Iron Gut quest bug

Telwath

Question

I talked to Pietro at King's Coffin and was asked to "Speak to Rosenella" at the Radiant Court. However, when I talked to her, there was no dialogue option concerning the quest.

While exploring Dunnage, I had found all of the ingredients which were required for the next stage of the quest - before talking to Rosenella.

I could even return to Pietro, give him the ingredients and receive the gem. However the quest log would not mark the task as completed.

8 answers to this question

You can't find the last ingredient untill you have the following up quest from the girl, so it's not the fact that you picked up the ingredients before. I did the same, and got the following up nontheles. Must be something else. As fore what ... well just have to wait for obsidian to deign answer. Otherwise I guess you're screw for this quest. Don't worry, it'll not be the last one ...

You can't find the last ingredient untill you have the following up quest from the girl, so it's not the fact that you picked up the ingredients before. I did the same, and got the following up nontheles. Must be something else. As fore what ... well just have to wait for obsidian to deign answer. Otherwise I guess you're screw for this quest. Don't worry, it'll not be the last one ...

I actually DO have the last ingredient in my inventory. Don't know, how and where I got it. I did not buy it from Jacob though.

I actually DO have the last ingredient in my inventory. Don't know, how and where I got it. I did not buy it from Jacob though.

The last ingredient is the fire kelp extract, and what happens is you can detect the trap on the container it is in if you have high enough perception, and thus get it BEFORE you are told about it.  this breaks the quest if you already have all 3 items when you go to talk to Rosenella.  to fix it, simply reload the autosave on entering the area where rosenella is, and DON'T buy the green palm nut until after you have spoken to her.  then the quest works fine.

if you have no saves without all 3 items already in your possession, then you will have to use a console command to remove one of them, then add it back in after you speak to rosenella.  easiest if you use the console mod over at Nexus mods.

Edited by Ichthyic