up. Is it because the effect is so unique? Or maybe the effects itself (poison dipped) is incorrectly set somewhere?

Maybe I'm mistaken here, but don't these descriptions get auto-generated based on the stats of the item in the game files? Otherwise it will be a true nightmare to maintain them throughout the patching process. But if that is the case I don't understand why errors like this pops up. Is it because the effect is so unique? Or maybe the effects itself (poison dipped) is incorrectly set somewhere?

This was touched upon in the twitch stream.  In any event, IIRC, they /are/ generated from game engine data, so even though it says 0.00, it probably is something else, like 3 or 6 or whatever it's supposed to be.  They didn't say this, specifically, but it sounds like the bug is in translating the value to the item description, not in the description, or item value themselves.

Someone feel free to step in and clarify/correct this if I'm inaccurate.

Hope this helps,

I don't know if this particular item has been fixed, but I'm pointing it out anyway:

The hatchet Vion-ceth has the property Hewing Step that says "+15 All Defenses against Plant attacks while above 0% Health." Two of its upgrades, Green Blooded and Grove Step, have the same issue.