[release] The Bloody Blossom (new unique pollaxe)

Hi thanks a lot for your mod. Thanks to you i was able to create a book..

Now i really need your help xD

At the second item I created, it overwrite the last. And, yes, before you ask, i checked the item id...

I attached a txt with the text of what i came up with. As i said it works if i use it alone, but if i create more (or if for example i use your polearm mod and the book)  i can see only the last one that i put in the override folder :(

Also.. can you help me understand how change the store in wich the item will appear? I tried navigate the items.gamedatabundle but could not understand it 

thanks in advance

Garten

Book.txt

Also.. can you help me understand how change the store in wich the item will appear? I tried navigate the items.gamedatabundle but could not understand it 

Yea I'm also trying to get my head around how to add items to vendors (loot lists) in a way that wont cause collisions with other item mods.

For example inside the object type "Game.GameData.LootListGameData" with DebugName : "Store_05_AD_Marihi" there is a sublist for items - where the new unique poleaxe was added as an extra element. The author as a copy of the LootList object with the mod.

The issue is though if I also create a separate weapon file and have a copy of the same LootList object it will overwrite the other mod authors', I don't think the "Item" sub-list can be added too dynamically? Anyone got an ideas how this works?

I also get the feeling the DebugNames are referenced inside the game and the UUID used as pointers only on some initial load or something?

Yea I'm also trying to get my head around how to add items to vendors (loot lists) in a way that wont cause collisions with other item mods.

For example inside the object type "Game.GameData.LootListGameData" with DebugName : "Store_05_AD_Marihi" there is a sublist for items - where the new unique poleaxe was added as an extra element. The author as a copy of the LootList object with the mod.

The issue is though if I also create a separate weapon file and have a copy of the same LootList object it will overwrite the other mod authors', I don't think the "Item" sub-list can be added too dynamically? Anyone got an ideas how this works?

I also get the feeling the DebugNames are referenced inside the game and the UUID used as pointers only on some initial load or something?

Thanks, i'll try to work with that. I'll keep you updated if i find something :)

It's the other way around really, DebugNames are largely used for debugging purposes and console. The UUID is the actual "identifier" of the items. UUIDs are used for everything that is a "GameData" type (as simple as I can put it for non-programers). It ensures primarily that all specific instances of a data type (e.g. pistol A vs pistol B vs pistol C) are actually unique.

This is done because of the potential that if the engine is fed two items that are not unique (e.g. essentially identified the same way) then it will cause A. a likely game crash if the types overlapping are of different types (e.g. a weapon overlapping an NPC or spell because they operate completely differently) B. data corruption C. other unintended bugs if the data types are the same (such as items not showing up or bugs where things are missing).

Almost all modern games use some type of key system, Obsidian went with UUID (which is a very common scheme if not the most common). It just looks weird because it is being explicitly exposed to the public (for the very purposes we are talking about now) as opposed to the last game. What really needs to happen is for someone with the talent/motivation and time to create a modding tool to graphically identify and link items in plain terms for easy editing by people who otherwise wouldn't know what they are looking at.

Edited by Excerpt

• 9 months later...

https://www.nexusmods.com/pillarsofeternity2/mods/10/

adds a new item to mahiri's shop in neketaka. 

mainly posting it here so people can ask me questions on how to do stuff like this. I think it's reasonably straight forward but here's more or less what I did:

-make a new file

-copy paste an item similar to what you want to make in there

-change the debug item name and ID (I added an ff prefix and started numbering it at 001. I don't think this will overlap with anything)

-edit whatever you want

-if you want to add unique attacks or abilities, copy paste similar ones in, change their debug name and id, and link them accordingly. ctrl-F the ID's to see where they need to be linked.

-add the name and description (see bmac's thread on this same board on how to do that, or just reference my mod, be sure to give it a unique ID)

Well that was concise and efficient.

Thanks to you I've finally been able to make Swift Strikes cost Wounds instead of Mortification :)

Anyone interested, the mod's over there :

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1675965527

It's 2AM so I'm gonna sign off, but it didn't seem to cause any problem in the 10 mins of testing I gave it.