What do you think, should the Blessing of Berath to be changed or removed for PotD difficulty?

Should the Blessing of Berath to be changed or removed for PotD difficulty?  

123 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Blessing of Berath to be changed or removed for PotD difficulty?

• No, it hardly makes a difference
    • Removed - it gives too many advantages
    • Changed/nerfed - it gives too many advantages, so should be changed/nerfed
    • Partially Changed/nerfed/removed - some gifts are harmless and others are too strong
    • I will never play PotD, so i don't care

BoB are great idea, especially starting money and level up, could make rerolling more fun.

More stats could be good for experiencing all dialogue options.

You are not forced to pick any BoB.

There could be Skaen Curses which will make game harder.

• Like 6

It hardly makes a difference for most players tbh. The vast majority of players don't actually play this to get a challange, they play it for the story. I don't want it easy, but I have no need for being punished either. I would not mind if BoB was gone either.

I think its a shame so many people use RPG's to hunt achivements and promote themselves, instead of simply playing the game and enjoying them. Nobody is forcing anyone to use BoB

We speak only about POTD diffculty, the purpose of which challenge. If you don't want challange, just choose a veteran. IMO, BoB ruin the purpose of PotD.

And if they want a challenge they can play without BoB.

And a reward for difficulty must be a real reward for a minimum of pain, if it's an automatic formality it's just an egalitarian joke.

If Veteran or POTD are too difficult, stay in Normal and you are not made for more and the ultimate reward. It's not a shame, it's why many levels of difficulty are here.

The "I suffered more than you" mentality will never end.

They disabled BoB and added achievmenet? "Why is there no 'Solo only' achievement?!?!"

They added solo achievement? "HAha you play op class"

The player decide to play the class considered to be weakest? "Haha I killed this at level 1"

It's a single-player game and we are all on the same level playing field. People need to stop sitting on the backseat developer chair and just play the game. If it becomes too easy for them then go ahead and strip all the equipment, just don't demand everyone to follow.

Edited by Zeitzbach

There is no good reason to remove it for PotD. If you think it makes the game too easy then don't use it. The same reason I never do iron man or expert mode is because they deny two things I like: saves in case of bugs and important gameplay info. I don't demand them removed, I just don't use them.

• Like 2

And a reward for difficulty must be a real reward for a minimum of pain, if it's an automatic formality it's just an egalitarian joke.

If Veteran or POTD are too difficult, stay in Normal and you are not made for more and the ultimate reward. It's not a shame, it's why many levels of difficulty are here.

They disabled BoB and added achievmenet? "Why is there no 'Solo only' achievement?!?!"

The player decide to play the class considered to be weakest? "Haha I killed this at level 1"

It's a single-player game and we are all on the same level playing field. People need to stop sitting on the backseat developer chair and just play the game. If it becomes too easy for them then go ahead and strip all the equipment, just don't demand everyone to follow.

It is an unfounded accusation IMO or a sort of complex of susceptibility.

Nobody will force you to be a hardcore RPG gamer. We want just difficulty for...difficulty Levels.

You can live without the hardcore achievement unlocked I think.

Not nothing more nothing less, it is a just and justifiable position.

Nobody will force you to be a hardcore RPG gamer. We want just difficulty for...difficulty Levels.

PotD being too easy atm has absolutely nothing to do with BoB though.

BoB is optional.

PotD being undertuned isn't.

Aiming the pitchfork at BoB in an attempt to bandage fix PotD isn't the right direction.

Blessing of Berath is 100% Optional. Its player choice. If someone wants to complain that it made POTD too easy its their own fault.

Nobody put a gun to their head and forced them to use it. If they truly desired a challenge they wouldn't have used it.

It should stay as its currently implemented.

• Like 1

PotD being too easy atm has absolutely nothing to do with BoB though.

BoB is optional.

PotD being undertuned isn't.

Aiming the pitchfork at BoB in an attempt to bandage fix PotD isn't the right direction.

I'm agree with you on this point, I was off because behind this topic we can see the philosophical choices for difficulty as source of debate. Edited by DaKatarn

Seems like an accurate accusation to me. There is a group of people demanding/suggesting the removal of a game feature because they feel the game is too easy. Thing is that thing they want removed is optional, so there is no need to remove it. All that does it make that groups play style mandatory (even if only in a certain case) for another group. Why remove the option? Because one group thinks their way of playing is better or can't be bothered to control which options they select?

Oh, I wasn't even aware of these.

*shrug* people who like a challenge, or people who like a well balanced experience, won't choose them. People who are too busy, like god mode, or are experimenting with weird options, can use them (as well as the console). I don't see an issue. It's not like I need to prove to anybody that my achievement badges (whatever they are) are real or whatever.

Whenever I see such a feature in a game my first idea is that the highest difficulties are balanced towards using that feature. Some games are designed in such a way that you cannot beat them on the highest difficulty without using it.

I still hope there will be difficulty achievements and I hope they will limit application of Blessings. As for PotD in general, I see no harm in allowing them.

That being said, I think the vote lacks an important option.

Edited by Sotnik

Seems like an accurate accusation to me. There is a group of people demanding/suggesting the removal of a game feature because they feel the game is too easy. Thing is that thing they want removed is optional, so there is no need to remove it. All that does it make that groups play style mandatory (even if only in a certain case) for another group. Why remove the option? Because one group thinks their way of playing is better or can't be bothered to control which options they select?

My post are answer concerning the difficulty debate in the page 1, nothing about the Berath trouble as I say. IMO Berath is optional and not a problem just for hardcore achievement maybe.

But Deadfire is too easy, it’s not a feeling but an objective conclusion.

Edited by DaKatarn

My post are answer concerning the difficulty debate in the page 1, nothing about the Berath trouble as I say. IMO Berath is optional and not a problem just for hardcore achievement maybe.

Okay. How does this objective conclusion counter any of what I said? Because I never claimed it wasn't easy.

Edited by nstgc

I'd rather have them do what ( I think ) they said it would, which is add more challenging punishments for the player.

I remembered that these will be curses, so I was quite surprised to see they made the game easier, and not harder. 

I'd love curses such as :

- Level up slower.

- Minus stats, instead of bonus.

- Wrath of the Gods - Random debuffs on you in fights.

These are just examples of course, not necessarily guidelines, of what kind of creative ideas would be really fun for replayability

• Like 1

I'd rather have them do what ( I think ) they said it would, which is add more challenging punishments for the player.

I remembered that these will be curses, so I was quite surprised to see they made the game easier, and not harder. 

I'd love curses such as :

- Level up slower.

- Minus stats, instead of bonus.

- Wrath of the Gods - Random debuffs on you in fights.

These are just examples of course, not necessarily guidelines, of what kind of creative ideas would be really fun for replayability

This is a good idea. For those players that want extra challenge, removing an already optional system won't help. However adding something like this in will. BoB doesn't have to be only positive.

I'd like to take this idea further and suggest that they have a small NEGATIVE value. You can use them on start as extra challenge, or use them as a sort of custom difficulty level combined with some positive BoB (note that I'm suggesting an equivalent boon would be more expensive than the associated bane).

Edited by nstgc

If you find its too easy to PotD with BoB, then don't use them.  If you still find it's too easy, than start some goofy 'custom' difficulty nonsense, and convince others to join you.  Don't use Empower, don't wear Armor, only use Level 1 spells, go Solo.... what ever you feel like doing to make the system more painful feel free to do.  

Don't think that your masochism gives you some sort of justification to remove something that you don't like.

• Like 1

I don't see why this is even a thing if you're aren't in any way required to use it to play on PotD?

When the equivalent of the Ultimate achievement is added I can see an argument being made to not allow them for that but otherwise I agree completely.

It's not an objective conclusion, and I'll prove it. It's really easy to prove, too. Here it goes: I think the difficulty is fine and have no problems with it.

BAM! See that? It's a subjective opinion.