I bought a bunch of Rice and Ale at the ship supplies store, and it shows up under the Food section of my party stash.  but when I go to the ship screen, it just lists hardtack and water.  I can't figure out any way to transfer it.  Will it still get used?  How does this work?  Thanks.

• Like 1

Your party stash and the ship rations are two separate inventories. From the ship screen, it should list all usable ship items (food and drink, along with things like upgrades) in the 'Ship Equipment and Cargo' box. You have to manually move items from that area into the Food area above it to register as usable rations for the crew. 

• Like 1

Was going to say "into the bellies of your crew", but I guess not :p

As Sylph says, you can add food and drink to the top two rows in the ship UI. When you do, the counters at the top of the screen will increase as well. Food and drink is consumed from left to right from these two rows - as mentioned in one of the tutorials.

If morale is low, you can use food that increases it, by placing it in the furthest-left column.

Hopefully this made sense. It looks a bit iffy when put into words.

• Like 3

Unfortunately the posts just say the obvious with out giving any information or help. I have food in my party stash, How do i get that food  to the ship, how do i transfer items from party stash to the ship? Or do i have to carry them around all the time. So for example i have tons of food in my PS but cannot transfer it to starving ship crew mates, if that is  the case then the game mechanics are stupid  on this point. 

• Like 1

Unfortunately the posts just say the obvious with out giving any information or help. I have food in my party stash, How do i get that food  to the ship, how do i transfer items from party stash to the ship? Or do i have to carry them around all the time. So for example i have tons of food in my PS but cannot transfer it to starving ship crew mates, if that is  the case then the game mechanics are stupid  on this point. 

I listed the steps in my previous post on this thread, but if you need it illustrated:

8nCy17H.png

• Like 8

hi so the food in party stash is automatically available to the crew, OK i get it now, but it does seem convoluted

Not it’s not, you need to “assign” food for crew in ship management view (see Sylph’s post). It is done so the crew won’t eat food you want for yourself.

Thank you for this. I think this has been my problem. Good lord, this is convoluted as processes go.

Not... Really? It's no different to equipping potions to quickslots for your characters in the inventory screen, given the ship screen is just another inventory screen. I'm not sure how they could have made it easier.

The alternative (i.e. not equipping food to the ships "quick slots") would have been having no control over what food your crew eats out of your party stash. And so, say, not having a particular food available for your characters when you want the rest bonuses.

• Like 2

Also make sure he 'good' food is placed at the top otherwise they whine about only having bad stuff as I found out. Stupid crew doesn't bother looking at the back of the fridge.

Nah, don't squander all the good stuff when morale is already high. Whenever we brought down another pirate, it's hardtack and water!

• Like 1

Thank you for this. I think this has been my problem. Good lord, this is convoluted as processes go.

What's convoluted about it?

1. All food and drink you find or buy ends up in your stash, just like any other loot / purchases.

2. You then decide how to use said food and drink, just like any other loot / purchases.

3. So you either a) distribute it to your companions to use for buffing, b) keep it in your stash for later use, or c) assign it to your ship's resources to feed your crew.

The gameplay element here is deciding what you're willing to give to your crew and what you want to keep for yourself / your party. Your crew consumes a decent amount of food and drink per day, so you don't want them to just automatically take any of the high cuisine dishes you have in your stash. Different food and drink types also affect their morale in different ways, so that's also sth to pay attention to (they won't be happy living on just water and hardtack for days on end). I personally enjoy this part of the ship management mini game quite a bit.

Edited by Lorfean
  • Like 1

Shadow Thief of the Obsidian Order

My Backloggery

Also make sure he 'good' food is placed at the top otherwise they whine about only having bad stuff as I found out. Stupid crew doesn't bother looking at the back of the fridge.

Nah, don't squander all the good stuff when morale is already high. Whenever we brought down another pirate, it's hardtack and water!

You know, in real life, doing that would cause a mutiny.

• Like 1

Azarhal, Chanter and Keeper of Truth of the Obsidian Order of Eternity.