Thank you for making me cry (A letter to the Devs)

Dear Obsidian 

Thank you for fulfilling my crowdfunding tier in a way I didn't expect. Griffin's Blade was more than I expected. When I funded the game, I was in a terrible place, having lost both my grandfathers and my most trusted companion, my faithful dog Griffin. The story I gave you was very different to the route you took with it, and it was so true to life. 

I can't tell you how much it meant to me to find that sword, and it will always be the weapon I use in this game, no matter what I play. 

Thank you

A Fan

• Like 10

So this is your weapon?

https://pillarsofeternity.gamepedia.com/Griffin%27s_Blade

I like the story for it :)

But that was not your original story? What was your story then?

Edited by Fluffle

"Loyal Servant of His Most Fluffyness, Lord Kerfluffleupogus, Devourer of the Faithful!"

ringoffireresistance.gif *wearing the Ring of Fire Resistance* (gift from JFSOCC)

• 4 years later...

This is a long time coming, and I apologize for the late reply, but I stumbled upon this post. I am the dev who had the pleasure of writing the background lore for this sword. I also designed the three upgrades for the blade. I want you to know that this particular item was very special to me. I know the pain of the loss of a companion, and the truth of your submission moved me and moves me still. Thank you so much for your contribution to this game. The world of Pillars is motivated by the truth of the experiences of all Kith. Characters and story are better for what you have added to their world. I re-read this post often because it brings me a (tearful) joy to know that what came about in the game brought you joy, even if that joy has tears. Thank you for playing.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1