Hey, I've been thinking about priest similar build to Fire Priest from poe1. I'm wondering if it's worth playing such a "caster" priest without multiclass or mix it with something for:

-more dps (Assassination rogue? With +30% sneak attack, +50% deathblows, +50% assassinate (assuming crit) for +130% damage)
or
-more healing (Lifegiver druid?)
Any thoughts? Tips are welcome! Thanks in advance!

I would assume a Priest of Magran? Single classed priests are fine. Good stuff at power levels 8 and 9.

If I were going fire themed with a Multiclass Priest, I would MC either a Paladin for FoD or Chanter for Fire Weapons and Dragons Thrashed.

I haven't mained a priest of PoE2, but I did try to set up Xoti that way. It's not really working out: thanks to the lengthier cast times, it takes a while to set up my buffs and debuffs (Interdiction takes a while now!). So much so that by the time she's done, I need to either recast expired buffs/debuffs or else heal my group up. There just isn't time in the rotation for nuking.

I have tried a DPS fire priest (Magran). It always felt a bit meh, the spells felt lacklustre compared to wizard spells and the numbers of casts and lack of flexibility to use buffs when required if you spend your abilities on direct damage spells.

A wizard you have better spells, more flexibility using grimoires and can attack at longer range to allow for added squishiness.

Will be interested to see how others make it work though as from a role play point of view I prefer priests to wizards.

After reading all these I'll probably stick to healing/buffing then. My concept was to build the same as in PoE1, but having longer cast times and with the party composition I was planing on priest would be the only healer, so it's probably better to focus him on healing/buffing and get others to DPS or even switch to Lifegiver Druid.
Thanks guys!