I for one quite like the ship combat mini-game, but I would like to figure out how to know which way I'm facing the other ship. There is some sort of guidance in the form of the round dial thing in the middle but I can't seem to get how it relates to my actions, and thus I can't quite seem to grasp how I'm positioned in relation to my enemy (victim). Turning starboard and port, I guess means 90° turns to the left or right, and jibe means the full 180°. So far so good, but somehow turning doesn't seem to correspond with the ships direction around the middle dial. But maybe they do and I just can't see it.

• Like 1

Lesson learned - had a ship that was supposed to be a couple levels higher than me beat down with our cannons and opted to board her to finish them off - when the enemy crew appeared they were mostly red skull 3+ and white skull 3+ and outnumbered us as well death came quickly at least   :skull:

Should have kept my cannons roaring and sank the bastard !  :p

Nomadic Wayfarer of the Obsidian Order

Not all those that wander are lost...

Also cooks make food consumption (which is easier to find) more managable, but drink consumption not (while being less frequent). That seems a bit odd to me.

Maybe they are checking which food will expire first or putting more water on the broth. It's much easier to save food in the kitchen than telling the crew they can't have another drink. ;)

sign.jpg

I for one quite like the ship combat mini-game, but I would like to figure out how to know which way I'm facing the other ship. There is some sort of guidance in the form of the round dial thing in the middle but I can't seem to get how it relates to my actions, and thus I can't quite seem to grasp how I'm positioned in relation to my enemy (victim). Turning starboard and port, I guess means 90° turns to the left or right, and jibe means the full 180°. So far so good, but somehow turning doesn't seem to correspond with the ships direction around the middle dial. But maybe they do and I just can't see it.

TLDR; You're in the middle.

So, for example:

At the beginning of combat, your bow faces the enemy, so full speed ahead (or half sail) takes you closer. If you turn twice to the same side (port or starboard), your stern will be towards the enemy and full speed ahead moves you further away from the enemy.

Similarly, If you turn to starboard (right) the black enemy ship icon will move to your left (port) side (because when you turn to the right the enemy will be on your left) same story for turning to port.

When you jibe. the black enemy ship icon on the outside of the dial will move to the other side of the circle but what really happened was that you turned your ship so that the other side was facing the opponent.

I hope the above makes sense.

• Like 1

If your ai scripts are set and everyone in your has gear boarding is pretty easy. Ai will always rush your low deflection toon though but you can use escapes/buff them - it is something you can plan for. 

Here I boarded "captain level22 Thanick" for fun...but the loot was not that good

Edited by 1TTFFSSE

If your ai scripts are set and everyone in your has gear boarding is pretty easy. Ai will always rush your low deflection toon though but you can use escapes/buff them - it is something you can plan for. 

Here I boarded "captain level22 Thanick" for fun...but the loot was not that good

Which level was your party though? With a high level party that's certainly not so hard, but this fight and many other boarding fights will be impossible with a low level party.